lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

Body Electric is Perfect and if the UV is more like that it will be the best album ever!

she sounds very.. robotic lol.

Ok, I'm glad you said something, because American's production makes me cringe...

Exactly.

I think that bit alone reveals that this person was talking about Fartflop Attempt 2 and those four letters also fit Caga.

Third grade teas

please stop spamming this thread.

I wasn't online for like 8 hours and now there are 2 new pages with no new information at all.  :deadbanana:

my hopes are always so high and then they are absolutely destroyed after reading the added pages  :defeated:  :defeated:

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx

she sounds very.. robotic lol.

That's the best thing about the song :crossed:

She is totally non-human, like a machine. Like someone who has an electric body made of wires and electrical currents and stuff. I love how distant she is tbh, it's like the darkness draws you in.

please stop spamming this thread.

I wasn't online for like 8 hours and now there are 2 new pages with no new information at all.  :deadbanana:

my hopes are always so high and then they are absolutely destroyed after reading the added pages  :defeated:  :defeated:

Can we establish this as the discussion thread and confirm that there will obviously be a new thread if anything serious happens?

That popjustice report sounds nothing like Lana. Trap???? whos expecting that at any point???? no one.

I don't think anyone was expecting that.  That's just the current trend right now (like Dubstep a while ago where a lot of pop artists dabbled in it), so it's just editorial filler saying that (if it's U/V) doesn't succumb to trends.  Not anything we really didn't expect, I think, though, even if it isn't U/V.

u6pq4c9.gif

What I find so interesting about all the speculation on UV is how it's going to sound.  Lana could do an album full 60s-esque Motown, electronic/EDM-pop deal, straight indie rock, baroque pop, etc. of material and it wouldn't be too unexpected.  That's what great about her.  Her back catalog is so diverse and she really nails it on a lot of different genres.  How great it is to have an artist with such a range.  At the same time though, it's going to feel that she's boxed in regardless.  Even if they try to touch upon everything from Paradise-esque Black Beauty to something EDM, it might not flow right.  I expect something along the lines of Paradise in terms of Baroque Pop but it's going to be interesting in how she makes the big hitters (4-5 songs, possible singles and a bit varied in style) flow with the rest of it.

u6pq4c9.gif

What I find so interesting about all the speculation on UV is how it's going to sound.  Lana could do an album full 60s-esque Motown, electronic/EDM-pop deal, straight indie rock, baroque pop, etc. of material and it wouldn't be too unexpected.  That's what great about her.  Her back catalog is so diverse and she really nails it on a lot of different genres.  How great it is to have an artist with such a range.  At the same time though, it's going to feel that she's boxed in regardless.  Even if they try to touch upon everything from Paradise-esque Black Beauty to something EDM, it might not flow right.  I expect something along the lines of Paradise in terms of Baroque Pop but it's going to be interesting in how she makes the big hitters (4-5 songs, possible singles and a bit varied in style) flow with the rest of it.

what does this even mean [if it ain't baroque don't fix it]

and tbh I don't think Lana really covers that many genres ~ sonically.  Not mo town, and the electronic genre was done by cedric gervais. Not saying she doesn't have the capacity to cover other genres, but that's not her current m.o.  She found the sound that she seemed to have been seeking for a while w/ Born to Die and I don't think Ultraviolence will stray far from that, she's found her market and I'm sure she's gonna stick to it. anyone expecting a sound completely different from btd or tpe will probably be disappointed 

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

The genre was intended to be less "wild" than rock music at the time,[4] and a less commercial, more serious and "mature" offshoot of the genre.[4] Baroque pop may be distinguished from progressive rock, which also uses classical instrumentation, by its generally simpler song structures closer to standard pop song writing, and also by its more mainstream lyrical content as opposed to the generally conceptual lyrics associated with later progressive rock.[5]

Baroque pop, stylistically, fuses elements of pop and rock with classical music, often incorporating instruments not common to popular music such as harpsichords,clavichordsviolinscellos and other stringsoboes and French horns. It is also generally characterised by highly orchestral,[4] lush instrumentation. Common elements of baroque pop also include layered melodies, sophisticated productions and prominent harmonies.[4] Traditionally, baroque pop is also generally quite melancholic and dramatic music,[4] which contrasts it from its more cheerful counterpart, sunshine pop.[5]

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

That popjustice report sounds nothing like Lana. Trap???? whos expecting that at any point???? no one.

I think people are focusing way too much on the 'trap' comment. If it's Lana, it's probably a joke on people expecting her to go all electronic after the success of the SS remix/or her music being too slow and people wanting her to change. I really can't think of anyone else who's releasing soon that fits that review - Lykke Li said her album is more of a stripped back effort and the "darker, continuation of the previous album" wouldn't fit Sia since We Are Born was a light, poppy album.

tumblr_msfqg0hpqG1sx7kg2o5_250.gif

Do you think the album's coming out before the tour dates? Everything happened so fast! I don't understand the time line lol

god i rly hope that's not the cover

DYjmdHL.png

What'd I say, she's taking the Yoncé route

I don't think that's the album cover, it looks to me more like a standard placeholder than an actual Lana cover. Also, the cover was shot by Chuck, so Lana is most likely going to feature on it.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

With Rob's hints, the sudden tour dates, and this "coming soon" ad, I really feel sure now that she's pulling a Beyonce with the album. Lana has always been relatively anti-marketing anyway when you compare her trajectory to other popular artists.