pinupgirls

American Horror Story

On 11/4/2022 at 6:48 AM, Flowerbomb said:

I finished watching AHS: Cult a few days ago and it was better than I remembered? I think the reason I didn't like it so much the first time around was because it got released around a more politically heated year so it was almost draining to watch? I have to say though, Kai Anderson is probably Evan Peters' best character he's ever played in the show. His character had so many levels and I was fully enticed to his shenanigans. Amazing performances all around tbh.

ALSO, I remember being really cringed at the script of Cult last time, but this time it was actually hilarious when you realize it was meant to be satirical (like with Ally being a typical granola munching liberal and Kai a red pilled incel). It makes the season even better and exposes the toxic traits of both leftists and far rights.

I haven't watched a new season since after 1984 and idk if I can be bothered. I heard the quality has decreased significantly. Is this true?

The last good season imo and definitely better on second watch. I agree at the time it came out we were all politically-exhausted, and not that it ever stopped, but yeah, we can laugh now :toofunny: 

8 hours ago, weinendersoldat said:

i havent bothered to watch anything past cult.

the season with jessica lange will forever be the best.

ur not missing out much tbh :ohno: i think the best season after cult was 1984 and while it had its issues, im a sucker for retro themes!

10 minutes ago, mrborntolose said:

so was NYC good? just wondering if i should even bother at this point.

it was a real mixed bag...overall i'd say not good. i thought it was a metaphor for AIDS epidemic but then it turned out to actually address the epidemic very head on in the final two eps (which i appreciated). but not a very engaging or fun season (then again, as i've mentioned, i like the stupider, hyper-campy seasons).

aOaIzH2.gif

23 hours ago, rightofjupiter said:

it was a real mixed bag...overall i'd say not good. i thought it was a metaphor for AIDS epidemic but then it turned out to actually address the epidemic very head on in the final two eps (which i appreciated). but not a very engaging or fun season (then again, as i've mentioned, i like the stupider, hyper-campy seasons).

i think i’ll just not waste my time :agree: i think my AHS days are officially done

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

On 11/21/2022 at 6:00 AM, clementines said:

PREACH Cult is one of my favorite seasons 

If u want to get back into AHS the only new season I would recommend (i haven’t seen NYC) is the first half of double feature, that was some good shit even tho they fumbled the ending.

Yess I ended up watching the first half of Double Feature a week ago and I really liked it? Like the whole winter beach setting was so nice and it had an interesting backstory. I wish it turned out better because it felt very rushed but it was great and it did remind me of the older seasons :delicious:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven