liam

Game of Thrones

Even 20 seconds before it ended, I was waiting for something very specific and kind of epic: Jon Snow goes beyond the Wall and Drogon appears, turned into a blue, dead, white walker dragon, since in the book White Walkers are born in a very cold place in the North or whatever. I was waiting for Drogon to fly there and in the last 10 seconds reappear as the dead dragon, and on his back the Night Queen, Daenerys but now dead. It would have been 10 times more epic than what we got, and it would be related to the "history repeats itself" phrase, but it would NOT save the disaster that was the finale.

They could’ve made f*cking BRAN turn around at the camera in the end with the night king’s eyes and it would’ve been lightyears better than this..

Speechless. 

This whole thing was not realistic. Tyrion commited a crime and his punishment was becoming Hand of the King. Jon commited a crime and got sent to Night Watch. Like???

And Drogon... why didn't he kill Jon? I mean, don't come at me with that "he was a Targaryen, we couldn't be killed with fire" cause Dany's brother died by fire (she gave him the "golden crown" he wanted). Unrealistic.

I still had hopes that in the end Drogon would come back and burn everyone to the ground but nope.

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

Speechless. 

This whole thing was not realistic. Tyrion commited a crime and his punishment was becoming Hand of the King. Jon commited a crime and got sent to Night Watch. Like???

And Drogon... why didn't he kill Jon? I mean, don't come at me with that "he was a Targaryen, we couldn't be killed with fire" cause Dany's brother died by fire (she gave him the "golden crown" he wanted). Unrealistic.

I still had hopes that in the end Drogon would come back and burn everyone to the ground but nope.

True @ the drogon part. I was expecting him to get one last close-up with Jon and then fly off without another word. I did NOT except him to take Dany with him. That part doesnt make sense. like he's a dragon, a reptile, not a cool loyal pet. Drogon had left Dany twice before so I didnt think hed have a problem leaving her for good. 

True @ the drogon part. I was expecting him to get one last close-up with Jon and then fly off without another word. I did NOT except him to take Dany with him. That part doesnt make sense. like he's a dragon, a reptile, not a cool loyal pet. Drogon had left Dany twice before so I didnt think hed have a problem leaving her for good. 

He had left her but not like that... 

I mean, he was always loyal to her. They had a connection and it was shown since the beginning. 

On that battle, I don't recall the name, but it was that one where the masters of Yunkai and that order started to fight and she was at the middle of it she never said a word to him and he went for her rescue. I think it was the first time she rode on him, I may be wrong on that part but yeah

He loved her, all of her dragons were like real sons to her. She never saw them as pets, she never saw them as her propriety. And they felt the same way about her

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

Okay so if you didn’t watch the episode please SKIP THIS POST

I gave you a warning, don’t say I didn’t.

The ending seemed to me, a little more cheesier than expected and I don’t expect the books to end nearly like this.

I think the most important thing is this:

Jon got what he wanted at the beginning; to be at the wall. That’s all he wanted and where he fit in most which didn’t seem to make him happy by the end. It seemed like what he did almost had no real meaning... only that Bran got the throne.

Sansa got what she wanted; to be a queen. She’s now ruling the North as Queen In The North and all she wanted was to marry Joffrey to become queen. It made sense to me but too happy of an ending.

Arya got to be what she wanted to be; a wanderer. Remember season 1, she would climb things, adventure and get herself into stuff she shouldn’t have

Bran got what he was wanting; honor. He wanted to be remembered. This way, he will be. He’ll have honor as a king.

Tyrion got to be the Hand of the King for a king who he could at least believe in

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

He had left her but not like that... 

I mean, he was always loyal to her. They had a connection and it was shown since the beginning. 

On that battle, I don't recall the name, but it was that one where the masters of Yunkai and that order started to fight and she was at the middle of it she never said a word to him and he went for her rescue. I think it was the first time she rode on him, I may be wrong on that part but yeah

He loved her, all of her dragons were like real sons to her. She never saw them as pets, she never saw them as her propriety. And they felt the same way about her

Agree, If I remember correctly Martin said once that Dragons were really loyal animals, that can create strong bonds with humans and they can be super sensitive to humans fears, sadness and loneliness.

To me at least it doesn't make any sense the whole Jon-Drogon interaction, if someone that I know for like a month killed my mother I would burn them to the bones, but oh well

8nl2OpX.png

Okay so if you didn’t watch the episode please SKIP THIS POST

I gave you a warning, don’t say I didn’t.

