Dopeanddiamonds

Lana Del Rey to be covered in American Horror Story

still want to see the episode, but I become more convinced every time that they covered this just for the sake of covering Lana... why did they even choose a song with such explicit lyrics (which they altered and resulted in a mess) and a modern day reference (which they could've changed since they changed the explicit words!) is beyond me...

Yup, that's what I wanted to say ^^

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

To be honest I think this will be great as part of the episode, she sounds German singing it to me and that's her character. I don't love the cover as I think she would sound better singing it in her own accent but that wouldn't make sense for the show so I'm not bothered really.

qsVmBMd.png

WTF

The way she pronounces the words is horrendous, that accent :toofunny:

The effect on her voice makes her sound like she sings out of an old radio

The lyrical changes are awful

This did not make me inclined to watch the show :whatever:

"looking to get hit hard?" Like, seriously? :wtf:

I love Jessica Lange and I love Lana (what?!), so of course this was giving me life, but I really didn't like it. It wasn't just the lyrics, it was the vocal delivery and tbh I was kind of cringing throughout the whole thing. I'm not pointing fingers at Jessica because she's not a musician, but yeah, no. I was so excited when I found out Lana was being covered and now I'm just like :noparty: .

Guest Dot

The only reason everyone is so pressed is because it was a Lana cover smh

This.

I'm actually really annoyed at the negativity that's going on in here right now, I mean come on...it's a cover of our fav...of course the original is going to be better but you have to look at the cover in context of the show and the episode it belongs to. I think if you do that you'll find that it's actually rather decent and it's really nice seeing Lana getting free promo for it.