Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

49 minutes ago, revadece said:

who chemtrails title track could be about? got me intrigued after her messing with the lyrics during amsterdam concert recently lol

Most likely Sean because she wrote that song when they were dating (she first teased the song's lyrics in September/October 2019 in an Insta caption) because Sean's birthday is in December ("You're born in December and I'm born in June")

url%5D

1 minute ago, Embach said:

Most likely Sean because she wrote that song when they were dating (she first teased the song's lyrics in September/October 2019 in an Insta caption) because Sean's birthday is in December ("You're born in December and I'm born in June")

tbh i'm pretty sure every chemtrails/bb (obviously not outtakes) song is about sean and so is a&w, the grants (the first verse), and sweet. she's really hung up on that nasty old cop for no reason:bebe:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

So tonight we got it confirmed that Chemtrails is indeed about Sean. Considering what happened (according to Lana, him cheating on her and getting married while they were attending couple’s therapy), I understand why she hasn’t sung the song live until very recently. 

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

On 7/6/2023 at 10:36 AM, taco truck said:

tbh i'm pretty sure every chemtrails/bb (obviously not outtakes) song is about sean and so is a&w, the grants (the first verse), and sweet. she's really hung up on that nasty old cop for no reason:bebe:

Don't forget Ocean Blvd... :thumb3:

What's interesting to me is... he got married in January 2022. Her new lyrics from tonight suggest he got married while they were still together... That would have been post-Blue Banisters livestream.

13 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

Don't forget Ocean Blvd... :thumb3:

What's interesting to me is... he got married in January 2022. Her new lyrics from tonight suggest he got married while they were still together... That would have been post-Blue Banisters livestream.

Every couple that ought to marry, engage first so maybe a long engagement it was i think

It would also explain why the original music video for Blue Banisters never got released. I’ve always wondered what it looked like, the teaser was so pretty, but now I’m glad it never was released and they recorded a new one.

EDIT: NEVER MIND, I forgot that was Clay and not Sean. :toofloppy:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

2 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

It would also explain why the original music video for Blue Banisters never got released. I’ve always wondered what it looked like, the teaser was so pretty, but now I’m glad it never was released and they recorded a new one.

The OG BB MV had Clay(ton?), not Sean, right?

13 minutes ago, rocknrollgroupie said:

I think he’s the man Lana wrote more songs about… like it’s easier to ask which song on her last 3 albuns is NOT about him:icant:

Am I crazy cause I feel like she has very few songs that I could say like ‘yup that’s about Sean’ 

it’s just Tulsa Jesus freak and A&W that i can tell are obviously about him

edit: oh and yes Chemtrails as we now know

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

57 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

EDIT: NEVER MIND, I forgot that was Clay and not Sean. :toofloppy:

They do look alike, don’t worry

5 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

Am I crazy cause I feel like she has very few songs that I could say like ‘yup that’s about Sean’ 

it’s just Tulsa Jesus freak and A&W that i can tell are obviously about him

edit: oh and yes Chemtrails as we now know

textbook and bb too probably

She said in a livestream that he was perceived as everything she wasn’t, “sunshiny and on the right side of the law”. The lyrics of some songs added to that totally makes it look like he was the kind to try to change the partner:

-”If I could be more like you I would” “Don’t turn me into something I’m not” “Don’t tell me to be glad I really hate that”

- “You made take all the pink of my toes and… you made me trade my violets for roses…”

-“ Do you think if I go blonde we could get our love back”

-

Also other  lyrics:

”Finally I met you so I’m not wondering why 💔

“So you say there’s a chance for us…” “You’re a family man BUT there’s always a but”

-

And, I think Sweet is about him too. “If I’m not there come to my house on Genesee”

I think it has a connection to Sportcruiser where she says “where our old apartment used to be, Genesee Genesee Genesee” “Big enough for me to see our future through
But it turned out I was the only one who could see it”

5 minutes ago, rocknrollgroupie said:

And, I think Sweet is about him too. “If I’m not there come to my house on Genesee”

I think it has a connection to Sportcruiser where she says “where our old apartment used to be, Genesee Genesee Genesee” “Big enough for me to see our future through
But it turned out I was the only one who could see it”

sportcruiser was written long before sean. im pretty sure most of the poems were writting during the LFL era but i could be wrong. 

1 hour ago, Poor Stacy said:

She was in relationship with Clay 2020-2021, allegedly she got engaged with him around Sean's birthday 2020 and posted a photo showing her ring. Then they broke up and Clay lowkey suggested she cheated on him. I don't think she got back to Sean after that. Maybe she meant to say engaged not married. Because otherwise it makes everything more complicated.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

6 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

sportcruiser was written long before sean. im pretty sure most of the poems were writting during the LFL era but i could be wrong. 

You’re right. I think she was still writing in early 2019, but before Sean anyway.

19 minutes ago, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

I think Text Book might be about Clay as she also mentions BLM and at that rally is where she met Clay (i could be wrong though)

I tihnk it is about Sean because of "You've got a Thunderbird","I was looking for the father I wanted back" and "Do you think if I go blonde we could get our old love back?" lines. 

They allegedly met with Clayton through a dating app.

Sean confirmed they broke up and they are hanging out as friends on March 2020, maybe BLM protests could be where they were still thinking if it's gonna work out or not or them friendly hanging out. "There we were, screamin', "Black Lives Matter" in a crowd, by the Old Man River and I saw you saw who I am" line would make sense. There were also specualtions they got back together in July 2020.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

17 minutes ago, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

I think Text Book might be about Clay as she also mentions BLM and at that rally is where she met Clay (i could be wrong though)

First time Clay entered the scene ( I think) was when he commented something thirsty on her ig lmao and we noticed she followed him back. That was end of August, she was with Sean in July and BLM was June.