The ending seemed to me, a little more cheesier than expected and I don’t expect the books to end nearly like this.

I think the most important thing is this:

Jon got what he wanted at the beginning; to be at the wall. That’s all he wanted and where he fit in most which didn’t seem to make him happy by the end. It seemed like what he did almost had no real meaning... only that Bran got the throne.

Sansa got what she wanted; to be a queen. She’s now ruling the North as Queen In The North and all she wanted was to marry Joffrey to become queen. It made sense to me but too happy of an ending.

Arya got to be what she wanted to be; a wanderer. Remember season 1, she would climb things, adventure and get herself into stuff she shouldn’t have

Bran got what he was wanting; honor. He wanted to be remembered. This way, he will be. He’ll have honor as a king.

Tyrion got to be the Hand of the King for a king who he could at least believe in

Ok i like this. thanks for pointing this out. I can go on like this...

Agree, If I remember correctly Martin said once that Dragons were really loyal animals, that can create strong bonds with humans and they can be super sensitive to humans fears, sadness and loneliness.

To me at least it doesn't make any sense the whole Jon-Drogon interaction, if someone that I know for like a month killed my mother I would burn them to the bones, but oh well

Same. Drogon should have killed Jon, and it would've made sense since dragons killed a lot of Targaryens who tried to tame them in Old Valyria. But if the writers didn't want Drogon to kill Jon because he's a "Targaryen" then Grey Worm should have killed him. Grey Worm was literally killing lots of people who surrendered just because they pledged alliegence to Cersei, but didn't kill Jon who literally killed his QUEEN? I have to laugh.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

There’s prolly a better reason to this but I’ll try to explain plus I’m a bit crossfaded so I’m wanting to talk about this finale. When Jon first walked in, Drogon dropped his head almost as if he trusted him, which he did! I feel like Drogon felt the Targaryen blood in Jon, he knew who he was as much as Aemon Targaryen from the Wall, who also knew long before any of us did (which is why he treated Jon a little different than everyone else. He knew, somehow, maybe bc he was a maester but this is beside the point.) Dragons are loyal to as far as I know one person at a time. BUT because of who Jon (remember Dany’s conversations with Viserys, “You don’t wanna wake the dragon, etc”?) really was. Viserys wanted SO BAD to be the King and to be the one who carried the dragon-blood type thing they talked about at the beginning of the entire series (S1-S2) when Dany lived through fire and her dragons were born (speaking of in the books it was supposed to burn her hair and she was bald lol just something weird that didn’t happen in the series.)

It was almost like destiny. He became Queenslayer in a way and this time they actually COULD have justice for who slayed the queen. In a weird way, Drogon did what she set out to do, break the wheel. The Throne was now melted which was an interesting throwback to when Viserys died with molten gold poured over his head. A Targaryen and melting metal lol

Anyway refer back up to the my last post in this thread and see what I mean about destiny and how it played out. I didn’t really go into Dany’s bc I still haven’t figured it out for myself but it wasn’t always supposed to have a happy ending anyway.

And it goes back to you saying the dragons feel emotion. Maybe he felt the love between the two. Maybe he felt almost the joy she had seeing him and standing next to the throne. (Look back S2E10, she had a vision of the throne room completely destroyed). I think the blood thing & feelings they had for each other kept Drogon from killing Jon

Edit; (the blood & love for him, idk... now that I think about it again I feel wrong about that... let me say one more thing.)

I’ll have to rewatch the episode but they asked where Drogon was and they said he was spotted somewhere. Maybe he went to the wall to join Jon? Idk exactly where they said he was spotted at... :/

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Exactly! And you can see many times that, specially Drogon, Dany wouldn't say a word to her dragons and they sensed what she was feeling/wanting.

And she never treated them as propriety, like other people have. They all had a bond and to me it was really unrealistic that he only burned the throne. He could've burned both the throne and Jon. That way, it would be more believable.

Unless Drogon sensed that Jon would be like Dany and wouldn't be killed by fire. But that was never depicted nor explored so yeah. It sucks ass 

Same. Drogon should have killed Jon, and it would've made sense since dragons killed a lot of Targaryens who tried to tame them in Old Valyria. But if the writers didn't want Drogon to kill Jon because he's a "Targaryen" then Grey Worm should have killed him. Grey Worm was literally killing lots of people who surrendered just because they pledged alliegence to Cersei, but didn't kill Jon who literally killed his QUEEN? I have to laugh.

Couldn't agree more with you.

