lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

Where did you get this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03ywpkq

Short interview starts ~ 2:44:00 [and a tiny clip ~ 45:00]

Dan’s descriptors of ‘Turn Blue’ include: “Disheveled,” “natural [progression] from Brothers,” and “dark” …

Also, he calls Lana Del Rey’s new record a “sonic monster” … 

Dan Auerbach: It's a monster. It's a sonic monster. It's beautiful. I can't wait for people to hear it.

BBC: Is it that sort of similar kind of widescreen cinematic feel to it?

Dan Auerbach: It does, but even more so, you know I think a lot of her first record was just kind of, you know, was in the box, recorded, but this is a 7-piece band with her singing live in the studio so there's some kind of, uh, really magic, magical moments that we got to capture on tape, and, uh, you know, the kind of thing that you just can't duplicate with, uh, Pro Tools kind of recording, you know what I mean? It's a different thing for her even though her personality is still definitely there and shines through.

:oprah2:  :crying:

P.S. I love the shade for the production on BTD.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I like the fact he describes it as "magical moments" you know for Lana is really importante to make a connection with the people she's working with  :teehee: I wonder when they met?

2wn4whw.png

This album has the potential to be so incredible....I cannot contain my excitement anymore. Not that I have at all up to this point.

I love that he described some of her vocal moments as "magical." That's really a perfect summation. Just watch her performance of Video Games at the Jaguar launch.

It's time she realeses something! I need Ultraviolence to be the official soundtrack to my final exams in May :icant: It would just be so perfect if I could always connect Ultraviolence with my finals. (Even if I fail )

Wow Auerbach was really something. However, the eternal ambiguity of saying more out of the box than "her first record", which I'm assuming is BTD rather than AKA (but still remains ambiguous, and similar to LDR saying it made her forget her last record, what? Paradise or BTD?). 

If it's really a sonic monster (and a completed album), what possible motivation is there for releasing after the tour? It also sounds like her live performance will be affected, as the stuff in UV sounds pre-adapted to live.