pinupgirls

American Horror Story

I'm falling out of love with the show. The tone is just not what it used to be. Roanoke had the darkness of Murder House and Asylum, but Cult was mostly terrible and I don't have high hopes for Apocalypse after the premiere like I've had for basically every premiere

BzhmW.png

the humorous tone is ANNOYING... it is the freaking APOCOLYPSE... why do they use comedy in it, it isn't good anymore. its like it should be on Comedy Central.... 

I feel like they should have stuck to the more serious vibe of Asylum etc for this season and maybe waited for the Coven characters' arrival to start pulling the humor tones in from that season's vibe instead of immediately being humorous during an in-universe tragedy, but idk  :hooker:

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

I feel like they should have stuck to the more serious vibe of Asylum etc for this season and maybe waited for the Coven characters' arrival to start pulling the humor tones in from that season's vibe instead of immediately being humorous during an in-universe tragedy, but idk  :hooker:

YES THIS^^^^^^ Ryan Murphy is screwing this iconic show all up; I am so disappointed by the way the fallout was depicted... truly not good... its unfortunate tbh

Well the humorous tone is supposed to go away after a few episodes. Also the first episode is a set up & the second is supposed to be insane!

Well the humorous tone is supposed to go away after a few episodes. Also the first episode is a set up & the second is supposed to be insane!

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

We will see how this season continues. Honestly I’m not expecting much. It’s just really disappointing. Over the years it just gets progressively worse and worse. The comic relief/ humor is overkill and almost makes it a caricature of what the original show was! Like it’s a satire, no thanks. I’m not here to watch Scary Movie 10, I’m here to watch American H O R R O R Story. It’s just everything is so overdramatized, camped out, and playful pop culture references. It doesn’t have that mystery, that eeriness, or creepiness that it used to have. The spark and bite that was there is gone and it has just been so overplayed and washed out.

That’s just my opinion though.

Okay my download finished and I just finished watching it, that was so meh. They could've made the nuclear bomb disaster way more dramatic and yeah it's not scary at all. Maybe the MH and Coven characters could save this but why am I getting a feeling that they'll just be a very minor part of the season?

I really hope this season isn’t like Cult where there’s constant “comedic relief”. Leslie Grossman and Billie Eichner’s acting annoys me so much. I don’t mind campyness, but it’s just too much. I want Coven type campyness, or minimal comedic relief like in Roanoke where the season was serious but they had the “Are you familliar with the term gay for pay” thing.

This season has all the potential to be the best season, I really don’t want them to fuck this up.

qfrWuBl.png

I really hope this season isn’t like Cult where there’s constant “comedic relief”. Leslie Grossman and Billie Eichner’s acting annoys me so much.

This season has all the potential to be the best season, I really don’t want them to fuck this up.

Yes, yes, yes!