Jazzmin

Nicole Dollanganger

it's been almost a month & i'm still totally in love with this album. fave songs are tammy faye, snake, and beautiful & bad, with honorable mentions to chapel & my baby. LOVE the distorted high-pitched wailing in lacrymaria olor, but somehow i like that more than the whole song itself.

i love the way she re-worked the already existing songs & overall prefer the 2nd half of the album to the 1st in terms of sound/aesthetic, but my only criticism is that the 2 halves don't really feel cohesive. it's like listening to 2 different albums - which could have been an intentional choice, but i kinda doubt that; or if it was, i don't think the idea was very well accomplished - even the sound quality & volume of the mix are different, and the transition from heart shaped bed to snake is jarring. like, we totally hear/feel the time lapse between the first 5 songs & the last. i read her stereogum profile/interview and it def seems like she had a hard time finishing this album due to now having a bigger audience/touring & fearing being criticized bc of her morbid/un-PC themes, so that could explain it, idk.

anyway. tl;dr, the album isn't perfect but i still love it & will be playing the shit out of it this winter. <3

♡ I had a dream that I was fine, I wasn't crazy, I was divine ♡                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

I'm so excited for all of these!

♡ I had a dream that I was fine, I wasn't crazy, I was divine ♡                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

I dont know why there wasn't a thread for her yet but, yeah. I love this artist. She means a lot to me and her music reminds me so much of a few months ago when i was in a really dark place. I love her rawness and the fact that she's almost a bootleg Lana Del Rey but in the best possible way. Go check out her music!

my personal fav

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e