Baby V Alex

Ariana Grande

I still think that NTLTC not even reaching number one in most countries was an absolute pop injustice, it should've been the biggest song of 2018. Like, obviously I'm glad she got two number one singles now with Thank U, Next and 7 Rings, but NTLTC deserved and it was robbed! :defeated:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I still think that NTLTC not even reaching number one in most countries was an absolute pop injustice, it should've been the biggest song of 2018. Like, obviously I'm glad she got two number one singles now with Thank U, Next and 7 Rings, but NTLTC deserved and it was robbed! :defeated:

Just my opinion but I thought NTLTC was one of the weaker pop songs on Sweetener and I still dont know why they chose it as a lead single.

Just my opinion but I thought NTLTC was one of the weaker pop songs on Sweetener and I still dont know why they chose it as a lead single.

I respect your opinion but ugh I just loved the fact that the notes actually CHANGED from verse to chorus! Like that never happens, especially since most of Sweetener is a 4 chord repeat with bridges as the only exception. I'd say it's my fave off the album, but that's just me! :creep:

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

Really? I think NTLTC is the perfect pop song, it might actually be my favourite Ariana single. Super catchy, amazing production, Ariana's amazing vocals, her (sort of) rapping during the verses, plus the stunning video and great live performances... everything about it was flawless, IMO. Well, aside from the chart positions. Also, I think "Ain't got no tears left to cry, so I'm pickin' it up..." was quite a cool message after what happened at her Manchester show and everything.

But yeah, that's why Sweetener was quite a disappointment to me. After the three fantastic singles, I was expecting a whole album in the vein of these songs.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

thank u, next is her strongest body of work and it definitely is ying-yang with Sweetener... I really like the cohesion of sound but for me all her album tracklists are messy - I know she used interludes and little audio clips inbetween on the last 2 records but for me the album flows better like...

01. imagine

02. fake smile

03. needy

04. NASA

05. ghostin

06. make up

07. 7 rings

08. bloodline

09. break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored

10. bad idea

11. in my head

12. thank u, next

Does someone have a nice tracklist suggestion for the Thank U, Next tracks + the non-Pharrell tracks from Sweetener? Just putting them at the end of Thank U, Next doesn't really sound nice.

I'd say put god is a woman after bad idea, no tears left to cry after needy, and breathin after bloodline? Honestly idk :biblio:

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

Does someone have a nice tracklist suggestion for the Thank U, Next tracks + the non-Pharrell tracks from Sweetener? Just putting them at the end of Thank U, Next doesn't really sound nice. 

hmm it's tricky cos they sound so different... maybe try

01. imagine

02. fake smile

03. needy

04. NASA

05. ghostin

06. no tears left to cry

07. breathin

08. make up

09. 7 rings

10. bloodline

11. break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored

12. bad idea

13. God is a woman

14. in my head

15. thank u, next

I'd say put god is a woman after bad idea, no tears left to cry after needy, and breathin after bloodline? Honestly idk :biblio:

01. imagine

02. fake smile

03. needy

04. NASA

05. ghostin

06. no tears left to cry

07. breathin

08. make up

09. 7 rings

10. bloodline

12. bad idea

13. God is a woman

14. in my head

15. thank u, next

I'll try these out and let you know, thanks guys hehe. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

01. imagine

02. fake smile

03. needy

04. NASA

05. ghostin

06. no tears left to cry

07. breathin

08. make up

09. 7 rings

10. bloodline

12. bad idea

13. God is a woman

14. in my head

15. thank u, next

i feel like Goodnight n Go deserves a spot on there

negAbhB.png

Does anybody know how to order the 7inch singles or cassettes in the UK?

I keep getting redirected to her UK store and they aren't available.

Try ordering directly from shop.arianagrande.com, maybe it'll work that way? It looks like only the Break Up With Your Girlfriend ones are available though, I guess the others are already sold out. I would've bought them if they'd used some interesting songs for the B-sides, but it's just edited versions, so... thank u, next.

In other news, Thank U, Next is the first CD I bought in 2019. #oldskool Take my coins, future Queen of Pop!

DzdWauPX0AAvu5V.jpg

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif