lola

Taylor Swift

1 hour ago, mssainttropez said:
  Hide contents

I’m only two tracks in and this album is literally rep’s baby, I love her sm already <3

Good to hear, rep was my fav!

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

Courtney Love feeling vindicated I fear..... Ultra Common Courtney W.... taylor take a few years off from over exposure and the overculture...... you don't have to be a poet.....ypu can go back to making the music everyone loves from you..... she really wants to be lana so bad but lana works because she's just being herself.....also she should have told her mob to leave Joe alone most of this album isn't even about him.....

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

Spoiler

i’ve only listened to a few songs on my way to college today but 

as someone who only ever really listens to folklore, i do enjoy this album! i think but daddy i love him might be my favourite atm but that might change cause i’m finding most of these to need a second listen before i have many thoughts on them. i do think the album is a little bit repetitive though Eeek sorry

i think her vocals on this album are really great i wish i understood all the lore going on in this thread :wub:

giphy.gif

It’s actually a really good thing this album leaked. The hype is at an all time high right now instead of being the same day as Lanachella. The hype will defuse somewhat by then and we can all focus on Lanachella like we should 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

I'm a very casual listener, but I've recently really gotten into some folklore and midnights tracks, so I'm actually quite eager to have a listen. Let's go!

49 minutes ago, twinkletoes7 said:
  Hide contents

i’ve only listened to a few songs on my way to college today but 

as someone who only ever really listens to folklore, i do enjoy this album! i think but daddy i love him might be my favourite atm but that might change cause i’m finding most of these to need a second listen before i have many thoughts on them. i do think the album is a little bit repetitive though Eeek sorry

i think her vocals on this album are really great i wish i understood all the lore going on in this thread :wub:

Spoiler

My thoughts on TTPD so far:

Its not a bad album Ig. 2 or 3 songs have some cracked lyricism and its just... eh... some songs are perfectly executed, on the other hand. Defo inbalanced. One of those songs has bad vocals but since its a leak I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. This album is like Midnights meets Folklore in a way. Not finished with this album but the back half of it is more appealing in the songwriting aspect, but the tone of the record, still coming from her releases in the past 4 years is almost one dimensional but i suppose its cute aside some of its boring edges. Gonna finish this when Im not panicking my ass off for my music course haha

2 hours ago, Liz Taylor Blues said:

Courtney Love feeling vindicated I fear..... Ultra Common Courtney W.... taylor take a few years off from over exposure and the overculture...... you don't have to be a poet.....ypu can go back to making the music everyone loves from you..... she really wants to be lana so bad but lana works because she's just being herself.....also she should have told her mob to leave Joe alone most of this album isn't even about him.....

Spoiler

Is there anything about him? 

Everything. Forever.

Spoiler

that Charlie Puth line thoo... Noooooo Taylor, not in the album you're trying to be a poet persona:lange:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

on my 2nd listen i like it better than i initially did :) i would raise my rating from 6.5 to 8. i even warmed up to ‘i can do it with a broken heart’, when previously that was an unlistenable track. idk what changed lol, i think this album just needed one more listen for me to absorb it better, because at first the tracks were blending together and sounding monotonous. now each song actually sounds rlly good and unique. 

Spoiler

i love how the overall sound is so moody, ‘fresh out the slammer’ and ‘i can fix him’ sound like they can be from an indie artist. a lot of ppl said it’s midnights 2.0 but that couldn’t be more inaccurate. i think this is a really fresh, mature sound for taylor. i hope people give it a chance and listen to it more than once. 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

Spoiler

Are people really thinking the lyrics are that bad? I’ve not listened so can’t comment on sound, but from some of the lyrics I’ve read here I think they’re ok? 

one of my main criticisms of Taylor usually is that I dont like her songwriting.. it always reads juvenile to me and a bit too “polished” and in a way.. trying too hard 

the lyrics I’ve read so far seem more raw, stripped back and more like a story (or poem I should say).. without caring too much on it being perfect. It sounds a bit angry, I’m actually interested to hear the sound 

all of the above is not about the Charlie Puth lyric though, that sounds awful lol 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

Got another email from Target my vinyl is delayed for a second time... First they delayed it to Apr 26, now its Apr 29. Yeahhhhh I'm gonna be running to Target right when they open Friday morning

Something's happening at 2pm Eastern. What could it be?!?! https://www.taylorswift.com/forafortnight/

Just now, rosemead ramada said:

Got another email from Target my vinyl is delayed for a second time... First they delayed it to Apr 26, now its Apr 29. Yeahhhhh I'm gonna be running to Target right when they open Friday morning

Something's happening at 2pm Eastern. What could it be?!?! https://www.taylorswift.com/forafortnight/

my guess is another variant 

Just now, DemonMic2003 said:

my guess is another variant 

I doubt it... why would she be counting down to that? plus what is the meaning of 13 after TTPD? And 2pm... she's been making lots of references to 2 lately