Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

sounds mean to say but groupie love is such a pointless song in lana's discography and i don't know why so many fans really like it. sure, it's harmless and inoffensive, but it's just so utterly pointless. if it never existed her collection of songs wouldn't be any worse - in fact, it'd probably be better. if there's one thing i really hate it's lukewarm, middle-of-the-road, low-effort music from anybody and i think groupie love is an example of this.

White Mustang says hi

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

sounds mean to say but groupie love is such a pointless song in lana's discography and i don't know why so many fans really like it. sure, it's harmless and inoffensive, but it's just so utterly pointless. if it never existed her collection of songs wouldn't be any worse - in fact, it'd probably be better. if there's one thing i really hate it's lukewarm, middle-of-the-road, low-effort music from anybody and i think groupie love is an example of this.

White Mustang says hi

White Mustang >>> Groupie Love

At least White Mustang is nice to listen to, she's serving vocals on the bridge, and there's no annoying r*ppers anywhere near it. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

White Mustang >>> Groupie Love

At least White Mustang is nice to listen to, she's serving vocals on the bridge, and there's no annoying r*ppers anywhere near it. 

Both are terrible and unsubstantial. No need to make them compete on that dept.

I’m so pissed that Lana dumped the direction LFL seemed to be heading at the beginning of the era (my love takes you to moon or whatever) :/ I think that almost half of the songs from the album sound way more fitting to the aesthetics of NFR and the overall ’vibe’ that it has as an era. For example I can see 13 Beaches, Change and Tomorrow Never Came as songs which would have fitted with NFR tracklist as well. Like to me it feels like she just changed the concept for LFL so much and drifted into that ’casual cool introspective sad beach girl shit’ that NFR ended up being about.

Not sure if this is unpopular though or if the fandom has accepted it but to me LFL ended up an unfinished mess...

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

Lana Del Rey's skeletons in the closet may range, in part, to innuendo about military industrial complex connections and L.D.R.'s wealthy blood-line all the way to Lana's supposed PR spectacle disseminated through the meta-narratives of the Amerikan dreams.......

Born to Die is her best album, period 

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Everything after Honeymoon has really just felt like a phase. For example, if I want to listen to 'Lana Del Rey', with all of the inspiration and strong musical moments she has given me I will choose anything from BTD to Honeymoon.

I only listen to LFL when I feel like a "I want to escape" 2017 throwback, and only listen to NFR if I want to feel chill/content or just not feel at all :toofunny:

The LDR fad has cum and gone, and should be wiped from the spectators crucial, yet critical gaze. LDR is still Beholden to whatever Watcher's Staregaze happens to capture in a poparrazzi's flash...

her unreleased debut is waayyyyy much better than btd. i remember seeing criticisms about how in btd, she doesn't have much going besides her love for bad boys; you didn't really know what she herself was about. but in the unreleased debut, not only are the songs just better and talk about corny topics without the songs ending up being corny themselves (she made a song about liking gas stations endearing I-), but i got a good sense of who she was and what she is all about. also, her image then didn't feel like it came out of a man's fantasy (i feel like ima get dragged oh lordt i like her whole aesthetic during the btd era but this is how i feel as a woman myself pls don't come for me); she was just a regular being whilst also being a very interesting one. 

I was watching her IG video and it’s so alarming how different her face looks now. Idk why she ever thought to pump her face with filler after 2014. She doesn’t even look like herself anymore.

I said sometime ago that I was worried she would become the Courtney Cox of her generation. Now, maybe it's safe to say that she may have even trespassed Courtney's level of self-ruining. It breaks my heart to see how she looks now and how she used to only two or three years ago...

Everything after Honeymoon has really just felt like a phase. For example, if I want to listen to 'Lana Del Rey', with all of the inspiration and strong musical moments she has given me I will choose anything from BTD to Honeymoon.

I only listen to LFL when I feel like a "I want to escape" 2017 throwback, and only listen to NFR if I want to feel chill/content or just not feel at all :toofunny:

Exactly what I was thinking. For me Honeymoon was basically the last ‘cohesive’ era that we got and since the beginning of Lust for Life-era everything has just... You know moved on. Of course she has had different new themes and whatever since 2016 but to me LFL and NFR just happened back to back, sometimes we got new stuff and sometimes we didn’t. To me there just wasn’t specific ending of LFL and the beginning of NFR. Kinda like it, kinda don’t lmao.

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

Exactly what I was thinking. For me Honeymoon was basically the last ‘cohesive’ era that we got and since the beginning of Lust for Life-era everything has just... You know moved on. Of course she has had different new themes and whatever since 2016 but to me LFL and NFR just happened back to back, sometimes we got new stuff and sometimes we didn’t. To me there just wasn’t specific ending of LFL and the beginning of NFR. Kinda like it, kinda don’t lmao.

May I ask why you think honeymoon is cohesive