Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

As a gay, the religious undertones in Lanas music are very solemn.

But being gay also makes it easier to understand how it feels to be abandoned by higher consciousness, or to even relate to the love/hate relationship Lana has described having with her faith.

NFR! is my least favorite album. I only like half of the songs and until this day I can't appreciate it the same way I do with the rest of her discography; It just doesn't feel unapologetically Lana to me.

i think the money comments in violet are lana just expressing what she's trying to say wrong.

she was born into money. she wasn't like a rockefeller but she lived in a nice area and had successful parents.

what she does deny is that her parents money funded her career. i think thats what she gets defensive about. she said she wasn't even speaking to her dad for a long time when video games got big. 

Either way, the fact that she's still going on about it irks me. Even if they didn't fund her career directly, I would argue that they still did so indirectly.

What I mean by that is, it's easier to pursue a career in music, or whatever you want, if you have well-off parents to fall back on, and she has always had that. It's clear that she hasn't always had the best relationship with them, but I also don't think they ever would've left her to live on the street or anything. They, and their money, were always there if she ever needed it.

A lot of people don't have the privilege of choosing what they want to do with their lives, and have to do whatever they can to pay bills. It's not her fault that her parents are well-off, but I also think she should stop whining about people pointing out that they were.

You know, and then there's "they say that I'm rich, and I am - but not in the way that they think". As several critics have already pointed out, she IS rich in precisely the way we think. She has millions of dollars. We all get what she means but she didn't communicate it well, so it's difficult to argue that this is "good" poetry. In some cases, it's difficult to argue that it's poetry at all.

It is what it is, and I'm glad people are enjoying it, but I don't think anyone should be acting as if she's the Next Best American Poet.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Doin' Time  is the best song on NFR and probably the only one I'd revisit, the production is clean and lush (probably because it wasn't touched by jackoff), the vocal delivery is gorgeous I love the little nuisances lana does with her voice on the record like the "I love her so bAd" it reminds me of her how she used to used to sing when she had her lolita lost in the hood phase which is cute.

The rest of Norman Rockwell...I don't know him.. I didn't know he sang I thought he was a painter or whatever 

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

Doin' Time  is the best song on NFR and probably the only one I'd revisit, the production is clean and lush (probably because it wasn't touched by jackoff), the vocal delivery is gorgeous I love the little nuisances lana does with her voice on the record like the "I love her so bAd" it reminds me of her how she used to used to sing when she had her lolita lost in the hood phase which is cute.

The rest of Norman Rockwell...I don't know him.. I didn't know he sang I thought he was a painter or whatever

I don't dislike NFR (I actually think it's pretty great aside from two songs that I tend to skip), but I totally agree that Doin' Time is the standout track. It's by far the most interesting one production-wise and also vocally, and as you said, it brings back the playfulness of 2011/2012 Lana that made me fall in love with her music in the first place. I would love to get a full, more pop-oriented and uptempo-ish album produced by Andrew Watt and Happy Perez.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I want an "instrumental" Lana track––one in which she only hums, sighs, moans, whispers, whatever against an exquisitely crafted, lounge-y sonic background. Think the humming part in the "Summer Bummer" demo, for instance.

Maybe not on an album but for a soundtrack or as a stand-alone single. 

I wish she had picked this photo for NFR. She just exudes confidence and serenity here, while glowing in that classic glamorous Lana beauty. It's one of my most favourite shots of her. fghsdhfg

yyTs6y1.jpg

i wish lana would let her higher vocals lead her songs more often while her lower register does the backing vocals, when i listen to songs like doin' time i can only ever focus on the high backing vocals 

i love you, but you don't understand me.

i wish lana would let her higher vocals lead her songs more often while her lower register does the backing vocals, when i listen to songs like doin' time i can only ever focus on the high backing vocals 

there's a difference between singing high and a baby voice, the way she sings the bridge in ride for example is what i'm talking about

She used to balance the high and low SO well, and that's what I want back. 

Like what she did in OTTR, Ride, Carmen, 24, honeymoon, and plenty more.

imo, It's like now she sings in a register that allows her to sing it live while zoning out and not putting actual effort in. Sometimes I think she barely put in any effort when recording the studio version too. 

That's why I still wanna hear Yosemite so bad because she actually said it was challenging for her. 

She used to balance the high and low SO well, and that's what I want back. 

Like what she did in OTTR, Ride, Carmen, 24, honeymoon, and plenty more.

imo, It's like now she sings in a register that allows her to sing it live while zoning out and not putting actual effort in. Sometimes I think she barely put in any effort when recording the studio version too. 

That's why I still wanna hear Yosemite so bad because she actually said it was challenging for her. 

i feel the same, which isn't necessarily her fault she's not a natural born performer but even during LATTM she would add/change little things about the songs like black beauty and when she belted during cherry :defeated: i wish she would sing more like that in studio versions. she's able to do so much with her vocals and she makes these amazing melodies she just doesn't use them to their full potential as much anymore..

i love you, but you don't understand me.

i feel the same, which isn't necessarily her fault she's not a natural born performer but even during LATTM she would add/change little things about the songs like black beauty and when she belted during cherry :defeated: i wish she would sing more like that in studio versions. she's able to do so much with her vocals and she makes these amazing melodies she just doesn't use them to their full potential as much anymore..

Yes! She would do that even more in the BTD/Paradise era on tour. She really did let her vocals flow freely and wild. She even made wailing sound as talented and sophisticated opera. 

That's why my favourite albums are UV and Honeymoon cause they definitely got bits and pieces of those vocals (free and sophisticated). There were big changes in her studio vocals between then and LFL, and again for NFR. I wish a professional in vocal coaching or something would analyse it cause I don't know the right terminology. 

I want an "instrumental" Lana track––one in which she only hums, sighs, moans, whispers, whatever against an exquisitely crafted, lounge-y sonic background.

I kinda want her to cover Frozen by Madonna. Not quite sure if Lana has the range, but if nothing else, we'd at least get some exquisite "hmmmmm" moments.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I kinda want her to cover Frozen by Madonna. Not quite sure if Lana has the range, but if nothing else, we'd at least get some exquisite "hmmmmm" moments.

I've always wondered what would be a good Madonna song for Lana to cover (I also wonder if she's had any influence on her). "Frozen" would be a great choice. I can see her covering "Inside of Me" as well. Of course, we have "You Must Love Me," but I am not a fan of Lana's rendition unfortunately. 

this post kind of sums up the speculation on the whole beef with her mother 

https://www.reddit.com/r/lanadelrey/comments/i3p5qf/plotwist_lana_has_mommy_issues_not_daddy_issues/

never noticed this but its true- a lot of lana's lyrics (especially the early stuff) are generally pretty catty on the topic of other women. meanwhile she worshipped the ground men walked on. 

could be nothing but there's lots of girls who become that way due to a strained/competitive relationship with their mother. i've seen it firsthand lol. mean girls become mean mothers. 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me