National Anthem

ALLIE X

Sooooo a few years back, I told you guys that I saw the music video for That's So Us on TV. For the record, Allie personally told me she was still planning to release the video; that obviously didn't happen, but that's why I didn't share the video when I said I would.

For context, I recorded the TV with my iPhone with the intention of getting a better recording later, but I didn't know my DVR had a setting to delete recordings after a certain amount of time, so I lost the original HD recording on my TV. This is the best quality I have so don't ask me for better lol.

Anyway, I think it's safe to say that the video won't be released officially, so enjoy!

Spoiler

Shout out to the members here who got weirdly angry (?) and claimed I was making it all up.. this one's for you :wub:

Feel free to thank me with mp3 exclusives in my DMs :popcorn:

5 minutes ago, Kurt said:

Sooooo a few years back, I told you guys that I saw the music video for That's So Us on TV. For the record, Allie personally told me she was still planning to release the video; that obviously didn't happen, but that's why I didn't share the video when I said I would.

For context, I recorded the TV with my iPhone with the intention of getting a better recording later, but I didn't know my DVR had a setting to delete recordings after a certain amount of time, so I lost the original HD recording on my TV. This is the best quality I have so don't ask me for better lol.

Anyway, I think it's safe to say that the video won't be released officially, so enjoy!

Hide contents

Shout out to the members here who got weirdly angry (?) and claimed I was making it all up.. this one's for you :wub:

i can’t believe she had Kim K in it!!1!

negAbhB.png

8 minutes ago, Kurt said:

Reveal hidden contents

i can she why she scrapped this it's pretty bad :toofloppy:

thank you for sharing it though!

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

4 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i can she why she scrapped this it's pretty bad :toofloppy:

thank you for sharing it though!

Yeah, it's funny because Much Music Canada also funded the video for Sanctuary that also got scrapped... they clearly don't produce the most exciting videos and Allie obviously agrees :toofloppy:

I really like the mirror scenes though! Y'all notice the blue eyebrows?

18 minutes ago, Kurt said:

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks for sharing this! Can defs see why this was scrapped but it’s kinda cool to see a piece of Allie X history.

j14CYJi.png

11 hours ago, Kurt said:

Reveal hidden contents

Whoa thanks for sharing!! Thought we'd never get to see this video.

I can see why she shelved it though.

Still, there are some beautiful shots. I agree it'd work great as a lyric video.

自由になる自由がある

11 hours ago, Kurt said:

Reveal hidden contents

wowwwwww so THATS what she was shooting all those years ago with the mirrors!!!! i think this was around the same week she did those analogs / acoustics on youtube and started making it a thing. THIS IS AWESOME TYSM :oprah4:

this is random but how many demos of that’s so us do we have? this is like an ocd thing. but i swear i heard a demo where she says something like slightly problematic and i remember thinking like thank god she changed that lyric. and now it bothering me i can’t find what i’m talking about in the demo i have. if that rings any bells for anyone lmk 

5 minutes ago, Dum-Dum said:

this is random but how many demos of that’s so us do we have? this is like an ocd thing. but i swear i heard a demo where she says something like slightly problematic and i remember thinking like thank god she changed that lyric. and now it bothering me i can’t find what i’m talking about in the demo i have. if that rings any bells for anyone lmk 

There's a demo that's not really problematic but just cringy:

[Pre-chorus]
We think that politics is such a waste of time
We haven't eaten gluten since 2009
We've seen each other naked, 've seen each other cry
You make me not want to die
https://alliex.fandom.com/wiki/That's_So_Us#

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

6 minutes ago, Inferno Euphoria said:

There's a demo that's not really problematic but just cringy:

[Pre-chorus]
We think that politics is such a waste of time
We haven't eaten gluten since 2009
We've seen each other naked, 've seen each other cry
You make me not want to die
https://alliex.fandom.com/wiki/That's_So_Us#

i have that demo ! it’s not that one. it sounds crazy but i’m kinda remembering but i SWEAR she says something like “we’ve/you’ve been republican since 2009”  in the one i used to have. it’s something like that 😭😭

8 minutes ago, Dum-Dum said:

i have that demo ! it’s not that one. it sounds crazy but i’m kinda remembering but i SWEAR she says something like “we’ve/you’ve been republican since 2009”  in the one i used to have. it’s something like that 😭😭

I really don't think that ever existed :toofunny:

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

2 minutes ago, COLORINGBOOKS said:

I really don't think that ever existed :toofunny:

nahhhh cause i know it sounds dumb 😭 but like i fucking used to have it in my music library when i used to be into her and that was on an old phone so i don’t have it anymore. and now it’s bothering me cause i wanna hear the version i used to have 

41 minutes ago, Dum-Dum said:

call me crazy but i swear i remember a demo like this existing. i might be misremembering but i remember hearing it when i first got into her in 2017 

4 minutes ago, miamigardenclub said:

call me crazy but i swear i remember a demo like this existing. i might be misremembering but i remember hearing it when i first got into her in 2017 

slight confirmation i’m not crazy ! i can’t find it though :/ i used to be a part of one of those discord groups where leakers would just post random stuff. i wonder if i got it from there cause if i did i’m never hearing it again lol

56 minutes ago, Dum-Dum said:

Are you possibly thinking about the single version that was released during the Unsolved era? It’s barely different but it might be what you’re thinking of.

It’s been a long time since I’ve listened but I could’ve sworn she tweaked the vocal take a bit because it sounded like she was saying “erect together” lol and then she enunciated more so the album version sounded like “wreck”.

But it’s possible that I’m the one making this all up :toofloppy: Anyone remember this?

Yeah, as far as I'm aware we only have CXII version, Unsolved version and the "we haven't eaten gluten since 2009" demo.

The CXII is basically the same as the Unsolved, just different mixing and completely new vocal take.

自由になる自由がある

I pretty much enjoyed the MV, its very Allie X to me...

really don't know what y'all saw thats bad and tbh there are so many bad mv's out there (with high budget) and imo she did something very nice with what she had. Its sad she didn't see potential but thanks to the person who shared this after all these years <3