Dopeanddiamonds

Lana Del Rey to be covered in American Horror Story

Seriously y'all need to chill about the whole Jim Morrison thing

It's not like it's gonna send the characters spiraling "Who is this Jim Morrison???" "What did he do???"and suddenly change to AHS: DIscovering Jim Morrison

It's really not that big of a deal. Just enjoy the show!

It's not like it's gonna send the characters spiraling "Who is this Jim Morrison???" "What did he do???"and suddenly change to AHS: DIscovering Jim Morrison

Would be funny tho ...

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I saw a couple of clips and it looks fabulous. La Lange is heavenly and it doesn't matter if her voice is not like Lana's to me. It seems she's going for a Dietrich vibe.

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

This killed me. :toofunny:

Omg... To everyone freaking out that the song says Jim Morrison... It's really not a big deal. Half our generation doesn't know who that is anyway.

Also, It's obvious Ryan Murphy does what he wants. Did anyone see Coven? That season was a MESS and people still loved it.

Hm, her Life On Mars cover definitly was way better.

I think her voice doesn't really fit the song and the lyric changes "messed up holiday" and "oh yeah" really take out a lot of dynamics and makes the lines sound flat.+

I mean, ok, it wouldn't have fit her and her character if she used the f-word, but why choose a song with so much explicity then? The change to the "fucked hard" line is not as severe, it still sounds ok.

And if they change that much, why not change the anachronism Jim Morrison line aswell?

I also think they've overdone the accent on this one, even if you are german you can sing a word without sounding clippy.

The only thing I really like is what they did to the instrumental, it sounds great without straying to far from the original.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I think it's a good cover, but I don't know whether I'll ever listen to it again. That said, the 'looking to get fucked hard' line is not a throwaway line for shock value - it actually holds a lot of the meaning of the song. Changing it to 'hit' actually makes it shocking for shock's sake, and doesn't fit. Otherwise, it will be good for Lana and might revive Paradise.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

I like it...her voice reminds me of Nico's. I wonder if that was intentional.

Listening to it again, I think she definitely based some of her phrasing on Nico - most of it is generic 'German accent', but some lines have that over-exaggerated Nico 'Laaaaaaaawst'.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

I can't find the source, and I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but Ryan Murphy said he chose the artists he did for this season based on how they feel about themselves - in the sense that Bowie, Apple, and Del Rey see themselves as outcasts, or different. I thought it was interesting.

It's actually pretty good, keep in mind she's an old white lady faking an accent.

What does this comment even mean? I thought Lana was white as well so I can't see how that is relevant :uh:

Anyway, the cover was kinda disappointing. Not only the JM thing but the character singing 'messed up holiday' :facepalm:

I still want to see the episode, but I become more convinced every time that they covered this just for the sake of covering Lana... why did they even choose a song with such explicit lyrics (which they altered and resulted in a mess) and a modern day reference (which they could've changed since they changed the explicit words!) is beyond me...

:whatever: I'm giving this way more relevance than it really deserves tbh Somebody pls release something

ZmJh1LG.jpg