xratedcuntxrated

Beyoncé

just listened to jolene

its good! not as grand as i was expecting it to be and probably sonically level with dollys version. i still enjoyed it though and her voice works well with the track

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

7 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

just listened to jolene

its good! not as grand as i was expecting it to be and probably sonically level with dollys version. i still enjoyed it though and her voice works well with the track

yes I def thought since in an interview Dolly said she’d love to see someone do to Jolene what Whitney did to IWALY - Beyoncé was gonna do a very “big” version of Jolene. 

The “I would’ve shot Jolene” song kinda eats Beyoncé’s a bit tho ngl on levels of gangsta. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

9 minutes ago, Mer said:

yes I def thought since in an interview Dolly said she’d love to see someone do to Jolene what Whitney did to IWALY - Beyoncé was gonna do a very “big” version of Jolene. 

The “I would’ve shot Jolene” song kinda eats Beyoncé’s a bit tho ngl on levels of gangsta. 

exactly my thoughts! i remember that interview too and thats why i think i was subconsciously expecting a grander production. jolene is a fantastic song so i still really enjoyed it but i feel THEE yoncè couldve done a little more with it

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

What does the album sound like? Is it more pop country?

hate being in the west coast sometimes bc I’m the last to hear :crai:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

14 minutes ago, shadesofblue said:

What does the album sound like? Is it more pop country?

hate being in the west coast sometimes bc I’m the last to hear :crai:

It leans most heavy into country and folk but as she said, it's a BEYONCE album. There's two specific moments that discuss the idea of genre bending.

As a Mexican American with deep southern ties, this is such a beautiful project for me. Her voice is the best it's ever been and there's so much to sink your teeth into--you can tell as always she did her homework + worked with great collaborators. The GP will obviously go for the more upbeat tracks, but the most country cuts are some of the ones I see myself going back to often. 

A more than worthy follow up to Act I. I hope it gives an extra push in the industry to black country singers. 

Also here's a nice quick read ("The daughter who eclipses the father" is a beautiful sentiment for this three act project): https://time.com/6960671/beyonce-black-country-legacy-essay/ 

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

5 hours ago, joeeiley said:

unreleased music probably has more rights than released as once its out, it could be more considered fair use:twirls:

if unreleased music can be linked here, i don't see why music that's been released should be any different

Then consider this your one and only warning mamas :oprah6:

24 minutes ago, Formation said:

It leans most heavy into country and folk but as she said, it's a BEYONCE album. There's two specific moments that discuss the idea of genre bending.

As a Mexican American with deep southern ties, this is such a beautiful project for me. Her voice is the best it's ever been and there's so much to sink your teeth into--you can tell as always she did her homework + worked with great collaborators. The GP will obviously go for the more upbeat tracks, but the most country cuts are some of the ones I see myself going back to often. 

A more than worthy follow up to Act I. I hope it gives an extra push in the industry to black country singers. 

Also here's a nice quick read ("The daughter who eclipses the father" is a beautiful sentiment for this three act project): https://time.com/6960671/beyonce-black-country-legacy-essay/ 

Sounds interesting, Im excited! i am also Mexican American :sass:

(I’m not super familiar with country music so maybe I’m incorrect) but I think the genre in the present day lacks some diversity. It seems like it’s slowly changing, but it’s nice to see a black artist in the modern country music scene!

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

i was really worried for this album. i’m not the biggest country fan so was cautious to not get too excited for it

just had my first listen... i was SO wrong to be worried, this album is really good :dancedy:

enjoyed almost all the songs. a few misses (but to be expected on an album with well over 20 songs)

highlights for me: 

AMERIICAN REQUIEM

SMOKE HOUR

BODYGUARD

SPAGHETTII 

II MOST WANTED

LEVIIS JEANS

YA YA

II HANDS II HEAVEN 

TYRANT

AMEN (the outro is KNTY)

will digest this album over the next few months, gonna take me a while. i remember i wasnt sold on renaissance at first but it became one of my favourite bey releases, so i’m glad this one has clicked a bit earlier for me

7.9/10

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

First off, I’m happy that she didn’t mention trucks and beer. To my knowledge anyway

first listen, stand outs imo:

Spaghetti - love how it sounds like a movie trailer first and then smooths out 

Riverdance is an incredibly beautiful song. The piano’s soft support at the start just makes it this kind of soft beauty. Something about it

ii hands ii heaven. An uplifting song, this and Riverdance remind me of how I felt listening to XO. 

Sweet honey buckin. That expected Beyonce energy that you might be looking for in the album’s found here

just for fun is a nice song to unwind to. Very easygoing, but in a really, simple and perfect kind of way

Ya Ya’s great. That deep tone. So good

I know it’s a beautiful record overall, despite my overall avoidance of country music but it's beautifully crafted. Some songs are kinda lost in me in just the pacing(?) of it or the overall country styling of it. 

Glad Miley’s on it, Most Wanted’s a nice heartfelt collab.  American Requiem’s an elegant song to open the album with. Bodyguard’s a nice listen, but I have a feeling I’ll be liking it the more I listen to it.

Jolene’s outro livens up the song

Daughter’s solid. 

I’ll be listening to it more, but heaven, riverdance, buckin and just for fun on repeat for a while first. 

Was waiting for that fire. Might be the 27 songs or so, and I know this is probably supposed to be an album listen, but I personally feel a bit indifferent to the overall genre and it’s sound.

I know my opinion’ll flesh out when I take a more mindful listen, but the songs above are what make it for me outright.

I do appreciate her making something that we’ll have to digest over a longer period of time, instead of something that just feels flat. I think we need more of that when it comes to listening to music. To really savor and enjoy it slowly. 

UV/Honeymoon

Spoiler

Goodbye to what has been 
Pretty house that we never settled in 
A funeral for fair-weather friends 

I am the one to cleanse me of my father's sins

American Requiem 

The melodies

Are buried here

Amen 

:crying2::crying2::pray2::pray2: