lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence Tracklist Discussion

Mental illness is nothing to be ashamed of.

At any rate, as a long time fan of VAST, I have a feeling that Jon Crosby (lead singer) simply enjoys the attention from potential new fans, and he (no offense to him) wants to keep them coming around in uncertainty for as long as possible. If he said "no" right away, no one would come asking, hence no more curious, potential fans diving into his discography, which I all suggest you do anyway. If it really is a cover, then... cool beans.

I pity your lack of class.

I pity your lack of class.

Says the person who seems to readily disregard input from people who aren't in the same "class" as them. I have more than 15 posts now, is my opinion more valid to the world now? Anyway, I'm not stinking up this thread anymore.

-ee2d9580-7598-4404-9504-3aa2f3c28023.gi

Says the person who seems to readily disregard input from people who aren't in the same "class" as them. I have more than 15 posts now, is my opinion more valid to the world now? Anyway, I'm not stinking up this thread anymore.

-ee2d9580-7598-4404-9504-3aa2f3c28023.gi

When you bring up mental illness into your posts, you disqualify yourself for further discussion anyway.

When you bring up mental illness into your posts, you disqualify yourself for further discussion anyway.

It's ok, if you don't like what he has to say then ignore him. And because he had 15~ posts doesn't make him irrelevant. It just means he isn't online as frequently.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

This album needs to come out before everyone kills each other.

Inb4 "ultraviolence" joke.

:lel: :lel: :le: :omfg2: :omfg2: HAHAHAHAHA YAS SO TRUE!

The ultraviolence ummlol.gif

Or the ultra violence. Like, there is ultra violence going on about Ultraviolence. 

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

I mean, I know just about everyone's speculating it to be in "Ultraviolence," but I'm actually wondering if we might get surprised and see it on another track like "Shades of Cool," maybe "Pretty When You Cry" (which I think just by lyric/song-title association would be dark as fuck.) But I'm sure "Ultraviolence" is will be more likely,

I'm hoping either "Sad Girl" or "Pretty When You Cry"

I hope SG has the disposition Lana has in "All Smiles," like, she puts on a brave-face but really, she's sad and just trying to keep her pride.

Also, I think it's really cute how most of the song titles are similar to what you would see in the track-listing of a '50s songbird's record. I really love a lot of the contradiction/contrasting nature of UV so far. Bradley said this era's dark and fucked, and I'm wet-dreaming about this era until it releases, and hopefully forever afterwards.

I did a couples posts on the (now dead than the most popular thread here Lanalyses that LDR's songs are mostly about people she met/knew and the world that surrounds her. IMO that's why her songs are rich and she has endless material even if is divided and sub divided in recurrent themes. It's personal in the sense Lana wrote all those songs and relates to all those stories yet is not that personal because a lot of her material are other people's stories. I don't think Ultraviolence is any different , its the world that surrounds her and is bipolar: ultraviolent and ultrahappy. I expect music with contradictions and subliminal social and political jabs National Anthem style. 

glgcDdT.gif

I have a friend (Sara), who has a friend (Kiana), who has a sister, who has a roommate (Robbie) that supposedly wrote a song for Lana.

He played the song on the piano for all three of them, and my friend said that it sounded really beautiful.

Sadly, she doesn't remember any of the lyrics.

Idk where I'm going with this..

Edit: she told me this back in 2013 lol

:thankyou: :brows:

1. Cruel World

2. Ultraviolence

3. Shades Of Cool

4. Brooklyn Baby

5. West Coast

6. Sad Girl

7. Pretty When You Cry

8. Money Power Glory

9. Fucked My Way Up To The Top

10. Old Money

11. The Other Woman

12. Black Beauty

13. Guns And Roses

14. Florida Kilos

15. Is This Happiness (iTunes Bonus Track)

16. Flipside (French deluxe CD)

17. West Coast (Radio Mix) [swedish deluxe CD]

1. Cruel World

2. Ultraviolence

3. Shades Of Cool

4. Brooklyn Baby

5. West Coast

6. Sad Girl

7. Pretty When You Cry

8. Money Power Glory

9. Fucked My Way Up To The Top

10. Old Money

11. The Other Woman

12. Black Beauty

13. Guns And Roses

14. Florida Kilos

15. Is This Happiness (iTunes Bonus Track)

16. Flipside (French deluxe CD)

17. West Coast (Radio Mix) [swedish deluxe CD]

THAT TRACKLIST.

tumblr_m7f2kex7uE1ryrkq3o2_r1_250.gif

I AM HOPING FOR DOWNLOAD CODES OR SOMETHING FOR THE BOXSET. THERE'S NO WAY THEY CAN'T.

OKAY THERE IS BUT...

tumblr_m7f2kex7uE1ryrkq3o2_r1_250.giftumblr_m7f2kex7uE1ryrkq3o2_r1_250.giftumblr_m7f2kex7uE1ryrkq3o2_r1_250.gif