GuilhermeLewer

ULTRAVIOLENCE: ALBUM PREVIEW!

I got to admit, I stopped to hope anything about this record, but after hearing that snippets (not in full, just 15 scds each) I'm So happy to say it look ABSOLUTY PERFECT. PRETTY WHEN YOU CRY is my FAVORITE.

JUST
CAN'T
WAIT

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

I love Florida Kilos soo freaking much already.... like please it's the one I want. lol

I wont lie and say that I'm not a little apprehensive. Everything sounds slow(except FK) But I dont judge until I get the album. Even though slow gets boring sometimes and they all sound sorta slow, I'm sure I'll love the songs because I love Lana's voice.

Fucked and Old Money are giving me palpitations

Was Black Beauty re-recorded? Because it sounds so similar to the leaked version to me

Also, why do some of the songs credit her as Lana Del Rey and the others credit her as Elizabeth Grant?

l2Sq4K7gijMLVChUI.gif

I'll repost it...

Alright, I had to, I just had to listen to them. My opinions...

Cruel World: The snippet is meh, but I can tell it would be much better in the full version. I mean, it's six minutes long, you can't compress greatness from a six-minute-long song in a few seconds, you just can't!

Sad Girl: It sounds like it will be my new Million Dollar Man! Hope the instrumental comes out soon because I'm gonna need something to perform it with.It also sounds higher than Million Dollar Man so I might not need to order it in a higher key! But the song itself sounds so cool!!!!!!  :omg:  :omg:

Pretty When You Cry: So, it turned out not to be the Vast song. I don't know, it's lacking something that is necessary. Again, it's probably just the snippet-sized version of the song that we are hearing.

Money Power Glory: This song contains a bolder beat. A lot of the previous songs were lacking this.

Fucked My Way To The Top: Skipped. I'm leaving this for last  :brows:

Old Money: Sounds alright but it is hard to judge from the snippet.

The Other Woman: It has that vinyl feel like someone said previously and it goes so well!

Black Beauty: Is it even different?  :um: What was that about a missing piano? All I hear is Lana's voice and a n organ which is a variation of a piano...  :um: I think the only difference is her inhaling sounds. Actually, lemme listen to the demo...  :um: Actually, I don't know what the person earlier was going on about, there is absolutely no differenceNo difference at all! Even her breathing is the same! Are we all sure she re-recorded it?

Guns And Roses: It is OK. It sounds like it will pick up in the chorus which sounds like was just cut off. 

Florida Kilos: It actually includes a good instrumental backing

Fucked My Way To The Top: A proper beat! It sounds like it would pick up later on in the song so I'm excited to hear that, along with Guns And Roses.

The thing a lot of the tracks are lacking are a bold instrumental backing (I mean the music). They all sound like ballads. What happened to the cinematic sounds? Was that just the Born To Die era thing? I don't know, I think a strong backing music is vital for songs, regardless the genre.

I agree for the most part. Everything does sound super slow and lacking the instrumental backing! Except Florida Kilos which I'm most excited for. We cant do anything but wait to judge truly, for the full songs to truly judge. The other woman sounds idk tho...

Out of all these snippets, I'm mostly excited for the Old Money, Money Power Glory, and Florida Kilos . At first I was kinda bummed that Lana was moving away from the lux sound of BTD, but damn-- the guitar and underground band vibes I'm getting from UV sounds promising. 

It's never 2 late 2 be the things that u might've been* i'll sing till u fall asleep- u try and remember when*the future looked lush and sweet

They just made Black Beauty sound more lq and they removed the various fx-sound samples or what ever that thing in the background was (you can hear it at 0:34 in the demo it's some sort of guitar thing i think).

i76mrxw.png 

Old Money made me cry because it's Methamphetamines  :deadbanana:  :deadbanana:  :deadbanana:

I hope the original lyrics from Methamphetamines are there too  :hdu:

considering she's credited as ldr on every track except old money where she's lizzy grant, i wouldn't rule that out tbh.

ALSO anyone notice the absence of Edward Gallegos's name on the writing credits :lel:

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Florida Kilos is such a banging song. You know I mean. Hate to be vulgar, but, ya know...

Hahaha! I agree! Exactly what I thought when I first heard it, she even sings fiercely sexually, especially on the "feel you, pretty baby, feel me" part!! Damn I'm so excited for this song most of all

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

I admit I'm pretty surprised by what I am reading here...we can't judge songs from 30 second snippets?

Well I can, I love them all! Brooklyn Baby is even better than I expected, and Old Money sounds really beautiful, it reminds me of Y&B, it has that epic vibe to it.

I know what I have to know, this album is gonna be perfect and I'm going to listen to it for years to come. :kris:

But....Black Beauty kind of seems to be the same? O.o

I hope not....

May be because she registered the song when she was still going as Lizzy Grant.

Why is just Old Money credited to Elizabeth Grant, but the rest Lana Del Rey?

Loving The Other Woman.

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

ALSO anyone notice the absence of Edward Gallegos's name on the writing credits :lel:

...which is why the issue of uncredited writers is so important to him. :troll:

Why is just Old Money credited to Elizabeth Grant, but the rest Lana Del Rey?

May be because she registered the song when she was still going as Lizzy Grant.

Not true. It's been registered for about a year.

"Methamphetamines", not "Old Money".

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

The beginning of Money Power Glory reminded me of Million Dollar Man. 

Overall though, I agree, they sound like they all go together. 

(no comment on Black Beauty  :bored: )