lola

Taylor Swift

I got the last variant now, which I liked most luckily. If they bring up better and/or signed art print versions, I can still cancel until April I guess. 

It was expensive watch it 

i'm surprised they haven't cracked down on artists releasing slightly different versions of the same album to increase chart sales, they cracked down on people (k-pop stans) buying the same single on different accounts by decreasing the weight physical sales have. I suppose it would be quite difficult to enforce, like would they make it so only the standard album version counted towards album sales? (genuinely curious, not looking to start another fight about album versions lol)

On 3/4/2024 at 8:14 AM, champainproblms said:

i really don't see the harm in making variants with different tracks. the people who are going to buy all of them were going to buy independently of the tracks, because they are completionists, just see the 1989 or midnights, they all had the same tracks and ppl still bought all the variants available.

On 3/4/2024 at 8:36 AM, The Siren said:

You know - people who complain about getting a new song on a different version of the album are not gonna have their mind changed no matter how much you argue over it.

ITs not the fact that people don't want a new song. It's the fact that they're not going to streamers because they want to sell a record so bad. It's annoying. The songs are nice to have but it's not that easy to get them. Nobody wants to do all that digging. 

Anyway, I hope this album is good.

2 hours ago, SarcasticBeauty said:

ITs not the fact that people don't want a new song. It's the fact that they're not going to streamers because they want to sell a record so bad. It's annoying. The songs are nice to have but it's not that easy to get them. Nobody wants to do all that digging. 

Anyway, I hope this album is good.

It's not that big of a deal to me? It's like having to buy a Japanese exclusive CD for the bonus track, etc

5 hours ago, The Siren said:

It's not that big of a deal to me? It's like having to buy a Japanese exclusive CD for the bonus track, etc

one japanese edition vs 10 regular is kind of crazy. That's all. It's a realistic complaint is all I'm saying. But I mean its not changing, so I guess it doesn't really matter. Still annoying though.

6 hours ago, The Siren said:

exaclty this. It’s the same situation as Flipside and Is This Happiness. Both of those songs were iTunes/Target/Fnac tracks  that have never ‘properly’ been released

"Don’t forget me"

34 minutes ago, SarcasticBeauty said:

one japanese edition vs 10 regular is kind of crazy. That's all. It's a realistic complaint is all I'm saying. But I mean its not changing, so I guess it doesn't really matter. Still annoying though.

theyre not regular cos they each have bonus tracks. your argument has holes in it. if you (you meaning everyone against the different bonus tracks per version) were to protest the 11 variants of Chemtrails for having the same 11 songs on all 11 versions, i could see your point.

I guess this whole thing is just kinda annoying after we got about 10 versions of midnights but ig this one is cooler because we get bonus tracks.

young, wild, free but most of all fucking crazy

image.pngScreenshot-20230604-121919-Instagram-1.j

GEi7EdJW0AEEfOR_2.jpg?ex=65c3d371&is=65b

4 minutes ago, williamprb said:

I guess this whole thing is just kinda annoying after we got about 10 versions of midnights but ig this one is cooler because we get bonus tracks.

the ammount of variants this album had was crazy, it shouldve had been only the vinyl variants and a deluxe with the til dawn and the late night edition songs in only one

source.gif

I could see her dropping an edition of the album on streaming with all the bonus tracks on it the next day (like 3AM) or the following week to stabilize streams

BzhmW.png

14 hours ago, love divine said:

last variant (hopefully) is a clear target exclusive with the manuscript as the bonus 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSX8RT_QHR7m_6jU7QM2o-

Wow, it's not red, lol. The red looked so bad in the folklore target variant. 

She usually doesn't release Walmart, UO, Spotify fans first etc. exclusive variants, right? Or have I just never seen them? 

4 hours ago, Olympia said:

Wow, it's not red, lol. The red looked so bad in the folklore target variant. 

She usually doesn't release Walmart, UO, Spotify fans first etc. exclusive variants, right? Or have I just never seen them? 

no, i think she only currently has deals with target (although she has released spotify merch before.) also agree on the red folklore vinyl, it's the only one i have and i cringe everytime i look at it :pls:

violets in your eyes

So do we think there will be signed stuff or do we think Taylor is done doing that?

There weren't signed things for Speak Now or 1989 TVs but does that mean she just stopped doing them for TVs or she stopped doing them altogether?

I hate not knowing :pft:

6 minutes ago, rosemead ramada said:

So do we think there will be signed stuff or do we think Taylor is done doing that?

There weren't signed things for Speak Now or 1989 TVs but does that mean she just stopped doing them for TVs or she stopped doing them altogether?

she might send them to independent record stores like she did with folklore (I think)? 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

17 hours ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

She did it for Midnights so I’m hoping she does it for this one too

18 hours ago, rosemead ramada said:

Looks like she does not sign art cards for the Taylor's version records. But since she did for midnights, I hope she does for the new album, too. But only if she releases them early enough to cancel the unsigned version. That was hell of a trouble for Midnights back then, lol. I'd love to get a signed photo of this amazing shoot, then I could sell my signed midnight version. Not really interested in that album anymore, but wanna keep at least one "autograph". (They are probably auto pen or fakes anyway I guess?) 

Omg I didn’t realize there’d be explicit songs (since the CD/vinyl mockups didn’t have parental advisory stickers) 

GI7WM_8WAAAlcHb?format=jpg&name=large

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

i don't know how i feel about the album title being in all caps- but maybe that's an indication it'll be angry (not rock tho, i've given up on that hope :cryney2: )

7 explicit songs... i get anxious whenever she's explicit bc she has a reputation of being cringey with swears- but let's hope she slays and serves songwriting :wub: