Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

The only way NFR has aged is deliciously like fine wine.

Thank youuuu. I know I wasn't the only one who still loves NFR. I stream it almost everyday.

Idk the fandoms thoughts on this, but I think Heroin is one of her most beautiful songs (maybe her best vocal performance on an album track on the verses and chorus, the lullaby like quality, the instrumental), but then the bridge and outro almost ruin the song for me. When she sings “It’s hot... etc” she sounds like a crow cawing. I get that it maybe it’s a stylistic choice that everything is cool and super mellow and then there is such an immediate harsh contrast, but I think it’s ugly.

I have heard a lot of people say this about the bridge in Heroin. I love that little break because she expresses so much emotion in it. Like I can feel it.

mypictr_380x225-7.png

not so much a Lana opinion as it is a fandom opinion, but it really bugs me when people describe the album version of How To Disappear as having "trap beats" when that song.... literally..... doesn't have trap beats????

Wq9zHLl.jpg

Idk the fandoms thoughts on this, but I think Heroin is one of her most beautiful songs (maybe her best vocal performance on an album track on the verses and chorus, the lullaby like quality, the instrumental), but then the bridge and outro almost ruin the song for me. When she sings “It’s hot... etc” she sounds like a crow cawing. I get that it maybe it’s a stylistic choice that everything is cool and super mellow and then there is such an immediate harsh contrast, but I think it’s ugly.

totally agree and it doesn’t deserve to be in LFL which is her worst album

:smile3:

on the subject of heroin... it's honestly the only lfl track i really listen to, i'm actually listening to it right now. the lfl album falls flat and doesn't compare to her other albums in my opinion, but heroin is really nice. it has the dreamy, melancholic but hopeful feel as the lfl demo, it's sad to see what lfl could've been. 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

on the subject of heroin... it's honestly the only lfl track i really listen to, i'm actually listening to it right now. the lfl album falls flat and doesn't compare to her other albums in my opinion, but heroin is really nice. it has the dreamy, melancholic but hopeful feel as the lfl demo, it's sad to see what lfl could've been. 

oh man.... you've just made me realise there really is an alternate timeline where both Heroin and the LFL demo are on the same album, but we're not living in it :(

Wq9zHLl.jpg

lust for life is a dreamy masterpiece, you guys are on CRACK omg

its like you're on a cloud with a blunt in one hand and a glass of sangria in the other, overlooking LA

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

I miss how absolutely magical her live performances were when all she had to sing was btd/paradise songs

i miss heart shaped box

I don't get the hype for Live or Die, oh at all

it's something i'd hear on the radio in 2014. also all of her rapping is bad. theres my unpopular opinion

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

it's something i'd hear on the radio in 2014. also all of her rapping is bad. theres my unpopular opinion

yea the production feels super dated, and not in a fun way like some of her other cheesy unreleased tracks

Wq9zHLl.jpg

I miss how absolutely magical her live performances were when all she had to sing was btd/paradise songs

her paris show at the olympia 2013 is the cutest thing ever... when i watch the full show on youtube i just smile the whole time

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

her paris show at the olympia 2013 is the cutest thing ever... when i watch the full show on youtube i just smile the whole time

she sounded amazing, the setlist was great, she looked beautiful and the crowd was respectful enough to stay loud during the loud songs and quiet during the quiet songs. literally a dream  :flutter:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

heroin was one of the first songs she wrote for lfl right? so the whole album was supposed to have the sound i just realized

i love you, but you don't understand me.

heroin was one of the first songs she wrote for lfl right? so the whole album was supposed to have the sound i just realized

Yeah in the beginning she said the album was very much inspired by horror movie soundtracks and in those vids of her looking over the press shots for the era with Neil, they’re listening to horror movie strings. BAR, 13Beaches, Cherry, and WTWWAW are also very horror movie-esque