Sitar

Lorde

On 12/15/2021 at 6:56 PM, urgirl said:

Enough! Pure heroine is her most timeless album!  

tbh i would argue her most timeless album is melodrama 

like it will just…never get old

melodrama you will ALWAYS be famous..

9 minutes ago, brandon said:

tbh i would argue her most timeless album is melodrama 

like it will just…never get old

melodrama you will ALWAYS be famous..

green light alone ended peoples careers and fed starving people

there’s still 10 other tracks on that magnificent album

Spoiler

solar power stole the food that melodrama gave to said starving people meanwhile

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

31 minutes ago, comeintomybedroom said:

I've really enjoyed Solar Power since its release. The only songs I think are boring are Big Star and sometimes Oceanic Feeling

I'm so confused with this album because the songs I like, I really really like them, but those I don't enjoy much, they just won't grow on me :noparty: I still enjoy The Path, Mood Ring, Helen of Troy, Fallen Fruit and Hold No Grudge just as much as day 1, even more, but all the rest, maybe except for Stoned, just don't click.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

1 minute ago, daphnedinkley said:

its so interesting looking back on the earlier pages of this thread and seeing how people HATED Green Light when it was first released :thumb2:

i honestly think something similar is gonna happen to solar power

Spoiler

even if i myself am not really partial to it right now :bebe:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

4 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i honestly think something similar is gonna happen to solar power

Reveal hidden contents

even if i myself am not really partial to it right now :bebe:

i must say im not the craziest SP fan, but somehow i feel like when the next Lorde record drops people will be like "ugh.... yawn. give us cute y2k vibes like Mood Ring and The Path pls, that was when she peaked!!! :smokes:" its just the cycle of an artist's life :thumb3:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

2 hours ago, Cherry Blossom said:

i honestly haven’t bothered to listen since release week. Pure Heroine will always be my favourite. maybe the other albums will become more significant to me as i grow older and experience what she’s singing about

How old are you, exactly?

7 hours ago, Voignamir said:

THE HUNGER GAMES SOUNDTRACK IS DOWN ON SPOTIFY :cryney: LADDER SONG IS GONE :cryney::cryney::cryney: (and all my love too)

:rip: At least Yellow Flicker Beat is still there, thank god 

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

Some months have now passed and Solar Album is not that bad imo. Can't wait to fully enjoy in the summer tho, when the sun is shining. The title track is still the worst song. It's... bad. 

Dominoes is not that great ither. Not to me, because I can never remember what I sound like..:creep:. Other than that: like I said, not that bad after all.

The Path is SO good, Fallen Fruit too (except that fucking beeping :toofunny:), Big Star, California, Stoned as well and Mood Ring still SLAPS. I enjoy Ocean Feeling quite a bit too.

I'm glad that the bonus tracks was released onto streaming at last, btw.

Oh and I still hate the cover for the album with a passion lol.

Melodrama is obviously unbothered, as always. :smokes:

Beskrivning saknas.

3 minutes ago, 13beachess said:

Some months have now passed and Solar Album is not that bad. Can't wait to fully enjoy in the summer tho, when the sun is shining. The title track is still the worst song. It's... bad. 

Dominoes is not that great ither. Not to me, because I can never remember what I sound like..:creep:. Other than that: like I said, not that bad after all.

The Path is SO good, Fallen Fruit too (except that fucking beeping :toofunny:), Big Star, California, Stoned as well and Mood Ring still SLAPS. I enjoy Ocean Feeling quite a bit too.

I'm glad that the bonus tracks was released onto streaming at last, btw.

Melodrama is obviously unbothered, as always. :smokes:

Love dominoes! Always in my head I’m like “I heard, that you were doing yoooga, with uma thermans mother, just outside of Woodstock!”

1 minute ago, lanabanana11 said:

Love dominoes! Always in my head I’m like “I heard, that you were doing yoooga, with uma thermans mother, just outside of Woodstock!”

I want to enjoy it. I guess I need to listen to it more, so I can actually remember the lyrics and melody already lol! I'd think it'd be a grower for me, just as the rest of the tracks. (Except for SP that is, ugh.)

3 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i still haven't heard the entire album yet :bebe:

i even bought the music box and some shirts but i haven't been able to convince myself to sit down and listen to it

Well, if you waited this long, mayyybe you should wait a few months more, just to get a better... experience with it. It just doesn't hit as much as it does when it's warm/hot and sunny outside.

Beskrivning saknas.

Ugh I don't return to this album as often as her other two, but wow The Path and Mood Ring are discography highlights. I adore them so much. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde