The Lucky Ones

Kesha

Oh, lol. I wasn't even meaning to bump the thread. I was just thinking about how upsetting it is that everyone loves Warrior so much more than Animal, so I used that emote. 

:defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:

I don't love it so much more than Animal, but I definitely think it's more diverse and a development in terms of making her music better.

If you've listened to one song on Animal, you've listened to them all :clapback:

Right. Because Boots & Boys totally sounds like Kiss 'n' Tell. Hungover totally sounds like Stephen. Animal sounds exactly like Your Love Is My Drug. Backstabber and Take It Off might as well be the same song. Party at a Rich Dude's House sounds SO MUCH! like TiK ToK. CUNxTuesday sounds just like Dancing With Tears In My Eyes.

Only a few of the songs on Animal share a handful of the same characteristics. Sit down. Warrior is just as guilty of having a few sister songs on it as Animal. Fuck, it's even moreso, honestly. Just because an album has more diversity doesn't mean it's better than a cohesive work. That's an opinion. Any artist can be diverse in their music; being able to do that doesn't make them good. They're both good albums that are styled completely differently, but they both fall short in some areas and they both have songs that sound similar to each other on their tracklist.

I know you're just annoying me because that's what you do but I'm gonna make this list so that the next time you want to push my buttons, you have to be more creative. Here are the songs on both albums that are basically sisters, based on production and overall sound.

Animal

• Your Love Is My Drug / Kiss 'n' Tell
  • TiK ToK / Blah Blah Blah (kind of similar, not really sisters though)
  • Boots & Boys / VIP

Warrior

• Warrior / Supernatural
  • Gold Trans Am / Dirty Love
  • All That Matters / Out Alive (this hurt, but it's true... I'm sorry, Out Alive)
  • C'mon / Die Young (kind of similar, more than TiK ToK & Blah Blah Blah)

Oh, look at that! Looks like Warrior has more sister songs than Animal. Which is more diverse now? :umadney:

Anyway, I understand how Warrior would seem more diverse to many people, considering Ke$ha threw a few rock-tinged songs into the album. Honestly though, that really doesn't matter & there really aren't that many. The mentality I imagine when people believe that is "0mG SH3 usEd gu!taR in th1$ s0nG nD !t s0unDs le!k r0cK, l0l, $0 oRigin@l nD D!ver$E." You can release a pop album and still retain diversity between the songs on it. Maybe it's not diversity of genres, but it's still diversity.

14417469274.gif

Right. Because Boots & Boys totally sounds like Kiss 'n' Tell. Hungover totally sounds like Stephen. Animal sounds exactly like Your Love Is My Drug. Backstabber and Take It Off might as well be the same song. Party at a Rich Dude's House sounds SO MUCH! like TiK ToK. CUNxTuesday sounds just like Dancing With Tears In My Eyes.

Only a few of the songs on Animal share a handful of the same characteristics. Sit down. Warrior is just as guilty of having a few sister songs on it as Animal. Fuck, it's even moreso, honestly. Just because an album has more diversity doesn't mean it's better than a cohesive work. That's an opinion. Any artist can be diverse in their music; being able to do that doesn't make them good. They're both good albums that are styled completely differently, but they both fall short in some areas and they both have songs that sound similar to each other on their tracklist.

I know you're just annoying me because that's what you do but I'm gonna make this list so that the next time you want to push my buttons, you have to be more creative. Here are the songs on both albums that are basically sisters, based on production and overall sound.

Animal

• Your Love Is My Drug / Kiss 'n' Tell
  • TiK ToK / Blah Blah Blah (kind of similar, not really sisters though)
  • Boots & Boys / VIP

Warrior

• Warrior / Supernatural
  • Gold Trans Am / Dirty Love
  • All That Matters / Out Alive (this hurt, but it's true... I'm sorry, Out Alive)
  • C'mon / Die Young (kind of similar, more than TiK ToK & Blah Blah Blah)

Oh, look at that! Looks like Warrior has more sister songs than Animal. Which is more diverse now? :umadney:

Anyway, I understand how Warrior would seem more diverse to many people, considering Ke$ha threw a few rock-tinged songs into the album. Honestly though, that really doesn't matter & there really aren't that many. The mentality I imagine when people believe that is "0mG SH3 usEd gu!taR in th1$ s0nG nD !t s0unDs le!k r0cK, l0l, $0 oRigin@l nD D!ver$E." You can release a pop album and still retain diversity between the songs on it. Maybe it's not diversity of genres, but it's still diversity.

tl;dr :lolliney:

Animal is perfection and Warrior is really good. Ke$ha is not the best voice (actually autotunes is her life savior) , not the pretty super sexy girl but she is fun and full of personality. And that can give her longevity.  Ke$ha in my opinion is just super cool. My little sexy pop in a Fiona kind of way. Her lyrics are  ironic  she writes about mundane situations taking them over the top. I love her. She will never be the super ultra star which is just fine. She will be around for a long time as long as we have clubs and parties to attend. I saw many different concerts/artists live  and Ke$ha is pretty awsome. You don't stop jumping and having fun for the whole thing. Is pop in it's prime if you ask me.

glgcDdT.gif

Ke$ha is not the best voice (actually autotunes is her life savior)

She has a great voice for whoever bothers to listen to anything other than her singles. 

She will never be the super ultra star which is just fine.

Who are some super ultra stars then? Because Ke$ha didn't have record-breaking single sales to be considered anything other than one of the biggest super ultra stars of the decade. I don't think you're giving her as much credit as she deserves. 

14417469274.gif

She has a great voice for whoever bothers to listen to anything other than her singles. 

Who are some super ultra stars then? Because Ke$ha didn't have record-breaking single sales to be considered anything other than one of the biggest super ultra stars of the decade. I don't think you're giving her as much credit as she deserves. 

