Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Only she already took revenge, when she wasted the music video on White Mustang. Still weeping for the masterpiece it would have been :crying2:

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

13 minutes ago, lamms said:

Only she already took revenge, when she wasted the music video on White Mustang. Still weeping for the masterpiece it would have been :crying2:

Still don’t understand why she does that. Like who films a music video for one song, changes their mind, and just slaps another song over the same footage? 

Ultraviolence would have made so much more sense at the time if she put it out with its intended video. Luckily, it becoming the freak video wasn’t too jarring at all, but still. The visuals made more sense with the story of UV, especially cause she said it was true to life. 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

21 minutes ago, lamms said:

Rich Lee must've been like "what the fuck are you talking about" when it was edited. 

and yeah, Ultraviolence would've been my favourite video probably ever if it had kept its original music. The drinking the Kool Aid and then wiping the mouth is one of the sexiest, most beautiful yet paralysing things I've ever seen. UGH LANA YOU DOOOOOFUS. :defeated:

1 hour ago, Electric Body said:

I. Love. This. Post. 

and I love YOU. the taste. Justice for BAR :icant:

3lfQEhw.png

27 minutes ago, lamms said:

Only she already took revenge, when she wasted the music video on White Mustang. Still weeping for the masterpiece it would have been 

I would have loved a music video for Cherry with the 1971 mood of the "Hilltop" Coke commercial and the Some Velvet Morning mv

Some Velvet Morning mv: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb-SVPJM4L4

'Blue Velvet', 'The Other Woman' and 'Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood' are all amazing covers, I don't understand the hate with any of these fine songs.

4 minutes ago, MAX DEL REY said:

'Blue Velvet', 'The Other Woman' and 'Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood' are all amazing covers, I don't understand the hate with any of these fine songs.

Yes, this! Plus she belted some amazing high notes in The Other Woman ... the first time I heard it I was left dumbfounded and I wasn't certainly expecting that. :brows3:

5fe355eac0b664d0bc39e10665a55b42.gif

She's a gorgeous narcissist and she knows it.

1 hour ago, wild caged animal said:

I would have loved a music video for Cherry with the 1971 mood of the "Hilltop" Coke commercial and the Some Velvet Morning mv

Some Velvet Morning mv: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb-SVPJM4L4

I can't really envision Cherry in that mood. A song like Cherry deserved some sultry dancing + Music To Watch Boys To vibes (-> LfL trailer but make it sexy)... But alas here we are with the Cherry music video on the endless pile of "lies/broken promises/she forgot"

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

4 minutes ago, Hallo Heaven said:

Yes, this! Plus she belted some amazing high notes in The Other Woman ... the first time I heard it I was left dumbfounded and I wasn't certainly expecting that. :brows3:

Love them jazzy vocals too!

11 minutes ago, MAX DEL REY said:

they make me feel so rich and chic I love all of them

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

5 minutes ago, lamms said:

I can't really envision Cherry in that mood. A song like Cherry deserved some sultry dancing + Music To Watch Boys To vibes (-> LfL trailer but make it sexy)... But alas here we are with the Cherry music video on the endless pile of "lies/broken promises/she forgot"

Sultry dancing for sure. I was referring to the setup. Cherries & wine, rosemary & thyme, rose garden dreams, black beaches... it always brings me to that scenery.

22 hours ago, MAX DEL REY said:

«Blue Velvet», «The Other Woman» et «Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood» sont tous des reprises incroyables, je ne comprends pas la haine de ces belles chansons.

Oh yes I agree so much. To be honest, Lana never does bad covers. These are perfect.

I love the clip of Ultraviolence filmed on mobile, I couldn't help but watch it over and over again with those summer colors and this amateur thing that makes me crack at Lana + I hope the next record will not be like NFR otherwise it will be a big disappointment for me.

I never got the hype for Life is Beautiful, since the trailer I thought it was a cute lil song but nothing to die for... and the leak kinda confirmed that, for me! Could’ve done without it, but I’m happy for the ones who were waiting for it nonetheless  :w8ing:

Lanarat.png

2 minutes ago, recklessdaughter said:

NFR always seemed just as feminine and glamorous as all Lana’s other albums to me and I never really understood the argument that it wasn’t. 

I think the argument comes from her lack of interest in vanity both throughout the end of the LFL era and the entirety of the NFR era. I think people also assume that because she says lines like “I’m your man” and also covers sublime she’s taking on a more masculine role. A Tom-boy if you will.

2 minutes ago, veinsineon said:

I think the argument comes from her lack of interest in vanity both throughout the end of the LFL era and the entirety of the NFR era. I think people also assume that because she says lines like “I’m your man” and also covers sublime she’s taking on a more masculine role. A Tom-boy if you will.

Idk, you can exude glamour and femininity without vanity. I personally don’t think those are connected. And I didn’t take “I’m your man” as a specifically gendered statement. Just like “I can be whoever you need me to be”. If anything, her personality on the album was gentler and more nurturing than ever before, so it almost came off as more feminine than her previous work. 

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

Hi everyone! Ya boy Sam has just dug a ditch in the side of the road, where you can probably find my body after everyone has read these hot takes! :sass:

• The second half of Honeymoon is really boring and doesn't have the replay value that Lana's other records have. :thumb2:
  • Justifying Honeymoon as an 'experience' that you need to sit through in its entirety to enjoy doesn't excuse how slow the entire album is. :eek:
  • Chuck's cover is bad, but Neil Krug's is even worse. :eyeroll2:
  • Freak's demo is better than the album version. :thirst:
  • There's a reason Art Deco, 24, Religion and Swan Song are never on the setlist (some never being sung) :godlaugh:
  • Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood is a good cover. :grinds:
  • 24 is the worst song Lana has produced. I would rather listen to Noir on repeat. :judgingu3:
  • Liking Honeymoon most doesn't make you interesting or unique, since every Lana del Rey album has incredible elements. :ohsnap:

Signing off, bang bang, kiss kiss. :oic: xo

3lfQEhw.png