evilentity

Is "Beyoncé" just a big rip-off of Lana Del Rey?

I agree with your assessment. Lana is very influencial among other artists. Miley has covered her song, Taylor Swift and Ke$ha have clearly been inspired by Lana.

But Beyonce is completely copying Lana. This is needs to hit the blogosphere and mainstream media.

This is needs to hit the blogosphere and mainstream media.

Definitely something that needs to be covered by major media outlets. I hope national television in all countries reports about it! 

I agree with your assessment. Lana is very influencial among other artists. Miley has covered her song, Taylor Swift and Ke$ha have clearly been inspired by Lana.

But Beyonce is completely copying Lana. This is needs to hit the blogosphere and mainstream media.

Alert the President! 

4r9w86.jpg

Guess Lana Del Rey it's an inspiration for most arstists. Katy Perry got inspired from Lana in "Legendary Lovers" and you can see Gaga changed her the rythm of her songs in ARTPOP to a more 'slow' album. 

image.png

Definitely something that needs to be covered by major media outlets. I hope national television in all countries reports about it! 

:lmao:

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

Thank god for the troll faces at the end, I swear I was going to write a really long post...

I went on a huge rant & was ready to post until I saw the troll faces  :facepalm:

i was about to call you a delusional fuck. :creep:

Ha, I would have loved to have read these responses.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I went into a great amount of detail about Lana's underwater pose being the same as Aaliyah's in her rock the boat video & found videos that someone could claim Lana copied by her various poses & shit. :toofunny:  

9a32008aa9568555201e3b88bceeef59.jpg

Tbh I did think of the beginning of Pretty Hurts being similar to Ride and Heaven being Summertime Sadness lol

Obviously I was just being facetious with this whole thing, and didn't notice a lot of the similarities until I went looking for them, but some of them struck me watching "Beyoncé" the first time through: The general theme of the dark side of beauty queens in "Pretty Hurts", the faux-Lynchian style of "Haunted", and the plot of "Heaven", though not any specific images from those videos. Some specific images that I did notice the first time through were Beyoncé at the gas station in "No Angel", Jay-Z smoking and the sequined flapper headdress thing in "Partition", and some of the Rosalita-esque scenes. But the black & white close-up underwater face shots in "Rocket", the Pieta pose in "Mine", and the Coney Island setting of "XO"-- strong Lana parallels in three consecutive videos-- started feeling downright eerie.

Anyway, go watch all these videos if you haven't. They're really good. I highly recommend them.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.