Baby V Alex

Ariana Grande

Positive reviews? :woot: When i listen after work i hope i’m just as pleasantly surprised. By the sounds of it Ariana has a new marketing strategy of dropping the worst single ever for what is then a good album… 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

On 3/1/2024 at 9:47 AM, Blossom said:

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is one of my fav movies so I'm actually excited. I rly hope "yes, and?" is an outlier though.... scared

Ari did not disappoint :wub:

I just ordered a CD because I like the album so much and want to play it in the car

(and the bluetooth in my car doesn't work anymore so I went back to cds but I kinda like physical media anyway)

CD cover #2 will be the first to sell out (I've been watching the inventory) just in case anyone cares about the CDs

I basically went through a divorce (9 year relationship) when I was 28 and definitely turned my life upside down when my "saturn returned" so all the songs on this album are crazy relatable. She really hit that mark of being an extremely personal yet relatable album but the production and pop quality never suffered.

no skip album! that is so rare for me, idk how ariana has done it. it’s hard for me to even pick a top 5 because i could listen to this album beginning to end over and over again. it’s so simple yet so…good. like i don’t think it’s groundbreaking or the best thing i’ve ever heard and yet there’s no filler tracks or anything, it’s so refined and clean. 

for now:

1. true story 

2. supernatural 

3. imperfect for you

4. i wish i hated you

5. the boy is mine

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

The way everyone thought it would be 12 versions of Yes And, but it’s actually glorious smooth rnb bops. Thank you Queen. 

The Boy Is Mine is the best track. 

The entire 6 song streak from Eternal Sunshine through to We Cant Be Friends….

75015e3eda2f6abf79b8f651f8a09b4f_w200.gi

Honestly, overall I really love this album. My criticisms are that I think ordinary things sucks and she should’ve cut it and made wait for your love the closer. I also think some of the songs could use an extra minute as the album feels really short overall .Lastly I think on some songs would have really benefitted from some extra build up through the song and some extra production to make the final chorus go harder  However, the pros outweigh the cons for me just on the fact that the production is AMAZING. Probably some of the best production I’ve heard in years, I feel like I can hear every layer on the track yet it’s also blended so seamlessly. Her vocals are amazing as always. The melodies are very memorable and stand out in my opinion. There is a very expensive dreamy hot summer almost “sad night out” vibe with this album I LOVE. Definitely will be getting ready to it a lot the next few month. The writing is fine, I don’t think it’s Taylor or Lana level, but the tea is interesting and I appreciated that she didn’t totally focus on the healing stuff this time around lol. Overall my favorite tracks are supernatural, we can’t be friends, true story, and the boy is mine. I also love the album so much I can’t wait to see how much it grows on me!

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

TRUE STORY would have been my favorite if the lyrics weren‘t so stupid/naive. The production and her voice are so damn good here. But these lyrics are so bad.

if you need me to - Why to play this game when she‘s been so cool and self-confident on YES, AND?? :facepalm::noparty:

BYE

WE CAN‘T BE FRIENDS

YES, AND

SUPERNATURAL

IMPERFECT FOR YOU

SATURN

Gave it a listen and it confirms that Ariana is not for me. I like her voice, it’s well-made pop , but I really like very few of her songs overall.  
at least she got out of the “I want the D” trope she was stuck in on her early albums. 

2 hours ago, ulttraviolenncee said:

the boy is mine is nothing similar to fantasize, not hating tho i liked it

i think she meant the overall theme of fantasize instead of the sound :icant:

I haven't listened to the album yet. What are your opinions on the new album? Is it amazing? Good, okayish? Or bad and awful? Is it her best one? Is it her worst one? I believe it's better than Positions. Is it a top three worthy? Is it really 93/100, like the Metacritic score says? Is it going to be 2025 Grammy's AOTY? What's the genre? Is it similar to any of her older albums? So many questions, and I don't know why. I really never been a fan of hers but I liked Dangerous Woman and Sweetener. I kinda think that Thank You, Next was overrated because I felt she started repeating herself there, but it wasn't bad. Positions was quite "idk what to feel about this".

url%5D