lola

Taylor Swift

1 minute ago, twinkletoes7 said:

because it’s a double album does that mean depending on what vinyl variant some people got they have a different album or is she going to release even more? 

all variants are the same (minus one bonus song on each) because the leak came from the black dog cd

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

2 minutes ago, twinkletoes7 said:

because it’s a double album does that mean depending on what vinyl variant some people got they have a different album or is she going to release even more? 

what

I think she‘ll release more. The variants are just the standard poets department with one exclusive song, there is nothing physical of Anthology yet but I hope she‘ll make some nice variants for collectors 

3 minutes ago, rancidgirl said:

all variants are the same (minus one bonus song on each) because the leak came from the black dog cd

1 minute ago, cyberbunnyboops said:

what

I think she‘ll release more. The variants are just the standard poets department with one exclusive song, there is nothing physical of Anthology yet but I hope she‘ll make some nice variants for collectors 

ahhh ok i wasn’t sure if the darker alternate cover ended up being the second album bc of a pic i saw on twitter

giphy.gif

I don’t understand how people like side b more than side a, I guess the official album will have to be the little secret for the tasteful ones:dance2:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

This is not it, nothing stuck to me. Actually some moments felt like she tried taking Lana's poetry to extreme but it was just boring and way too much. Lana included very catchy phrases and songs on OB, but this is just all the same

Also: it is waaaaaaay too long. 31 tracks? 2 hours? Yeah I’ll be going back to sleep

I Can Fix sounds sonically like Say Yes To Heaven.

And honestly Matty doesn't deserve a beautiful album like this 😭

Loml sounds like Evermore title track omfg

url%5D

Lana probably writes as much for an album as Taylor did for TTPD but she has the decency and simple understanding to no make a bloated album just so there’s more songs to stream to simply generate statistics and numbers :kiss3: 

there’s a reason we haven’t gotten a deluxe since Ultraviolence and it’s because it ruins the actual album. real artists care about their art more than anything else! 

First listen to the «  Costco-sized Warehouse Edition ».

i get what she was doing, wanting to put out an unedited journal of her breakup, but this is an oversized and undercooked demo-feeling project. Sorry Taylor, it’s too much raw cake for me :brigitte:

I paused the album for now. I'll listen to it later. Thoughts so far: as light as the album is sonically, it's lyrically something that's very difficult to digest. And tbh I don't understand most of the lyrics. That's why I gotta re-read the lyrics.

I love the production because it's light but I understand when people say that she's in her comfort zone right now.

url%5D

3 minutes ago, Honeytrails said:

Lana probably writes as much for an album as Taylor did for TTPD but she has the decency and simple understanding to no make a bloated album just so there’s more songs to stream to simply generate statistics and numbers :kiss3: 

there’s a reason we haven’t gotten a deluxe since Ultraviolence and it’s because it ruins the actual album. real artists care about their art more than anything else! 

I wouldn‘t mind a 31 song Lana album.:illumilana2: Art is subjective after all and there is something special in every song some can connect to more and others less. if there is a lot to tell then many songs don‘t ruin an album and even if there isn‘t much to tell who gets to say what an ideal album is anyway. I like art to be satisfying and not to leave me always longing for more, for something else similar. 

I don‘t study art and have a very subjective opinion on it and am no good critic but imo writing songs is admirable and creating such a big ?thing?project?opus?.

sry not an attack on you I‘ve just read so much hate on here the past few days I‘m kinda sick of it by now, I feel like this is the musical version of skinny gossip sometimes :shake:

26 minutes ago, Honeytrails said:

god forbid she gives her fans extra songs after they had been requesting a double album for so long

pskiQfS.jpeg

Your wife waters flowers, I wanna kill her 

I'm sorry but why some of you are gagging over this so much while being Lana fan? This is what Ocean Blvd would sound like with 8 Candy Necklaces + 8 Fishtails. Both good and safe songs but repeat them so many times that everything blends together. No heavenly experience of The Grants, no craziness of A&W, no insane lyrics of Fingertips, no campy bops like Peppers and Taco Truck x VB. Florida being the only obvious standout track. This album was so much better on the 1st listen, I don't know why.

Now The Anthology though, on track 4 and the start is already way better and diverse. Hoping it stays that way.