Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

I've been hesitant to post this for a while because if it is true then it destroys a lot of theories, but I spoke to someone who dates Jimmy's son and she told me that Jimmy and Lana never dated. I asked her to tell me that story and this is what she said:

'Lana always was like obsessed with jimmy. She would always go to his shows and try to get him interested in her but jimmy would always turn her down because he wasn't interested. Since he was kinda off and on with his girlfriend and what not. And so her obsession just drove her to make a song about him. And it's really funny cause jimmy barely knows her and he found the song amusing actually. It's like this whole big joke. Especially since his son (my ex/friend whatever) has the same name. Just an overall amusing topic especially when I would see people thinking they actually dated. I finally broke though cause I felt bad with no one knowin the truth so there ya have it haha'

I don't know if anyone will believe me, but that's what she said to me. I spoke to her on twitter btw. I don't see any reason why she'd make this up, and it seems very possible. Yayo could still be about Jimmy, but maybe it's more a fantasy lana had... trust me I was really disappointed to read this haha 

But, didn't Jimmy share the song on his myspace page?

Did he do it because it was so funny then? :oprah2:

I've been hesitant to post this for a while because if it is true then it destroys a lot of theories, but I spoke to someone who dates Jimmy's son and she told me that Jimmy and Lana never dated. I asked her to tell me that story and this is what she said:

'Lana always was like obsessed with jimmy. She would always go to his shows and try to get him interested in her but jimmy would always turn her down because he wasn't interested. Since he was kinda off and on with his girlfriend and what not. And so her obsession just drove her to make a song about him. And it's really funny cause jimmy barely knows her and he found the song amusing actually. It's like this whole big joke. Especially since his son (my ex/friend whatever) has the same name. Just an overall amusing topic especially when I would see people thinking they actually dated. I finally broke though cause I felt bad with no one knowin the truth so there ya have it haha'

I don't know if anyone will believe me, but that's what she said to me. I spoke to her on twitter btw. I don't see any reason why she'd make this up, and it seems very possible. Yayo could still be about Jimmy, but maybe it's more a fantasy lana had... trust me I was really disappointed to read this haha 

fuck no i seriously hope it's not true ahhh kinda wished i hadn't read it but thank you for posting it

i didn't know jimmy had kids, are you 100000% sure this person is legit?

ah sorry i'm just in denial right now

but then again i've never seen pictures of jimmy with lana...

tumblr_mnotclIc9L1s7mwiio4_500.gif

fuck no i seriously hope it's not true ahhh kinda wished i hadn't read it but thank you for posting it

i didn't know jimmy had kids, are you 100000% sure this person is legit?

ah sorry i'm just in denial right now

but then again i've never seen pictures of jimmy with lana...

According to Wikipedia, he has 2. Pictures of him with his daughter are easy to find, but I still haven't seen any of his son.

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

Probably 65% (or less?) of what she sings about is autobiographical and the rest is possibly a fantasy, and I think the fact that there are no pictures of her and Jimmy explains it. Thanks for sharing the information! Really interesting.

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

JG is still a great song, tho :crossed:

The fact that JG is (possibly maybe) about a stalkerish platonic obsession instead of an actual relationship doesn't make the song any less interesting for me; on the contrary, actually.

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

If you guys want I can ask for a photo of her and his son? idk she might find it a bit creepy and I probably shouldn't post it this forum if she did send it to me. I'll talk to her right now and see if I can get any more information or anything. I just see no reason why she would make all this up, I'm sorry if I shattered anyones theories  :icant:

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto1_500.jpg

ok I asked her if she would be willing to give me a photo to post here and she said she didnt really feel comfortable, which is what i expected, because it is weird hahah 

but if any of you want proof she said you can follow her on instagram and theres photos of them on there @sydneylarsenn but shes going on holidays for a few days or something so it might take a few days to accept you 

I saw the photo and he looks like jimmy's son, she's telling the truth sorry guys  :heidi:

but yeah as trash said they definitely had encounters and she had a massive crush on him and went to heaps of his shows and talked to him and tried to get him interested in her if that's any consolation 

Especially since his son (my ex/friend whatever) has the same name.

I think she's about 18-20 from the looks of her photo

Well, that much at least adds up.

From an OURS discussion board, written back in 08:

"I am pretty sure his son's name is Jimmy too, no?

Some chick randomly messaged me on myspace, some 16 year old girl who goes to school with his son, she said."

