PrettyBaby

Share Your General/Non-Lana Playlists

There may be similar threads out there, but my intent is to create a place to showcase our favorite genres, subgenres, decades, themes, etc... be as general, specific, or inaccurate as you like! ;)

I Love 80s Prog Rock

1. Juke Box Hero - Foreigner

2. Tom Sawyer - Rush

3. Jane - Jefferson Starship

4. Ah! Leah! - Donnie Iris

5. The Logical Song - Supertramp

6. Rockin' the Paradise - Styx

7. Fight the Good Fight - Triumph

8. Who's Behind the Door - Zebra

9. In the Mood - Robert Plant

10. It Can Happen - Yes

11. Sole Survivour - Asia

12. Only the Young - Journey

13. If You Want My Love - Cheap Trick

14. Keep On Loving You - REO Speedwagon

15. Wind Him Up - Saga

16. Fantasy - Aldo Nova

17. Flash - Queen

I chose this among my all-time favorite playlists, not because the 80s was the zenith of progressive rock (that was the 70s), but because some of these are the songs that made me begin to seriously fall in love with music.

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

I wish I listen to that many different artists xd I basically listen to the same one ( Lana, Lady Gaga, La Roux, Amy Winehouse, Coeur de Pirate, Tom Odell, Marina and the Diamonds xd)

Sounds like a playlist in the making to me :D

I have a few I would like to share:

sdh6id.jpg

This one is about success after working hard for what you want.

1zwjiwy.jpg

This one is for songs that are good to hear during Winter time.

16aeb6t.jpg

This one is for songs that are good to hear during Summer time.  (I forgot to add Rococo by Arcade Fire, Cardiac Arrest by Bad Suns, I'm Not Alone by Calvin Harris and #Nasty by TOSTB).

16gzswz.jpg

This one is for songs that are good to hear during the Fall.

The Summer one I started in 2013, so every summer I'll add more to it, same for Fall and Winter (Which i started 2013) .  For Spring Season I didn't like the one I made, so I'm restarting in Spring 2015.

All of them repeat Singers but my music catalog has been growing fast.

Just my kind of thread, PB :D I wish I could ask for as much advice in here as I can ask for in the Lana thread, but I can't assume everyone has every song I'm referencing.

Here's one of my favorites though, been working on it since like last year. Night time listening, mostly electronic stuff.

FZtiWEK.png

I usually make a playlist every summer but this summer I only got halfway through so it's a bit short... Mostly upbeat/happy songs, a few moody-girl tunes, and the occasional throwback all of which I can jam to in the car.

1180v0l.jpg

REQUEST: Does anyone have any playlists for relaxation/down time? Like songs you can listen to whilst soaking in the tub?  :)

Sorry, I meant to get back to you... I guess I don't listen to various artist playlists when I want to relax, but my daughter and I love this Elizabeth Mitchell playlist (folk/acoustic) at bedtime. (Sort of children's lullabies, but sort of accessible to grownups too!)

ElizabethMitchellLullabies_zps1d1e6ad5.j

What kind of music do you like to relax to?

So this one is just all of my favourite songs (you know, the ones you REALLY love) arranged in a way I think it sounds pleasing.

kqujfgo5.jpg

And here are two of my favourite "Various Artists" playlists, which I really like to play either when I am in a sad mood or when I want to slow down a bit.

ujvp9pqu.jpg

flp5n95x.png

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

This week I finally managed to get digital copies of my favorite K-Tel compilation, Rock 80! I used to listen to this on cassette over and over...

Rock80_500_zpsaf7bc704.jpg

It's a blast from the past of my childhood. The other 12 people on the internet who remember it, remember it fondly.

A few of these specific track versions were hard to find or never made available on CD or mp3 :crossed: Bless the old-timers on YouTube who rip their vinyls :woot:

Rock 80

1. Cars - Gary Numan

2. Brass in Pocket - The Pretenders

3. Driver's Seat - Sniff 'n' the Tears

4. Cruel to Be Kind - Nick Lowe

5. Is She Really Going Out with Him? - Joe Jackson

6. Heartbreaker - Pat Benatar

7. Call Me - Blondie

8. Do You Remember Rock and Roll Radio - The Ramones

9. My Sharona - The Knack

10. I Want You to Want Me (live) - Cheap Trick

11. Hold On - Ian Gomm

12. One Way Or Another - Blondie

13. We Live for Love (original LP mix) - Pat Benatar

14. Pop Muzik - M

#punkrawkpop #prepussypowerpussypower :bop:

*I checked if there's already a playlist thread and I didn't find one. If I missed it, I'm sorry and please link me to it?*

I thought it would be a cool idea to have a thread where we can share our Spotify playlists. 

I'm especially talking about the ones that we have created on our own – but feel free to also share other good playlists that you can't stop listening to.

I myself love creating playlists and I'm sure many of you guys do as well. But what makes discovering great new artists and songs even more fun is the ability to share your discoveries with a community.

So, everyone who uses Spotify and does playlists, I would love for you to join in and share them.

I mostly do monthly playlists. I will create a playlist at the beginning of a month and update it whenever I discover a new song that I love.

Here's a link to my Spotify account. (Let's follow each other!)

And here are some of my most recent playlists:

I have a couple

1) "Feeling Like Lana Del Rey", a shared playlist that consists of songs and artists Lana spoke about https://open.spotify.com/user/blindingskies/playlist/2kIlL7SEnhGh4jfj5vjY6k?si=qHVRgP-mTN6kmUBTleGceQ

2) "Mood" with a bunch of more stripped bandy songs https://open.spotify.com/user/odzi_wo/playlist/45CartwSwR6bdH7zeiQ5Qe?si=raugebB4TeifJDQfwILSrw

3) "Girly" for lesbian anthems https://open.spotify.com/user/odzi_wo/playlist/4F2WxmMfN7xJfXC4fgWga2?si=cy5Sq7y_TseNyilH0mu1bA

4) "Apricots", a playlist inspired by Call Me By Your Name https://open.spotify.com/user/odzi_wo/playlist/6VctTlMqmDZfkj2OfdRZVF?si=qLbOY-f9TPybidTi4Cwq0A

5) "Peace Sign" for all the inspiring psychedelic/hippie/I don't know anymore songs https://open.spotify.com/user/odzi_wo/playlist/3guFgUZ6j4ydpJar8VZTx9?si=3ZPl6FRBTmuj23cx4oldgg

+ we already have Lanaboards shared playlist, contribute! https://open.spotify.com/user/21cqlo4v2uisnpyxermqtzrka/playlist/6aNRJjaz39HWw0r2bw68Di?si=3nq92IcyTZSzuxF7TT5zRA

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

give me fucking music to listen to im sick of listening to depressing jazz and blues 

(here are some of my favorite playlists)
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/30VXjrhMipSEa6zRvTy279?si=8e6b235e9dc04694

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2Opa2MlGqtGX6YNntLwJmr?si=0f3f33f6522d4b39