Edition is everything isn't it? My pro loving coment almost sounds like a bitchy one with the edit mode...anyway

I don't think her voice is that good. Never said was bad but far from really good to the point she is able to make a live show whithout autotune. That is not a critic is just what I think from seeing her live. Doesn't make Ke$ha less good in anyway. Understand also that most artists in Brazil (national) don't lipsync. Not even pop rock. We have a very diverse, rich and really good national music. Most of them sing live and have really good voices. From the indie ones to the mainstream. So is impossible to not see that fact as somewhat a base of comparison. To me a really good voice is Pink, Marina, Aguilera. People that can make a live show easily. But Ke$ha is my beloved Fiona. SHe is the most fun of them all. I identify a lot with Ke$ha "sonically" and personally"

She is not as famous internationally as Rihanna, Gaga or Katy.Everyone knows who Ke$ha is but if you ask people to name 5 songs from Ke$ha, Rihanna, Gaga or Katy I think most won't be able to name or sing versus of 5 ke$ha songs. That is what I mean by not being the super ultra star. And by no meanings THAT IS A BAD THING. Means she is not that over exposed or a variety of her songs don't get much radio time. Variety! Not that she doesn't get radio time because she obviously does. Is only what I think anyway based in my opinion and some facts I experienced with no numbers to prove it

glgcDdT.gif

I don't think her voice is that good.

Have you listened to Wonderland, Animal, Past Lives, or anything from the Deconstructed EP? That should change your mind.

Never said was bad but far from really good to the point she is able to make a live show whithout autotune. That is not a critic is just what I think from seeing her live.

I haven't seen her live so I can't really say anything about it here.

To me a really good voice is Pink, Marina, Aguilera.

:toofunny:

She is not as famous internationally as Rihanna, Gaga or Katy.Everyone knows who Ke$ha is but if you ask people to name 5 songs from Ke$ha, Rihanna, Gaga or Katy I think most won't be able to name or sing versus of 5 ke$ha songs. That is what I mean by not being the super ultra star. And by no meanings THAT IS A BAD THING. Means she is not that over exposed or a variety of her songs don't get much radio time. Variety! Not that she doesn't get radio time because she obviously does. Is only what I think anyway based in my opinion and some facts I experienced with no numbers to prove it

Rihanna puts out an album every 5 seconds, so of course she's still relevant lol. All three of them have been around longer than Ke$ha though & have more music so of course they're a bit more popular.

I know she doesn't have the vocal chops like some other artists but she still has a really pleasing voice if you listen to the songs where the vocal editing is tuned down or completely off. 

14417469274.gif

Well to be fair, Ke$ha, Katy, and Gaga's lead singles all came out within a year of each other. Rihanna's the only one who has been in the industry for a notably longer time. Though I certainly consider ol' K$ above Katy and Rih :wtf2:

Talking about being a global star: I think "party girl" has no longevity at all, which is one of the reasons I'm really pleased with her soemwhat ditching that on Warrior. Hope she keeps going down that road and has more freedom on her next album. Sadly, it looks like Warrior isn't doing any amazing sales or revolutionizing, but she has the potential to with less Dr. Luke.

Well to be fair, Ke$ha, Katy, and Gaga's lead singles all came out within a year of each other. Rihanna's the only one who has been in the industry for a notably longer time. Though I certainly consider ol' K$ above Katy and Rih :wtf2:

Talking about being a global star: I think "party girl" has no longevity at all, which is one of the reasons I'm really pleased with her soemwhat ditching that on Warrior. Hope she keeps going down that road and has more freedom on her next album. Sadly, it looks like Warrior isn't doing any amazing sales or revolutionizing, but she has the potential to with less Dr. Luke.

Katy started around '06, if I remember correctly. Gaga around '07/'08 I think, and Ke$ha was late '09. I'm not trying to argue here - just curious. Does that sound right to you? I could be off, idk. I'd say that Gaga is a more accomplished artist, I just prefer Ke$ha. She's more fun IMO. I think she has more longevity than you guys are saying. She'll have at least one smash hit per album. TiK ToK was it for Animal & I think Die Young will be the most accomplished from Warrior. I hope not though, I'd love for anything else she puts on the radio to do well. 

14417469274.gif

Katy started around '06, if I remember correctly. Gaga around '07/'08 I think, and Ke$ha was late '09. I'm not trying to argue here - just curious. Does that sound right to you? I could be off, idk. I'd say that Gaga is a more accomplished artist, I just prefer Ke$ha. She's more fun IMO. I think she has more longevity than you guys are saying. She'll have at least one smash hit per album. TiK ToK was it for Animal & I think Die Young will be the most accomplished from Warrior. I hope not though, I'd love for anything else she puts on the radio to do well.

Katy started in 2008 with I Kissed A Girl, 20 days after Just Dance dropped. IKAG became an instant hit while Just Dance was a sleeper hit

BzhmW.png

Katy started in 2008 with I Kissed A Girl, 20 days after Just Dance dropped. IKAG became an instant hit while Just Dance was a sleeper hit

You serious?? I could've sworn IKAG was '06 - I remember it from middle school. Weird. 

14417469274.gif

What Andrew said, I stanned for all of their first albums (even Katy :horror:)

Yeah, looks like her lead singles are invariably going to do the best. I'm saying she will have longevity, if she continues to grow. I'm beginning to realize that pop isn't even the genre she's the best at, which is very interesting.

What Andrew said, I stanned for all of their first albums (even Katy :horror:)

Yeah, looks like her lead singles are invariably going to do the best. I'm saying she will have longevity, if she continues to grow. I'm beginning to realize that pop isn't even the genre she's the best at, which is very interesting.

Yeah OOTB was good Katy, not this crap she's pumping out

BzhmW.png