Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

IDK if it was said before but here goes:

What if LDR5 is mixture of AKA, BtD + Paradise, UV and HM.. Since it's for the fans.. 

Like, it's for the fans and she has fans from every era (don't know how else to put my thoughts into words lol).. Anyway, mixture of every era/album would really create Best American Record

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

I feel like I have too many unpopular Lana opinions but here's another anyway I don't think the video for Love is that great. In my opinion, it's kind of boring and I hate that green color the scenes of her singing is comprised of :eek: 

I feel like I have too many unpopular Lana opinions but here's another anyway I don't think the video for Love is that great. In my opinion, it's kind of boring and I hate that green color the scenes of her singing is comprised of :eek:

I totally get that. I think it comes down to my personal taste though. I'm not too into the whole space scenery thing and I actually strongly dislike anything sci-fi ish. The only scenes I like are the ones of Lana singing with the band. :pft:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I just quoted this so I could agree with you about that green color effect, it's really awful.

Also, I'd like it more if it had more clear scenes, if you know what I mean.

This part don't take it personally because I quoted you previously ~ I love video for Love. It's like, when you're in love, that feeling is like you're discovering new worlds, new galaxy, it makes you feel important. So, space theme in the video, completely fits the theme of the song IMO.

Although I wish we had more Lana scenes

Old Money seemed out of place on UV when compared to Flipsise/Is This Happiness. Is This Happiness should been on the album and Old Money should've stayed ureleased or gone on Honeymoon.

I just quoted this so I could agree with you about that green color effect, it's really awful.

Also, I'd like it more if it had more clear scenes, if you know what I mean.

This part don't take it personally because I quoted you previously ~ I love video for Love. It's like, when you're in love, that feeling is you're discovering new worlds, new galaxy, it makes you feel important. So, space theme in the video, completely fits the theme of the song IMO.

Although I wish we had more Lana scenes

ya Lana needed more screen time on her past 2 vids. Love's vibrant blue-spacey colors are cool but there's zero iconic Lana shots :( Lana had a cooler look in Freak.

ya Lana needed more screen time on her past 2 vids. Love's vibrant blue-spacey colors are cool but there's zero iconic Lana shots :( Lana had a cooler look in Freak.

Yup... I hope she'll do something more for her next video.. She needs to be more on screen, not Chuck's friends or hers or whatever

people that whine over track listing and changed names are the same people who got the song to leak so congrats you fooled yourself 

nope. the people doing a bad job of protecting Lana's material got her song to leak.

giphy.gif

nope. the people doing a bad job of protecting Lana's material got her song to leak.

no. theres many people on this very site who claim how unfair it is to leak her stuff yet beg people for it behind closed doors so

I think the acoustic/radio mix of West Coast is fucking AWFUL, shame on whoever mixed that :crossed: I prefer either the regular version or that godly acoustic/stripped back version she did at the Freak mv premiere. I don't know if that's a necessarily unpopular opinion though :creep: 

Lucky Ones Demo is FAR better than the final. I find the BTD lucky ones quite boring, but a nice instrumental...

The first Dark Paradise demo (i got the ice, u got the fire) is so much better and should have been the final one.

And tbh, i like all the Lolita versions equally, demos and final. Each one fits a different mood (if i feel like fresh modern then the final, if i feel like something classic then Demo 1, if i feel like something strange then Demo 2, etc) and I couldn't pick one favourite of them.

The girls in the MTWBT were kinda ugly.tumblr_nxfyobdrCZ1u6n38po1_250.gif

They ruined the Freak music video for me

I think the Freak girls get very close to ruining the music video. Actually, they kind of do. The concept, after all, is about being in an exciting but ultimately deadly cult and there's very little they do that shows they understand that is the role they are supposed to be playing. Their vibe/look/acting is just completely wrong and feels much more modern LA girl than something that would fit within the context of the video. One of the girls in particular keeps looking at the camera excitedly like literally every 3 seconds as if she can't get over the fact that she's in a big budget LDR video and that degree of self-awareness is really distracting. 

It just sucks because I really like the concept they were going for and Lana and FJM both played it well, but if they had just made some adjustments (/recast the girls) and looked more mysterious, subdued, hypnotized, slightly afraid--something to signal they were in the middle of a tragic cult, it would have brought the video more to life and furthered the vision, as opposed to coming off as Lana/Chuck's friends crashing the set one day. 

God I'm so bitter sorry. 

I think the Freak girls get very close to ruining the music video. Actually, they kind of do. The concept, after all, is about being in an exciting but ultimately deadly cult and there's very little they do that shows they understand that is the role they are supposed to be playing. Their vibe/look/acting is just completely wrong and feels much more modern LA girl than something that would fit within the context of the video. One of the girls in particular keeps looking at the camera excitedly like literally every 3 seconds as if she can't get over the fact that she's in a big budget LDR video and that degree of self-awareness is really distracting. 

It just sucks because I really like the concept they were going for and Lana and FJM both played it well, but if they had just made some adjustments (/recast the girls) and looked more mysterious, subdued, hypnotized, slightly afraid--something to signal they were in the middle of a tragic cult, it would have brought the video more to life and furthered the vision, as opposed to coming off as Lana/Chuck's friends crashing the set one day. 

God I'm so bitter sorry. 

i have to agree tho