sweetlana

Lana Del Rey Interviewed By Electronics Beats Magazine

I really like the very intelligent comments made by evil entity, monicker and others, You are very articulate. Your views are brilliant, It is indeed a very entertaining read. But what if the object of your critisism gets tired of being accused of all kinds of  lies.  What if Lana stops making music.

she doesn't even take care of the fucking pony as you can see in summer wine.....

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I really like the very intelligent comments made by evil entity, monicker and others, You are very articulate. Your views are brilliant, It is indeed a very entertaining read. But what if the object of your critisism gets tired of being accused of all kinds of  lies.  What if Lana stops making music.

she loves the limelight too much to do such thing LOL. Lana wanst discover overnight you know? people seem to forget that. She tried several paths and formulas to get where she is now. Changed her name, hair, style, productions e etc to get to the place she is. Dont be naive to think that even the hardest criticisms in Lanas mind are better that being ignored than not being heard

glgcDdT.gif

she loves the limelight too much to do such thing LOL. Lana wanst discover overnight you know? people seem to forget that. She tried several paths and formulas to get where she is now. Changed her name, hair, style, productions e etc to get to the place she is. Dont be naive to think that even the hardest criticisms in Lanas mind are better that being ignored than not being heard

Many who'd relentlessly pursued fame and success at one point in their lives ended up regretting it later on for a variety of reasons, or handling it badly (or not at all). Lana - heavens forbid - certainly wouldn't be the first to have a change of heart after having achieved what she'd always wanted and finding out that it wasn't quite the paradise she'd been hoping for. You know that expression, "careful what you wish for"?

My point being: while I feel inclined to agree with the general idea of your post, that's a far too assertive statement about someone you don't know personally (I assume; if that's not the case, feel free to completely ignore this).

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

Many who'd relentlessly pursued fame and success at one point in their lives ended up regretting it later on for a variety of reasons, or handling it badly (or not at all). Lana - heavens forbid - certainly wouldn't be the first to have a change of heart after having achieved what she'd always wanted and finding out that it wasn't quite the paradise she'd been hoping for. You know that expression, "careful what you wish for"?

My point being: while I feel inclined to agree with the general idea of your post, that's a far too assertive statement about someone you don't know personally (I assume; if that's not the case, feel free to completely ignore this).

I thought I didnt need to mention in every post I amke that what I write (save when I quote an artcle or book)  is (obviously) my opinion about the subject or person in question. Since (obviously) I dont know her. Just like your statement is obviously your opinion. I usually use a lot of IMO and maybe in my sentences but in this particular post you mentioned apparently my maybes and IMOs were having the afternoon off. 

Again IMO maybe all this "hate"towards US is a form, an effective one by the way, of marketing. Think about it. This act of " underrated, unfairly criticized artist" created a special interest around her. Specially where? France, England and Germany? South America? Asia? Funny isn't? So maybe just maybe she is using US not the other way around. Just maybe. Me, myself and me don't belive for a second she is not going to release another album, she will stop touring or is never ever going to make a tour in US. But that is just me LOL

glgcDdT.gif

I thought I didnt need to mention in every post I amke that what I write (save when I quote an artcle or book)  is (obviously) my opinion about the subject or person in question. Since (obviously) I dont know her. Just like your statement is obviously your opinion. I usually use a lot of IMO and maybe in my sentences but in this particular post you mentioned apparently my maybes and IMOs were having the afternoon off. 

Of course it's an opinion, I never thought or said otherwise. I merely commented on the fact that it was a particularly empathic one given the reasons I previously mentioned - especially as a response to someone who was also, I believe, expressing his / her own opinion.

So that was basically my opinion on yours on someone else's.

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

As long as Lana keeps writing and recording great music, I'm happy.  I can't believe some of the things I've read in this thread; it's like a few members forgot Lana is the very same gal who recorded as May Jailer with a southern accent.  She sings with a strong New York accent on many songs, yet when she talks I've heard it disappear.  She doesn't mind playing a role, plus she has always been a little testy when interviewers skew towards her personal life, especially her past.  Her idols are Kurt Cobain and Jim Morrison; think about that for a second...

