Trash Magic

Lana covers L'uomo Vogue music issue + Video!

So she's looking to team with Giorgio Moroder for her next album?

That could be cool, I know a lot of you are hoping that she makes a full return to her BTD style, maybe this could be a sign that UV was just an experiment after all. I hope she doesn't fully abandon it though, just kind of fuse them together cuz honestly they both become a little too much to hande by themselves for a whole album. I also hope she continues to evolve lyrically.

Giorgio Moroder, who became a dear friend of mine and with whom I hope to collaborate in my next record

OMG I missed this.

This is vERY important. :defeated:

Go Go Dancer Lana is coming!! . :defeated:

I love this article!!!! News on future record (yesss), beautiful words on Kurt Cobain, some new (?) inspirations revealed.... And I like her last words - finally she stopped whining. I get depression, but her whole "I want to die" act looked really fake, like she was trying to hard to became the female Kurt Cobain.

I find the tv filter almost genius. :legend: It reminds me of Lana's 'roots' - the home-made music videos.

i am nothing and should be everything

last half of the translation :

“It was a truly incredible experience; the band’s energy was fundamental to my creative process. For the first time I was singing live, backed up by the band; it was a very spontaneous and natural process, different from all my previous experiences”.

Ultraviolence is a collection of autobiographical songs in which Lana explores the theme of ‘toxic’ relationships in which the woman is often too sentimentally involved to fully grasp the physical and emotional abuse she endures from her partner.

“To me every album is a different experience with a unique narrative. Sometimes the songs come across through the melody, sometimes through a certain atmosphere. All my albums have a unique genesis and process. To find inspiration I often put myself behind the wheel of my car and speed towards Los Angeles, preferably in the evening when there’s no more traffic. One of my favorite roads is Sunset Boulevard, an asphalt serpentine that follows the exact same pathway of the livestock in the late 1700’s, from Downtown’s Pueblo to the Pacific Ocean. A unique, fascinating road rendered magical and surreal by the scent of pine, oleander, hibiscus and eucalyptus. In Ultraviolence I wanted to focus more on the technical aspect of music and explore my interest in composition.”

The album starts with a song titled ‘Cruel World’, which has a 25 second guitar interlude that immediately sets the tone of the album. It’s the beginning of the journey, a trip down memory lane that brings us from West to East coast. Track 4 is indeed ‘Brooklyn Baby’, while the last one is a Nina Simone jazz cover, a separate story.

“In this album the order of the songs is very important, and the fact that I chose to close it with ‘The Other Woman’ gives me the possibility to tell my story the way I want to, creating connections between each track and combining them with different images and feelings.”

Amongst her musical passions, two are the most important: film soundtracks and Nirvana. “I’m a fan of Nino Rota, Samuel Barber, Thomas Newman and Giorgio Moroder, who became a dear friend of mine and with whom I hope to collaborate in my next record. The first time I listened to Kurt Cobain I was 11. He was the most beautiful man I’d ever seen and even though I was a kid I physically ‘felt’ his extreme sadness. As the metaphysical philosopher Josiah Royce used to say, “without the roots you can’t have any fruit”, and Kurt has truly planted a seed in my heart.”

With her songs Lana wants to be a source of reflection for new generations. “I want to be able to convey a positive message. In these last few years, through following my dreams and trying to accomplish my passions, I learned two things: that one should never surrender and that when we face hardship doing the things we love we become happier and surer of ourselves.”

As always, i love hearing and reading about Lana talk about the production process behind Ultraviolence, as well as everything else shes either currently working on, or have already. It just gives me a deeper appreciation for her as an artist, songwriter, and all around creative. Great job on the translation of the article Coney Island Baby.