GangstaBoy

'Big Eyes' and 'I Can Fly' Released, Featured in Tim Burton's 'Big Eyes'

One of the film reviews or initial articles on the song said the song had a "big eyes, big lies" chorus, though.

I really hope they were just trying to not give too much away. I love Lana and I already love this song, but I'm so over these repetitive choruses. I guess it works sonically but I just feel that with the urgency the song creates with the instrumental that its going to be underwhelming if the chorus is just her repeating the same line over and over, especially with amazing versus. 

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

What genre do you guys consider this to be? As with any Lana track, it could fit so many. It's almost like a mixture of baroque pop verses with a dream pop/indie rock chorus.

Hollywood Sadcore.... that's what her genre is in my iTunes at least. lol

I love it. Its a stunning and beautiful track.It truly has Oscar potential aswell. The lyrics are amazing too especially the verses/bridgeits also hear her vocals loud and clear again I loved the radio/reverb effect but I was starting to get a little bored with it tbh.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

hopefully I Can Fly is more eventful than this snoozefest

i literally loved and lived for the 1 minute snippet we got, but this was so SLOW and so boring :crying:

oop, 700 posts

lABVyGE.png

I have to I am a bit underwhelmed too. The transitions between the chorus and verses are a bit ... "random" and connection-less. And it should have built up a bit more "action" during verse 2.

I still like it, but it's not as impressive as I hoped it to be. The best part is still the third chorus/bridge/last chorus part.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I like her vocal. It's FINALY clear.

I like the production. It's FINALY good.

Melody in verses is SO beautiful BUT verses totally put chorus in shadow and usually chorus should be that "peak" in song. How artpop of her.

Not to mention poor lyrics in chorus. :toofunny:

I agree with our kween Bekim. This song is great compare to uv album (except Old Money)

Since we talk about oscar.

I like this song but if I compare it to Skyfall it's just poor.

If I can fly will have chorus like:

"I can fly...

I can fly...

I can fly...

I can fly..."

she can forget about it.

The only situation where I see her winning is that another nominated artists will have weaker song than this.

#justiceforyoungandbeautiful

tumblr_p0v8ex4Llk1raxa8qo1_540.jpg

I have to I am a bit underwhelmed too. The transitions between the chorus and verses are a bit ... "random" and connection-less. And it should have built up a bit more "action" during verse 2.

I still like it, but it's not as impressive as I hoped it to be. The best part is still the third chorus/bridge/last chorus part.

mess

This is how i feel about the songs on UV.

These are superior and have way sweeter melodies..ear candy basically.

Big Eyes is a little too slow for me up until the bridge and so on, but I do still like it. I Can Fly is definitely the better of the two for me, especially lyrically, and the outro is just heavenly.