Sign in to follow this  
gmcoleman94

Aaron LaCrate to release Scarface

smh at the ridiculous way this was handled. He was being an asshole yes but y'all didn't need to act the way you acted. It is a song, calm down, dears.

tumblr_moza5y59Ri1r09ldbo1_400.png ~ataraxia~

Yeah, thought so...what other producers have posted stuff? Just him, the Nexus, Blockhead (before any leaks but 'Daddy Issues'), Ben himself (not really a producer, but still counts), and Dan Heath? 

DaftDog posted dangerous girl on Soundcloud and Jim Irvin (?) that posted Hit It & Run that evil recently posted

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

DaftDog posted dangerous girl on Soundcloud and Jim Irvin (?) that posted Hit It & Run that evil recently posted

That's right, thanks. Not sure, but wasn't it some other guy besides Irvin? I think he works with Icona Pop too. 

Is LITM mad at Aaron for saying he's gonna leak it truthfully, or for saying he's gonna leak it sarcastically? 

Can't wrap my head around this. 

:oprah2: 

i don't agree w/ everything that was said or done but no one here is anyone's parent. at the end of the day we are free acting individuals, no need to chastise like a disappointed mom or act holier than thou when I know some of you have acted similar on twitter before.  i do think aaron knew what he was doing but didn't have an intention of leaking it. and that's fine, but of course people are disappointed/annoyed. some things people were saying were too far, but I hope aaron doesn't h8 all ldr fans cos daddy issues is the best (hell yes).

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

Is LITM mad at Aaron for saying he's gonna leak it truthfully, or for saying he's gonna leak it sarcastically? 

Can't wrap my head around this. 

:oprah2: 

mad for saying he was going to leak it, teasing the fans, then decided not to and said "forget lana del rey"

tumblr_moza5y59Ri1r09ldbo1_400.png ~ataraxia~

all people, regardless of age will still have the propensity to act out when someone blatantly fucks with their emotions

Who was fucking with whose emotions? Aaron LaCrate, by being a dork on Twitter and people taking the bait, was fucking with said people’s emotions? I don’t really know what to say if what he did is considered fucking with people’s emotions. That sounds histrionic to me, but hey, we all have vastly different reality tunnels, and we can't dictate to each other what is and isn't a suitable reaction. I would try to put yesterday’s incident in perspective though, and examine how a big portion of this fan base gets when a leak is on the horizon. It seems to me that this isn't even about the music anymore, and that it hasn't been for a while now, but rather more about an obsession with a celebrity. If you sincerely think that this guy was fucking with our emotions, i would maybe spend more time away from the internet. I don’t mean that in a patronizing way at all, as i often give myself this same piece of advice.  

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

Who was fucking with whose emotions? Aaron LaCrate, by being a dork on Twitter and people taking the bait, was fucking with said people’s emotions? I don’t really know what to say if what he did is considered fucking with people’s emotions. That sounds histrionic to me, but hey, we all have vastly different reality tunnels, and we can't dictate to each other what is and isn't a suitable reaction. I would try to put yesterday’s incident in perspective though, and examine how a big portion of this fan base gets when a leak is on the horizon. It seems to me that this isn't even about the music anymore, and that it hasn't been for a while now, but rather more about an obsession with a public figure and their persona. If you sincerely think that this guy was fucking with our emotions, i would maybe spend more time away from the internet. I don’t mean that in a patronizing way at all, as i often give myself this same piece of advice.  

'emotions', being an umbrella term with a vast spectrum of effect ... i mean, you sound pretty emotional about this yourself, so one could even argue that he's ultimately fucked with yours as well. if he hadn't been starved for attention, you wouldn't be feeling ashamed or embarrassed or whatever it is thats filling you up at the moment. if you deconstruct my initial statement, you'll see that its actually not quite as heavy or existential as you've made it out to be. 

how do you feel when a new song leaks? happy? excited? thankful? whatever you feel, i'm going to assume that its positive and potentially lasting, depending on the quality of the track. so when someone blatantly teases a particular fan base with the possibility of a leak, its obviously because he enjoys playing games. he's somehow able to derive some kind of positive emotion simply by denying a group of people something they wish to possess. and yet we're in the wrong for reacting with negativity? i don't personally think so. this whole situation is childish and fucked, and it was orchestrated solely by him. if someone dangles a $100 bill in front of my face, only to pull away when he sees the gleam in my eyes -- he's fucking with my emotions on some level; hormonal, physiological, mental, whatever the fuck. yea, its just a song, but it doesn't change the fact that i could never see myself doing this kind of thing to even one person, let alone hundreds. there's a big difference between being a dork and being a dick. 

aaron lactate is obviously a no talent piece of shit, and he deserves to know it. if he had a modicum of professionalism or self respect, he wouldn't be resorting to pathetic little ploys to gain attention. he'd get it just by being good at what he does.

there is no 'suitable' way to react to this situation, because this situation is not suitable in any way to begin with. 

ZRBNill.jpg

Don't hold your breath.   :usrs:

Haha, I'm not. Nothing comes out of leak parties, they're pointless. I was just suggesting that might have been why Cola posted that it looks like were gonna get it. :)

I considered quoting all the disgusting posts in this thread, but there's a quote limit. So I'll focus instead on those defending this behavior:

I know it wasn't the best behaviour but seriously some people are acting as if crimes have been committed? "look at your shitty, childish behavior" 

This is a complete strawman. No one's acting as if crimes have been committed. (Although some of you were advocating crimes being committed. I don't think that should even be joked about given the history of this fanbase.) I'm acting as if shitty, childish behavior occurred that made me ashamed to be associated with this fanbase or this forum. Which is what happened.

Sorry Mum..?  :facepalm:

i don't agree w/ everything that was said or done but no one here is anyone's parent. at the end of the day we are free acting individuals, no need to chastise like a disappointed mom or act holier than thou when I know some of you have acted similar on twitter before.

What a terrible, dismissive argument: That calling someone out on their bullshit is somehow being a "parent". A friend isn't being a good friend to you if they don't tell you when you have dirt on your face. And I don't think it's being "holier than thou" to expect a very minimal level of decency.

From the beginning, I doubted whether Aaron LaCrate really intended to post the song. He has a history of toying with Lana fans. But we'll never know. It would be one thing if he had reneged on his promise to post the song after being politely asked by a large number of fans, and if people started giving him shit after a reasonable amount of time, like maybe 24 hours. But that's not what happened here. People were so fucking impatient. They harassed him almost immediately. Frankly, I find it frightening the lengths some of you will go for Lana content. And that's saying something coming from a sleuth like me. As I said in my MotW:

the tumblr fuckery and all this anger and jealousy and entitlement and shaming and bullshit about who's leaking what or who's hoarding what is just fucking childish. Again, there's more to life than Lana or the forum.

And for what it's worth, I called out Mr. LaCrate on Twitter too lest I be accused of being completely one-sided here. However, to borrow a Biblical metaphor here, I believe in removing the plank in your own eye (and your own community's eyes) before removing specks of dust from others' eyes.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Just people harassing Aaron LaCrate on Twitter, and said people drawing criticism from fellow members here, and the criticism from said fellow members is criticized from other members for being too dramatic and not warranted given the hypocrisy and holier-than-thou attitudes, and lastly evil's expert meta-analysis, or rather, criticism of the criticism of the criticism. It's all very ridiculous. Maybe someone will criticize this post of mine! 

:creep: 

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…