Sitar

Lorde

Ok guys. 

I was scrolling on TikTok and I saw a lot of girlies saying that Solar Power was slept on and misunderstood and that the album clicked for them recently. I was like ''Ok let's try this again then'' and to my surprise it finally clicked for me too. It's such a SPRING album. I live in Canada where we had a pretty rough and cold winter and we also had a lot of strict COVID measures. Now the sun is back, it's getting warmer, COVID-19 is less crazy, and the album makes SO MUCH MORE SENSE. 

I was walking during a specially beautiful and warm day and it smelled like spring for the first time and the album was the perfect soundtrack for this new beginning! I sound kind of crazy but like, the album is about hope, about finding your way back, about reconnecting with your surroundings, and sonically I feel like it matches these feelings perfectly. The sun was shining and the heat was comforting for the first time in a while and the album really really matched the energy for me. It's far from a perfect album but I understand it and accept it way more than last year when I was like super duper pissed about it and didn't connect with any of it. 

I think the album is especially strong from The Path through Secrets from a girl. Also love Mood Ring and Oceanic Feeling and Hold No Grudge.

SO YEAH, thanks for coming to my TED talk and let me know if any of you had the same epiphany lol!!!!

so I turn but I learn not to turn into a wildfire 

to light up your night 

with only a smile and nothing that burns

jA3GJUb.gif

On 3/30/2022 at 1:25 PM, imyourman said:

Ok guys. 

I was scrolling on TikTok and I saw a lot of girlies saying that Solar Power was slept on and misunderstood and that the album clicked for them recently. I was like ''Ok let's try this again then'' and to my surprise it finally clicked for me too. It's such a SPRING album. I live in Canada where we had a pretty rough and cold winter and we also had a lot of strict COVID measures. Now the sun is back, it's getting warmer, COVID-19 is less crazy, and the album makes SO MUCH MORE SENSE. 

I was walking during a specially beautiful and warm day and it smelled like spring for the first time and the album was the perfect soundtrack for this new beginning! I sound kind of crazy but like, the album is about hope, about finding your way back, about reconnecting with your surroundings, and sonically I feel like it matches these feelings perfectly. The sun was shining and the heat was comforting for the first time in a while and the album really really matched the energy for me. It's far from a perfect album but I understand it and accept it way more than last year when I was like super duper pissed about it and didn't connect with any of it. 

I think the album is especially strong from The Path through Secrets from a girl. Also love Mood Ring and Oceanic Feeling and Hold No Grudge.

SO YEAH, thanks for coming to my TED talk and let me know if any of you had the same epiphany lol!!!!

same! i didn't listen too much after the album released but now that it's basically springtime for a lot of us, it's finally clicking. SP still can't top PH or Melo, but it's a really cute and solid album perfect for summer.

and she just started tour & seeing the songs live actually makes them better for me. almost 2 weeks till my show. :flutter:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

33 minutes ago, xcxc said:

What's the setlist?!

Act I

Leader of a New Regime

Homemade Dynamite

Buzzcut Season

Stoned at the Nail Salon

Fallen Fruit

Act II

The Path

California

Ribs

Hard Feelings

Dominoes

Loveless

Liability

Secrets From a Girl (Who’s Seen It All)

Act III

Mood Ring

Sober

Supercut

Perfect Places

Solar Power

Green Light

Oceanic Feeling

Encore:

Royals

Hold No Grudge

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

37 minutes ago, TextBook said:

Act I

Leader of a New Regime

Homemade Dynamite

Buzzcut Season

Stoned at the Nail Salon

Fallen Fruit

Act II

The Path

California

Ribs

Hard Feelings

Dominoes

Loveless

Liability

Act III

Mood Ring

Sober

Supercut

Perfect Places

Solar Power

Green Light

Oceanic Feeling

Encore:

Royals

Hold No Grudge

Wow I wish I was a millionaire so I could afford to hear a show like this 

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

setlist is fantastic– stage design gorgeous too!– and i regret not going to the nashville show last night...still, saw her on melodrama tour so can't really complain but i would have LOVED to hear oceanic feeling live.

aOaIzH2.gif

57 minutes ago, TextBook said:

Millionaire? Were the US dates expensive?

Her tickets in the US are outrageous for no reason. My Lana tickets were cheaper than Lorde in 2018 :true:

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

3 hours ago, TextBook said:

Act I

Leader of a New Regime

Homemade Dynamite

Buzzcut Season

Stoned at the Nail Salon

Fallen Fruit

Act II

The Path

California

Ribs

Hard Feelings

Dominoes

Loveless

Liability

Act III

Mood Ring

Sober

Supercut

Perfect Places

Solar Power

Green Light

Oceanic Feeling

Encore:

Royals

Hold No Grudge

this is such a brilliant set list... oh god

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

Ugh omfg so I went to her show in SF yesterday while rolling lol and it was absolutely amazing I’m sorry it was probably the best concert I have EVER been to, she had the PERFECT set list for me. I definitely have a new appreciation for SP the album, especially Fallen Fruit, California, and the Path. She sang The Louvre and 400 Lux :crai: I was smiling SO HARD during the Lovure’s outro ugh omg my partner and I were literally too mesmerized to even jump with the audience, but hearing the audience singing along and having fun was such an experience for me, I will think about this concert for the longest time and look back at it with such fondness and joy <3

sgopYhV.gif

Did anyone get to listening to the te reo Maori version of Solar Power? I kind of disregarded for it a while but in light of AAPI month and being half Pacific Islander, I decided to take a listen to it and I actually really enjoyed it. I feel like the way she sings and the lyrics themselves are much better than the English version. Stoned at the Nail Salon is less edgy and translated to "blurry eyed", the Path lyrics actually make sense ("Arm in a cast at the museum gala / Fork in my purse to take home to my mother / Supermodels all dancing 'round a pharaoh's tomb" is changed to "The kings of Egypt are being desecrated In the chamber of treasures in New York City Have we lost our way, my friends?" and it just adds more depth to the songs, Oceanic Feeling and Fallen Fruit are absolutely beautiful with clear traditional Maori influences, and makes me wonder if Maori music had an influence in the regular album as a whole. I definitely appreciate the album listening to it through these lenses. Being Pacific Islander myself and having Austronesian blood, it just gives me an ancestral feeling that's a bit hard for me to explain..I know there were some complaints about tokenism and white saviorism, but from what I gather a lot of Maori people seem to appreciate it. I'd really suggest you all give it a listen and read the lyrics if you're interested! I do think some of the production has been improved as well.

sgopYhV.gif