Lirazel

Music (& stuff) people like that you tried to get into, but can’t

2 hours ago, bambi eyes said:

i think this thread is pretty self explanatory 

ill just start off with billie eilish and lil peep… i just don’t get what people see in their music :um2:

same for me with billie eilish, she has a few songs worth listening to, but it's not my world

I can't relate to other big american artists like beyoncé, miley cyrus or eminem much either.

3 minutes ago, Crimson and Clover said:

can’t get into bjork for some reason other than a few songs 

me too

image04.gif?v=7de1b8f7

also bjork- sonically the music is just way too out there for me but shes a queen for being a quadruple scorpio like moi :really:

the doors... idk whytthefuck bc most of my music taste is 60s/70s centric but its so boring to me aside from 20th century fox & light my fire- those are genuine bangers.

basically any rap..ijustdontlikeit

n i mean generally almost all of the currently popular modern musicians, not to b a lame like that but billie eilish, olivia rodrigo, harry styles, ariana, jb  etc etc... i just cantttt.. lanas basically the only modern artist I listen to in full as well as some weyes blood, zella day, taylor swift & lorde

no hate to any of the mentioned artists btw, they're not my cup of tea but they're obviously someone elses & they still earned their success  <3

most white girls music tbh… phoebe bridges, ethel cain, taylor swift, clairo, not my cup of tea :eek: the old generation of white girls as well, kate bush, tori amos, pj harvey and even joni mitchell. but i love björk so there's that (mostly 1993 - 2007 + 2015 tho)

19 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

the doors... idk whytthefuck bc most of my music taste is 60s/70s centric but its so boring to me aside from 20th century fox & light my fire- those are genuine bangers.

have you tried You're Lost Little Girl, Blue Sunday, Queen of the Highway, or The Crystal Ship? I feel like u might like those! (unless you've heard those already and didn't like them, ofc)

Just now, Blossom said:

have you tried You're Lost Little Girl, Blue Sunday, Queen of the Highway, or The Crystal Ship? I feel like u might like those! (unless you've heard those already and didn't like them, ofc)

ooo you’re right i actually know you’re lost little girl & i do like that one .. the rest however are new to me! i’ll try them out. 

i also just remembered roadhouse blues, i like that one too! 

1 hour ago, Crimson and Clover said:

can’t get into bjork for some reason other than a few songs 

I can understand this. I am only familiar with a few of her songs but I love her voice and energy. Check this classic SNL skit. 

maybe it's possible to get into any of the artists mentioned above, but the only thing missing is just the right song or album to start with 

e.g. for a long time björk was also difficult for me to like, but then one day I discovered this song 

which convinced me, that she's not that strange and inaccessible 

maybe some of you have similar experiences and can give some tips