I don't care if she is the sweetest girl or the biggest bitch on the planet, I just love her music.  I also want to see her in concert in America, and she needs fans here to book concerts.  I think if we love her for her singing and songwriting, she will love us back for it and book some concerts around the country.  We don't want her to think her fans are so shallow they would dump her because she caught an interview with someone who wanted to concentrate on everything imaginable except for her amazingly successful European tour, huge album sales, and writing the words and music that made it all possible.  Instead, the interviewer provoked her with questions about patriotism, politics, feminism, and her personal life.  Lana responded to her with what seemed to be mostly a barrage of bullshit.  Fine with me.

"Saying I came from billions of dollars is crazy. We never had any money." I think it's telling that she moves the goalposts from millions to billions mid-interview, because I think she knows her dad probably is worth a couple million. No one ever said she came from billions of dollars, although she certainly did rub elbows with her dad's business contacts who were billionaires.

Perhaps she's just a normal American whose limits of her language are the limits of her world and dgafs about those semantics :derpna:

That's all :runs:

:oprah2:

I don't really know what to say. This reminds me so much of the times I seriously piss people off and I have no idea why. But yeah, maybe I'm just projecting and this isn't about me and I should just keep my mouth shut and listen and learn for awhile.

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

I think Lana is just so fucking sick of all the bullshit and some of her answers were just normal reactions since she probably cannot stand all of the crap she had to go trough. Lana should have been one of those little indie artists everyone likes but nobody really knows them, who make music for pure reason of making music but instead cuz she is a fucking goddess she exploded worldwide and them jealous pressed cunts cant handle her :whatever:

You go Lana, you the baddest bitch out there and I love you :kiss:

tumblr_n41haaq1bO1rmh67ro1_250.jpg  tumblr_n41haaq1bO1rmh67ro2_250.jpg

My worst fears coming alive. . .

I see this comment come up a lot on the boards. We all know this iconic quote from Lizzy herself.

You don’t feel you have a group of people in music who you necessarily connect to—a scene, let’s say, or a group of peers? What you talk about publicly and in interviews—say, listening to the The Doors or Dylan—it all seems “normal”. But I think what you do is not normal, actually.

Well, I thought so, too. I thought my tastes and likes were pretty normal, but then I met everyone and I was like, “These people don’t actually care about music and art. They want to be cool.” I never met anyone who cared about music as deeply as me and my boyfriend, or who really cared about poetry—who really lived it and breathed it. I haven’t met anyone so far. I just can’t affiliate with those people.

Source: http://www.electronicbeats.net/en/features/interviews/lana-del-rey-interview/sthash.KDMlvbn1.dpuf

Personally I find this her most arrogant comment, and find it quite offensive.  

What are your thoughts?

Barrie is just so passionate that he left his band for a girl. 

tumblr_mucs0g8rNl1skf1lro1_250.gif

I think a lot more has been made of it than is warranted. So she's never found anyone so far to go down the rabbit hole of poetry and music with her to the extent Barrie has. I don't think she's trying to describe everyone else on the planet.

Maybe she's a little defensive about her preference to listen to the "masters of every genre." She's probably been accused of trying to impress by name-dropping the "greats" (like, even before LanaBoards got wind of it) and is like, "No, I'm not trying to be cool. I know other people who are trying to be cool, but that's not what we're doing." Rather, she learns by immersing herself in her study of the "masters." That's what I get from her comments anyway (in this interview and elsewhere).

I could be way off base about her true intent, but I think there's a valid way to interpret her comments as less offensive. I think it can be funny to deliberately take what she said to the next level. But when the exaggerated version is repeated more often than the actual statements, I feel like her speech is being misrepresented. (So thanks, Pin Up Paradise, for posting the actual quote in context.)

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png