lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

I would not put too much into the album title as a clue to the sound or type of music. My guess we'll see a black beauty EP style album but that is a guess. I also think we'll get more 60s pop like Queen of Disaster and Never Let Me Go or On Our Way.

"born to die" = a bit dark, extremely dramatic

"paradise" = lush, tropical, mystical, ethereal 

ZRBNill.jpg

I think the sound of "Hollywood" might hint at the musical direction of the album. She did say some months ago that she wanted something stripped down and accoustic like, and I believe "Chelsea Hotel No. 2" was a result of that. But with the looks she was playing around with this year, the swinging sixties-free spirit hippie look might hint at a psychedelic rock/acid rock type of sound. Something like The Doors. Again, she even mentioned Morrison again in "Hollywood," this could be wishful thinking, but I have a strong feeling this might be the case.

I have a gut feeling it will take a sorta grunge, rock influenced route. But it totally makes sense to me that it will head into 70s esque territory, a la Summer Wine. She was recording 70s style music with Barrie. Either it was for his new album, her new album, or there's a project all it's own in the making. The news of her recording in LA and Italy (wasn't it?) fit the time frame to me if the album will be out this upcoming summer. I think it will still be cinematic, but I think she'll take a really different but still appealing and Lana-esque route.

she should release her new album on CASSETTE

Princess Superstar produced tunes on a cassette? Do you want me to have a stroke?

YES YES OMG YES

tumblr_inline_mw0r8bOqyM1r6ziul.giftumblr_inline_mw0r8bOqyM1r6ziul.giftumblr_inline_mw0r8bOqyM1r6ziul.gif

EQFO7rX.png

"... the new record, called Ultraviolence. It's a little different, but I hope you like it." (http://youtu.be/2-kQSWujswk)

So we know the new album is likely not going to be a sound we've heard from her, yet. Although I adore BTD and its Paradise edition, I'm really excited to see what this new record is going to sound like.

Glad she's evolving, but what if she means more commercial and radio friendly....

she should release her new album on CASSETTE

I get the love for vinyl or even the retro nostalgia for 8-tracks. But cassettes? The sound quality is terrible. These days they probably even cost more to produce than CDs. I grew up in the cassette era. It is not something anyone should want to return to. You might as well say you wish we'd go back to the Dark Ages.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I get the love for vinyl or even the retro nostalgia for 8-tracks. But cassettes? The sound quality is terrible. These days they probably even cost more to produce than CDs. I grew up in the cassette era. It is not something anyone should want to return to. You might as well say you wish we'd go back to the Dark Ages.

Lmao. It was a joke, can you imagine that though. So indie

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Guest Dot

I think the sound of "Hollywood" might hint at the musical direction of the album. She did say some months ago that she wanted something stripped down and accoustic like, and I believe "Chelsea Hotel No. 2" was a result of that. But with the looks she was playing around with this year, the swinging sixties-free spirit hippie look might hint at a psychedelic rock/acid rock type of sound. Something like The Doors. Again, she even mentioned Morrison again in "Hollywood," this could be wishful thinking, but I have a strong feeling this might be the case.

I'd be here for remakes of Kill Kill, Driving in Cars with Boys and Mermaid Motel in the musical style you described. Hollywood kind of has that 70's/80's vibe to it and I think it fits the type of sound I associate with an album called "ULTRAVIOLENCE".

And OMG I just found the perfect song for Lana to cover!!! Imagine her recording this with a similar production to the one used for Hollywood. :crying:

http://youtu.be/ojbEWJFF3Dw

Lana could totally pull this one off. I think something in the vein of her Heart-Shaped Box rendition would be quite possible as well.

I'm totally 100% here for more Tim Larcombe tracks! I also think Lana's voice really suits rock music so I'm so ready for more Velvet Crowbar-ish songs. Either way, I just hope it's not Paradise-y at all. I think it's beautiful and all but I over tracks like Ride/Bel Air/AFFA/Black Beauty. I need something new from Lana.

Just because Tim Larcombe is the first producer to reply to a Facebook comment doesn't mean he's that involved. Consider he only had one song on Paradise and two on Born to Die.

Tim Larcome posted link to Tropico on his Facebook and someone, a girl named Laura, asked im if there was a new album and he replied: "New album on the way Laura! Next year."

So, the release year is 2014 and Tim Larcombe (Off To The Races) is still involved in the production!

I'm totally 100% here for more Tim Larcombe tracks!

Just because Tim Larcombe is the first producer to reply to a Facebook comment doesn't mean he's that involved. Consider he only had one song on Paradise and two on Born to Die.

I certainly wouldn't mind if Tim Larcombe was involved in the production of her next album, but I agree with @@SitarHero that you can't read too much into that. His knowledge could simply be due to the fact that he's also managed by Ben's company TaP MGMT.

:benmawson:

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.