Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I'm sorry but she looks ugly in a lot of the recent candids/posts..  :toofunny:

I really try not to be superficial but she was so effortlessly pretty up until recently. No she doesn't need to wear makeup out all the time, but girl... it's always jeans and a flannel/jacket with unkept hair unless she's at a gucci event.

It's not the lack of makeup or the casual clothes... She dressed pretty much the same during the UV era, and before she was famous too. We have so many old pics of her where she's bare faced in jeans and a plain shirt and I think she looked great! I love her glammed up, but she doesn't need to make all that effort all the time... I dress up & put on a full face of makeup just to go to the grocery store, so I know first hand lol, that shit don't take 10 minutes! I think it's that she looks tired and a bit...hazy, I guess. I haven't spotted a single wrinkle (so it's not that she looks "old"), but her face does look a bit bloated most of the time. Maybe it's the cheek fillers, maybe it's something else, idk, but I know other people see it too and it's the kind of thing that can definitely throw you off. I mean compare how her face looks in the Sylvia Plath snippet vs this pic with a fan

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsICQZwnoVy/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrAkohNnRUg/

Or how she looked in the British Fashion Awards vs how she looked last year at the Met Gala (where her face was visibly swollen). Maybe it's a health issue, maybe she has allergies or sth...but it's not the lack makeup.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

It's not the lack of makeup or the casual clothes... She dressed pretty much the same during the UV era, and before she was famous too. We have so many old pics of her where she's bare faced in jeans and a plain shirt and I think she looked great! I love her glammed up, but she doesn't need to make all that effort all the time... I dress up & put on a full face of makeup just to go to the grocery store, so I know first hand lol, that shit don't take 10 minutes! I think it's that she looks tired and a bit...hazy, I guess. I haven't spotted a single wrinkle (so it's not that she looks "old"), but her face does look a bit bloated most of the time. Maybe it's the cheek fillers, maybe it's something else, idk, but I know other people see it too and it's the kind of thing that can definitely throw you off. I mean compare how her face looks in the Sylvia Plath snippet vs this pic with a fan

Or how she looked in the British Fashion Awards vs how she looked last year at the Met Gala (where her face was visibly swollen). Maybe it's a health issue, maybe she has allergies or sth...but it's not the lack makeup.

This-if you ask me I'd say it was due to her filler/botox work being a bit botched as of late and an unflattering hair colour/style along with the clothes...however I do wish everyone would be a bit nicer about lana I mean I've said stuff about her as well ngl but it seems a little bit harsher as of late in regards to her personally idk.

I think we all need to realise she is just human and imperfect at the end of the day.

This-if you ask me I'd say it was due to her filler/botox work being a bit botched as of late and an unflattering hair colour/style along with the clothes...however I do wish everyone would be a bit nicer about lana I mean I've said stuff about her as well ngl but it seems a little bit harsher as of late in regards to her personally idk.

I think we all need to realise she is just human and imperfect at the end of the day.

I thought the same, but then I noticed her face looking swollen one day, normal the next, then swollen again... You *could* get new fillers almost immediately after getting your old ones dissolved, but as far as I know it's definitely not recommended. And why even go through all that if your new fillers are going to look just like the old ones? I just hope she's not friends with her surgeon, because if she is...the worst has yet to come :horror:

i don't mind that she doesn't wear makeup and put on fancy clothes every day, she has no obligation to perform for us when she's not on a stage.... makes me think of how mean some of you can be too which really bothers me, i used to do a full face every day for years and was extremely insecure, and now i only put on makeup when it's a special occasion where i know i will be photographed, and it's not because i'm lazy (i'm not). learning to love my unaltered appearance was really hard but worth it, i think lana looks gorgeous without makeup and i would want to look like that any day. i'm happy that she's comfortable enough with herself to go out without anything on. at the end of the day that's how we all look and i feel like u guys forget that sometimes :/ obviously she looks a little different lately because she's always doing something w her face but honestly i don't care.. she can do what she wants and if she's happy with it then our opinion doesn't matter anyways, she should do things for herself and no one else. but it really is super disheartening to see so much criticism towards a bare face :( and don't even get me started on what u all say about her weight.... anyways i love her, and while i absolutely adore all of her looks that require more money and more effort, i really admire more that she goes out looking like herself. but yeah. margaret atwood was right. male fantasies, male fantasies...

UbsOye5.png

I think fame is watering down what made her so great in the first place. Yeah, she's been famous for awhile now, but as it grows, her theatricality and effort fade, in performance and in the visual side to her art (music videos, stage outfit and presence). Is she running out of stories to tell?

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

I think fame is watering down what made her so great in the first place. Yeah, she's been famous for awhile now, but as it grows, her theatricality and effort fade, in performance and in the visual side to her art (music videos, stage outfit and presence). Is she running out of stories to tell?

Nah, I doubt it. She has grown stagnant, yes, in fact I think she's been this way since Honeymoon. Perhaps it's partly due to laziness, and/or the disappointment of realizing fame wasn't what she thought it'd be. But I think the main reason is her personal life and her emotional state. Who knows what's been going on behind closed doors and in her mind. Who knows what might have happened to her. All I know for sure is that 2011-2012 Lana seemed to have the world on a string. It was like it was *finally* her time to shine, you know? And for a brief moment in time, she did. But she's been fading ever since. She had (and has) SO much potential. I've seen people with little talent, the blandest personalities and average looks manage to make something of themselves -or in some cases, become even more successful than Lana. Because they wanted to succeed, and those around them wanted them to succeed too. You have to want it. You have to work for it. And Lana...gave up on her career a long time ago. She's definitely lost her spark, and it shows. I just hope she finds something that makes her happy again.

And I hope it's not fucking Hillsong :derpna:

Nah, I doubt it. She has grown stagnant, yes, in fact I think she's been this way since Honeymoon. Perhaps it's partly due to laziness, and/or the disappointment of realizing fame wasn't what she thought it'd be. But I think the main reason is her personal life and her emotional state. Who knows what's been going on behind closed doors and in her mind. Who knows what might have happened to her. All I know for sure is that 2011-2012 Lana seemed to have the world on a string. It was like it was *finally* her time to shine, you know? And for a brief moment in time, she did. But she's been fading ever since. She had (and has) SO much potential. I've seen people with little talent, the blandest personalities and average looks manage to make something of themselves -or in some cases, become even more successful than Lana. Because they wanted to succeed, and those around them wanted them to succeed too. You have to want it. You have to work for it. And Lana...gave up on her career a long time ago. She's definitely lost her spark, and it shows. I just hope she finds something that makes her happy again.

And I hope it's not fucking Hillsong :derpna:

I think it's important to look at what she has achieved for herself though. she's financially secure and (as we've seen) is allowed to do whatever she wants professionally. that's like the ultimate dream for most people. 

I think it's important to look at what she has achieved for herself though. she's financially secure and (as we've seen) is allowed to do whatever she wants professionally. that's like the ultimate dream for most people. 

I don't think Lana's dream was financial security. She grew up financially secure and chose to leave that life behind. I think she'd rather be free than rich. As for your second point, well... I hope you're wrong. Because if you're right, then what she wants to do is practically nothing.

She doesn't make much effort in these following pics but she looks gorgeous and her hair is brushed. 

9Ku8JUwdGE8.jpg

Hjm5-EU9Dw0.jpg

2T1-h9gJTT8.jpg

I don't really like Lana's personality all that much and I never really have. Like obviously she's sweet and kind, but she has an airhead quality to her that's hard to ignore.

Her artistic persona is amazing, and her writing and music is top notch which cannot be topped nor compared, but her as a person....eh.

Same! i love her music and i'm obsessed with the story she creates, but I don't really think she's that interesting as a human being idk. i love her so much though

i don't mind that she doesn't wear makeup and put on fancy clothes every day, she has no obligation to perform for us when she's not on a stage.... makes me think of how mean some of you can be too which really bothers me, i used to do a full face every day for years and was extremely insecure, and now i only put on makeup when it's a special occasion where i know i will be photographed, and it's not because i'm lazy (i'm not). learning to love my unaltered appearance was really hard but worth it, i think lana looks gorgeous without makeup and i would want to look like that any day. i'm happy that she's comfortable enough with herself to go out without anything on. at the end of the day that's how we all look and i feel like u guys forget that sometimes :/ obviously she looks a little different lately because she's always doing something w her face but honestly i don't care.. she can do what she wants and if she's happy with it then our opinion doesn't matter anyways, she should do things for herself and no one else. but it really is super disheartening to see so much criticism towards a bare face :( and don't even get me started on what u all say about her weight.... anyways i love her, and while i absolutely adore all of her looks that require more money and more effort, i really admire more that she goes out looking like herself. but yeah. margaret atwood was right. male fantasies, male fantasies...

thanks for this post. i wonder how many of these comments are coming from men who have no idea what it is like to be judged for not putting a mask on every day. lana is comfortable with herself and that's all i can hope for any woman. i think criticism of her laziness when it comes to promotion and her music is beyond fair--but she doesn't need to dress up for anyone if she doesn't want to. she doesn't owe us glamor when she's obviously so over it. 

let me be who i'm meant to be

People who say Video Games is her best music video ever have no personality whatsoever.

FJDJFX now seriously, in my opinion you can't compare a random homemade video like VD to something like Ride or National Anthem. And the money spent behind a music video has nothing to do with the quality of it (ex: white mustang), but I think you CAN'T prefer a bunch of random vintage footage over a music video that 1. looks good 2. has a whole plotline 3. follow an overall nice aesthetic. 

I miss her higher pitched voice that she uses on some of her unreleased songs (don't come for me I'm shit at describing things  :creep:

♡ I had a dream that I was fine, I wasn't crazy, I was divine ♡