Sign in to follow this  
FROGGO

Lana Retweeting Some Questionable Shit

This doesn't surprise me at all. Cmon we all know lana del rey is fucked up, speaking normally about prostitution, sex with underage girls and having affairs with married men when all that stuff is completely unmoral and disgusting. Only freaks do that.

Leave the prostitutes alone they work hard for their cash.

i don't get the whole "dark humor" thing tbh. i highly doubt half of lana's lyrics are just meant sarcastically. she's into calling her older boyfriends daddy and she likes the book lolita and references it. big deal.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

i don't get the whole "dark humor" thing tbh. i highly doubt half of lana's lyrics are just meant sarcastically. she's into calling her older boyfriends daddy and she likes the book lolita and references it. big deal.

I think the "dark humour" thing is re: the retweet, since it's so fucking idiotic; Lana being and liking all those things doesn't make her pro-anything, she's not a walking manifesto.

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

This.

I think it's just part of her writing-style and you like it or you don't. I get that it might bug people, but to go all 'Owmahgawd OLD DUDES' is just  :lanasrs:

A retweet is neither a denial or affirmation. But it does make one wonder what to think, and it's interesting that the person who originally tweeted about LDR (or was it his friend that blogged about it?) ultimately puts positive spin on LDR's retweet. 

"Lolita" by Nabokov is an important work in LDR's mind, so many have said, so in order to understand her I read the book a few months ago. I still don't know if Nabokov was ever accused of being pro-pedophilia for having written that book. Without giving away plot details, the Lolita character does seem to be more mature than her years and seems aware and manipulative of the pedophile's character. I'd really like to know when LDR read the book, but I'm guessing it may have been after her "boarding-school" days, and perhaps her experiences there are why the book resonated with her. Not trying to over-analyze her (but what else am I supposed to do here?).

Then there is "Lolita", her song. Having reviewed the lyrics (by listening and with directlyrics, I bought Lolita as an MP3), the song's perspective is of a younger *girl* who obviously has a strong effect on *boys* her own age, which implies to me that she's not a girl but a woman at this point. "Off to the Races" I do have the lyrics to. There is an obvious shout out to Nabokov ("light of my life, fire of my loins"), but the rest of the song also seems to be about a younger *woman* (with a Las Vegas past), not an under-aged kid.  Are there songs from AKA more dubious than these? Maybe, but I'd hardly say the Lolita thing with her strongly suggests under-aged sex.

A retweet is neither a denial or affirmation. But it does make one wonder what to think, and it's interesting that the person who originally tweeted about LDR (or was it his friend that blogged about it?) ultimately puts positive spin on LDR's retweet. 

"Lolita" by Nabokov is an important work in LDR's mind, so many have said, so in order to understand her I read the book a few months ago. I still don't know if Nabokov was ever accused of being pro-pedophilia for having written that book. Without giving away plot details, the Lolita character does seem to be more mature than her years and seems aware and manipulative of the pedophile's character. I'd really like to know when LDR read the book, but I'm guessing it may have been after her "boarding-school" days, and perhaps her experiences there are why the book resonated with her. Not trying to over-analyze her (but what else am I supposed to do here?).

Then there is "Lolita", her song. Having reviewed the lyrics (by listening and with directlyrics, I bought Lolita as an MP3), the song's perspective is of a younger *girl* who obviously has a strong effect on *boys* her own age, which implies to me that she's not a girl but a woman at this point. "Off to the Races" I do have the lyrics to. There is an obvious shout out to Nabokov ("light of my life, fire of my loins"), but the rest of the song also seems to be about a younger *woman* (with a Las Vegas past), not an under-aged kid.  Are there songs from AKA more dubious than these? Maybe, but I'd hardly say the Lolita thing with her strongly suggests under-aged sex.

The novel "Lolita" doesn't concern a paedophile, it deals with H.H's hebephilia (hence why he doesn't want anyone younger, it's a specific age range).

Also, the entire Off to the Races is a "Lolita" reference. For almost every line of the song, I can think of something in the novel.

She sings about her life, I mean clearly she was at one point dating an older man when she was underage, it's not that she's pro pedophelia, she's just sharing her life story y'all. Maybe she doesn't think it's that controversial considering she was the little girl in the situation but she isn't anymore, so whatever.

This doesn't surprise me at all. Cmon we all know lana del rey is fucked up, speaking normally about prostitution, sex with underage girls and having affairs with married men when all that stuff is completely unmoral and disgusting. Only freaks do that.

are you religious ?

Have you ever been cheated?

Nope, but the world is not black and white and I can understand some reasons why people can cheat. Really not only freaks do that lol

Nope, but the world is not black and white and I can understand some reasons why people can cheat. Really not only freaks do that lol

In Ride video she says she does it because she was "born" to be the other woman. I don't think that's a good reason. But yeah in general I don't know the real circunstances this people are living, so I won't judge. Everyone has their shit.

But what makes a person say to themselves something like, "I was born to be the other woman?" :ohno:

I think maybe people saying some not-so-helpful things, people close to them, can be a part of influencing them to give up in some way  :(

Just musing. I agree, everyone has their own stuff going on.

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

I think you guys are taking the "other woman" thing far too literally. I think she's just saying that she's always felt like she was on the periphery of society in one way or another.

She's referring to feeling misunderstood and alone.

But really, doesn't everyone feel like that from time to time?

lana+2.jpg

I didn't catch this retweet when it happened, probably because she deleted it 6h later. Anyway, I'm side-eying the fuck out that retweet. We don't know her intent was retweeting it, and it probably isn't any actual endorsement of pedophilia (perhaps it was just a joke, perhaps she just liked the controversial nature of the opinion of her work, perhaps it was a mistake), but regardless, it's in unbelievably poor taste. I'm just glad she or someone else had the sense to delete it.

Receipts here. 

Anyway, I just wanted to share this because it totally escaped my RADAR 

tumblr_m7eoyfnUPa1qedt22o1_500.gif

and I think it managed to escape others too. My intent is not to make a Lana-bashing thread, but just.... this is really side-eyey and I wanted to share.  :creep:

Don’t let the tik tok users slating ha see this