Anthem

Project "Lana Del Ray A.K.A Lizzy Grant"

Yeah we might need to make other arrangements for this. I don't really know what to do at this point. 

I think we'd definitely be ok to print the cases, blank cd's etc - you can always just claim school/uni assignment etc. 

As for distribution of a fully burned cd, I'm not sure - I feel it'd probably depend how low-key this whole thing goes? Like if it was all just through paypal/pm's or something surely we'd be in the clear? The eBay bootleggers seem to get away with this on the reg and thats a way more public/trackable process...

I think we'd definitely be ok to print the cases, blank cd's etc - you can always just claim school/uni assignment etc. 

As for distribution of a fully burned cd, I'm not sure - I feel it'd probably depend how low-key this whole thing goes? Like if it was all just through paypal/pm's or something surely we'd be in the clear? The eBay bootleggers seem to get away with this on the reg and thats a way more public/trackable process...

No kidding. Like I told someone in PM, I don't know how crap like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/LANA-DEL-REY-YOUNG-AND-BEAUTIFUL-CD-SINGLE-SLIM-JEWEL-CASE-PROMO-RARE-GATSBY-/161516767599?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item259b26496f is on eBay. He is clearly trying to profit and I'm really not but I bet I'd get caught first.

Maybe just blank cases would be safe. And @@SitarHero if you want that hibiscus label you need to find someone who will make it properly.  :um:

@@longtimeman I really was wondering why you posted that because it seemed weird but it now makes sense.  :judgingu3:

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Hmm, yeah the whole copyright thing could really be a problem...But as some of you already pointed out it would probably be alright if the CDs remained blank. The audio files could be provided here or rather be sent per PM though (in case anyone doesn't have them already). I personally don't see this as a huge problem and I really hope that this won't kill the project.

lana_takeitoff_notxb4uwe.gif

the issues were obvious at the start and aren't a big deal if you don't have the audio files, I just don't think i'll be able to do the booklet before your planned dates and clearly people are wanting different things than I am imagining  :makeup: Ya'll keep doing you 

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I don't know, I've been thinking and trying to decide what to do. At the very least, we can keep this thread up for people to have the resources to make their own. I'm still debating on if I want to make just the cases or not and how widely-available I want them to be. I just really hate that we had so many ideas and everyone was so excited for it to be nothing. Although I will say, for those of you wanting jewel cases, they are actually really easy/cheap to make. 

I'm also really sorry, I should have thought more about this before posting anything. I thought of it before but I guess I just didn't really fully recognize what could happen if I got busted and the chances of it happening (probably not that high but I would say its more likely than I'd like to admit). 

:sadcore2:  :crying4:

:noparty:

maybe we can DIY?

Yeah, I didn't want to be that guy but as it's already been discussed, distributing copies of a record that's out of print is very illegal. It's like selling unreleased music in a way. No rights to the music? No rights to distribution. And just selling the case with a blank is a good workaround on paper, but it could still get you into a little trouble. This is a great project, but I think it should be a DIY one, the chances of getting caught are fifty-fifty for every single copy distributed.

This is a great project, but I think it should be a DIY one, the chances of getting caught are fifty-fifty for every single copy distributed.

I agree. I'd like to keep the thread and all, but maybe change it into a DIY Lana Del Ray resource thing. So people could come here and get pages and print them if they want to risk it but I personally at least won't run into trouble with selling them. And people can mix and match whatever backs/CD labels/pages they want. Would that work? I don't even mind making a guide for people to make their own jewel cases (tbh idk how that one guy made a digipak because its nearly impossible to just make one - at least where I live).