"Jimmy's son is in fact named Jimmy. By the way, his son is 15 and his daughter, Zoe (pronounced Zoey), is 10 or 11."

There's also an interesting topic there called "...that Lana Del Rey song"; currently reading it.

It's more than just a broken heart story tbh.

The album is pretty much dedicated to her ex-boyfriend/presumed fiancé whom she had a long-term relationship with, Jimmy Gnecco.

He was a rock musician that left her alone to pursue his own music career (since he managed to get signed), which is what Blue Jeans pretty much describes. "Then they took you away, stole you outta my life, you just need to remember..."

Jimmy Gnecco was also a troubled man since the woman he was very committed to before lana (and also had a child with) ended her own life during the beginning of his career (apparently drunk driving or something along those lines), making him go through a stage where he refused to make music and just blamed himself for what happened.

Based on the tracks on the album, it looks like Jimmy took out his anger and depression about the whole situation towards Lana. Lana was deeply in love with him, but he neglected her because he still wasn't over his own wife's death.

Then, based on tracks like Dark Paradise, it looks like Lana feels like his wife's soul is haunting her through him (metaphorically, you know?) and Lana feels like she wishes she was dead instead of his ex-wife just so she could see jimmy live happily again and not dead. "Your soul is haunting me and telling me that everything is fine, but I wish I was dead (dead like you)" Yayo, Without You, and Summertime Sadness also fall along this theme.

The Born To Die video also seems to emulate a storyline where Lana gets killed in a car crash, possibly trying to represent lana putting herself in his ex-wife's footsteps. Jimmy also happens to look exactly like the model from BTD/BJ.

Here's his photo (from his facebook page):

Cmgrx.png

Now since Jimmy has completey neglected her from his life and lives on his own, Lana decided to start her own music career just to show him that she understands him and wants to be like/with him. In tracks like 'Radio', you could clearly see that is her intentions for her music career. "now my life is sweet like cinnamon, like a ****ing dream i'm living in, baby love me 'cause i'm playing on the radio."

Now IMHO, the whole Lolita/Bad Ass Girl persona is manufactured just so she could be more secure with herself and have him fall in love with her again more. Go back to listening to Lizzy Grant and she was a very insecure girl, maybe why Jimmy also didn't like her.

Now I'm too lazy to describe the rest of the tracks, but i'm sure you get the point. It's deep and filled with substance. It has an interesting backstory, too. Her older material also falls around this theme too, and one of the newly leaked songs "She's Not Me" kinda shades his dead ex... "When you think you over me, and your bad baby's dead and gone." I'm assuming his dead-ex was very badass, which is why she's depicting herself as that through her Lana Del Rey persona. Also video games hints at that, "I heard that you like the bad girls, honey. Is that true?"

So yeah. I explain this story to alot of people.

Someone's interpretation of BTD (mentioned in that OURS discussion board, where someone posted its original link). It's... interesting.

:noparty: :noparty: :noparty:

I'm more upset that they joke about her than the fact that the didn't appear to date :icant: How did you find his son/son's girlfriend? I mean, it could be a Lana stan posing...Doubtful, though.

This doesn't totally destroy my world, though. I sincerely doubt she made up K, although everyone believes that's the most preposterous relationship, simply because she name-dropped him in a time when her songs weren't really based too heavily in fantasy.

Those basic bitchs making fun of Lana is the joke itself :smokeney:

I always thought Lana was a good writer, with a good imagination that havd met interesting people through the years. I think is possible that she didn't actually date him just had a couple of hookups or something like that. Do you remember that in the Tartata interview (the one that she tells the french guy to shut up) she says she writes how things are and how she wanted them to be? Maybe with Jimmy is the case of how she wanted them to be.

glgcDdT.gif

Those basic bitchs making fun of Lana is the joke itself :smokeney:

I always thought Lana was a good writer, with a good imagination that havd met interesting people through the years. I think is possible that she didn't actually date him just had a couple of hookups or something like that. Do you remember that in the Tartata interview (the one that she tells the french guy to shut up) she says she writes how things are and how she wanted them to be? Maybe with Jimmy is the case of how she wanted them to be.

i agree 100% except I don't think they even hooked up or anything, I'm pretty sure he just completely ignored her and brushed her off as some pretty young girl 

i agree 100% except I don't think they even hooked up or anything, I'm pretty sure he just completely ignored her and brushed her off as some pretty young girl 

That also can be possible. I honestly don't think she lived 20% of her autobiographical songs. Don't get me wrong they are biographical IMO just not auto.

glgcDdT.gif