The whole things didn't make sense. But oh well, I'm glad it ended and Dany will always remain the true queen.

BTW; I feel at peace thinking about the possibility that a few months later, Drogon comes back and burns everyone to the ground to avenge the death of his mother.

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

Exactly! And you can see many times that, specially Drogon, Dany wouldn't say a word to her dragons and they sensed what she was feeling/wanting.

And she never treated them as propriety, like other people have. They all had a bond and to me it was really unrealistic that he only burned the throne. He could've burned both the throne and Jon. That way, it would be more believable.

Unless Drogon sensed that Jon would be like Dany and wouldn't be killed by fire. But that was never depicted nor explored so yeah. It sucks ass 

Exactly, and as far as I know the Targaryens were not the only family that used to ride dragons as far as I know, so at least to me the Targaryen Blood wouldn't mean a thing.

Also the Starks brothers splitting up right after the little shits were bugging poor Jon the entire season about "unity", and "family comes first", "we got to stay together", ugh I hated the episode with all my soul.

8nl2OpX.png

It was a very good ending, one where a lot of situations mirrored elements of the first episodes.

- The Iron Throne was forged by a dragon and is destroyed by one.
- Bran was the first victim of the series... but is now he ultimate winner.
- It was fitting that Dany was killed by Jon. They always were the two forces emerging in parallel that finally met and her death had to be by him.
- The first and last scenes of the series are the same: raiders going beyond the wall, except there is now hope where there was divide and destruction. Jon will be able to «rule» over the Northern population. And having another Targaryen on the throne when he murdered one would not have played in his favor if he had decided to become king. 

I'm surprised Drogon didn't kill Jon... but it looks as if he understood the throne had changed Dany. Plus he shared a sorta bond with Jon over the months and had a Targaryan lineage... 

there are also a shit ton of references to Lord of the Rings as well (the destruction of the throne by fire, which corrupts everyone, the Starks going their own way...). 

Drogon probably took Daenerys and went to find some red priest/ess to bring her back to life just so they could burn Kings Landing to the ground once again  :creep:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

i wish it just ended with an open end, like, a shocking twist at the end and then that’s that. this ending was so anticlimactic, like, this was the moment we’ve all been waiting for..

there were some grogeous shots this episode tho. that moment where it looked like dany had wings for a sec and then you saw drogon flying up, wheww

sig-cropped.png

The ending wasn't bad per se, but there has been a considerable decrease in quality and rhythm ever since the sixth season. 

The last truly epic scene in GOT was Olenna Tyrell's death (which happened in the beginning of the seventh), and this whole eights season was the most anticlimactic and badly written season I've ever seen. Years of prophecies, world-building, creating tension among characters, to have

1. Cersei killed by a rock
  2. Dany burn a city to the ground
  3. Tyrion pulling a Tati Westbrook on Dany real fake because she'd killed his brother

what?

We got NO explanation for the White Walkers, Azor Ahai, the Valonqar prophecy, the Lord of Light, Melisandre, like what the actual fuck? Are you fucking kidding me? Is this some Lost type shit? Like genuinely the best subplots in the entire show just... brushed off?

As for the ending, I'm not really bitter that Bran was king, although I do feel like his character was fucking useless. The only thing he EVER did was confirm (because we already knew it) that Jon is a Targaryen. He was of NO HELP whatsoever. I'm glad Sansa gets to be the queen of the North because she deserves it, but idk.

Like this ending lacked closure. By a lot. I don't know if yall have seen The Americans, and I'm not gonna spoil the ending for yall, but it's truly the perfect ending and how every tv show should end. Realistic, with tension, build up, and closure. 

The only time this episode had any of this is when Dany was killed, and it was very poorly handled imo. The shots were beautiful tho and I liked it 

Overall, a very bad ending to a tv show that was literally the most talked about tv show in the world for some years straight. I mean I'm not a fan and I'm not really touched by it, but it's kinda sad to see a relatively decent franchise go to waste. Well

edit: I know the Valonqar prophecy can be partially explained by Margaery and I do feel like she's the woman in the prophecy, but Cersei should've had a proper ending. Like, again, no closure, and she was probably the one people had been looking forward to seeing dead the most. If this sentence makes sense in english (probably doesn't)

Arya being able to swap faces had literally no impact at all on this season, I expected it to become a thing, but it just didn’t...

Also they’re already filming a spin off about the white walkers which is set 5000 years before GoT, they’re gonna Milk this, but tbh I’ll be watching

sig-cropped.png