Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I actually loved NFR, but I never understood her saying that the album was basically for the masses that said she does the same thing when, lyrically, it doesn't sound any more happier/optimistic than her other albums. I mean, cinnamon girl, california, love song, the greatest, happiness is a butterfly, they aren't songs that I'd say would refute the claim a lot of people have concerning her being a sad girl or whatever.

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

I actually loved NFR, but I never understood her saying that the album was basically for the masses that said she does the same thing when, lyrically, it doesn't sound any more happier/optimistic than her other albums. I mean, cinnamon girl, california, love song, the greatest, happiness is a butterfly, they aren't songs that I'd say would refute the claim a lot of people have concerning her being a sad girl or whatever.

Β 

Tbf 'NFR' is a good album, but it's just kinda beige and uneventful, and the production/instrumentation is also very lackluster. I feel like after 'Lust for Life' which was in general panned by the fans, whatever album Lana was going to release that was slightly better and more cohesive than 'LFL' would be considered some sort of masterpiece. She def stoop the bar pretty low after 'Honeymoon'.

lana's worst released songs are lust for life, lolita and god knows i tried

Β 

Oop this is controversial. (I agree on LFL tho)

⊹ (:Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…[Μ²Μ…:β™‘:]Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…) ⊹ 

π“Š”Β I took the miracle move on drugΒ π“Š”

βš•οΈΒ The effects were temporaryΒ βš•οΈ

⊹ (:Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…[Μ²Μ…:β™‘:]Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…) ⊹ 

I consider myself to be a hardcore lana stan and since day 1 i felt like nfr is "lighter" and "brighter" than her pre l4l work. IDK why but it is what it is.

I honestly can't stand video games anymoreΒ  :icant:

1.jpgΒ  3.jpgΒ Β 2.jpgΒ 

I miss when all that’s real to her was halloween and jesus :xcry:

Β 

I hope after this record she will stop trying to appease people and go back to making controversial or provocative music again, it’s really where she shines. any alt/indie pop girl could’ve done cinnamon girl, but only lana can make ultraviolence

UbsOye5.png

Doin' time music video is ugly

Β 

lana's worst released songs are lust for life, lolita and god knows i triedΒ 

2a87ce9dcfbe3f8a3c67f8b8323ac820.jpg

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"Β Β :makeup:

Β 

I hope after this record she will stop trying to appease people and go back to making controversial or provocative music again, it’s really where she shines. any alt/indie pop girl could’ve done cinnamon girl, but only lana can make ultraviolence

Β 

:shock:Β  :agree:

Β 

This.

Β 

NFR's production has been discussed to death, but THIS is the crux of the problem I have with that album.

Β 

I'm hopeful about COCC. We only have a short, low quality snippet, but based on the title alone, Tulsa Jesus Freak sounds like a serve. Even if it's unironically about him, at least there appears to be some self-awareness. Finally.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I consider myself to be a hardcore lana stan and since day 1 i felt like nfr is "lighter" and "brighter" than her pre l4l work. IDK why but it is what it is.

Haha yeah - definitely seeing as in LFL she still had grand sounds and lyrics including people dying from a heroin overdose, obscure themes likeΒ Aleister Crowley, self-destructive feelings of love, and impending apocalypses. That's not to say NFR doesn't have intelligent lyrics and some really soulful pieces, but on a whole it really makes NFR sound light and idealised. "Fresh out of fucks forever" is the perfect summation of the album for me cos it feels breezy.

3lfQEhw.png

i feel like when it comes to unreleased stuff, a lot of lana's more interesting and unique tracks get looked over and forgotten, and her most "basic" (sorry to use that term i just can't think of a different one) unreleased tracks get TONNES of praise - i also feel like if a lot of those tracks were actually released, they'd be nowhere near as revered.

Wq9zHLl.jpg