Anthem

Project "Lana Del Ray A.K.A Lizzy Grant"

This is so cool!

What image would you want for the back cover?
Option 1 or two. The only text, or her laying down.

What would you prefer for the CD packaging?
Digipack
Jewel Case
Slimcase

What would you prefer for the CD label?
Album Cover
Album name/tracklist (like for the CD singles)
Old style vinyl lookalike
Other- Tropical plants like the ones in master post. Helps mirror the current style of her released albums.

What would you prefer for the album booklet?
All lyrics – like BTD/P
Most lyrics with choruses only stated once – like some songs in the Electra Heart booklet
Some lyrical snippets – like UV

Anything else you think should be taken into consideration?

I think it would be cool if the design paralleled BTD, PE, and UV a little. Although, I would like more pictures included like the UV booklet.

2dt29zc.jpg

Okay, some options for the final Coney Island picture:

http://sherrimay.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/img_04701.jpg
http://rediscoveringbrooklyn.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/wonderwheelnight.jpg
http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/collegeadmissionsstudentblog/files/2012/06/photo-5.jpg
http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_l5u8zlm25i1qcht8qo1_1280.jpgAWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJP67HANH6OVWEMMQ&Expires=1418677056&Signature=LdeevcgvdzVdXoWBXJ0%2Bu8vfB1k%3D#_=_
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1737243/thumbs/o-CONEY-ISLAND-facebook.jpg
http://bulahoop.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/coney-island-1-final.jpg
http://www.thefashioncraze.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Beyonce-Superbowl-2013_41.jpg

Updated Booklet Suggestion...I tried to maintain the cohesiveness and do justice to the album's continuous story line and mood/atmosphere. I like how the landscape pictures slowly evolve from day to night as the album's story progresses (maybe the Smarty and Jump pictures could be switched to reflect that better in the Lana pics). If another version of the Oh Say You Can't See pic sadly can't be found, then I would suggest one of the more somber pictures from the Kill Kill ocean set. I hope you guys like my ideas. :) So excited to see what someone like @@Trash Magic does with this for booklet pages.

Kill Kill (one of these):

tumblr_m6vf103oym1qla0bso1_500.jpg
298227_191888704219064_1682315394_n.jpg

Queen of the Gas Station:

vog_02.jpg

Oh Say Can You See (*NEED BIGGER VERSION*):

tumblr_m70i8t6xWm1rb1h0do1_1280.jpg

If a larger version of this can't be found:

normal_tumblr_m22v60U0jV1rtpwoso1_500.jp

320890_191888590885742_1580371344_n_2812

or the extra one from the two Kill Kill photos.

Gramma (Blue Ribbon Sparkler Trailer Heaven):

chuck04.jpg

For K Part 2:

310271_191890084218926_435745642_n.jpg

Jump:

299250_191889794218955_720238395_n.jpg

Mermaid Motel:
*ONE OF ABOVE CONEY ISLAND OPTIONS*

Raise Me Up (Mississippi South):

sunset-over-coney-island-alex-ag.jpg

Pawn Shop Blues:

316202_191889880885613_1718038106_n.jpg

Brite Lites:

442243524_1280x720.jpg

Put Me in a Movie:

5581410226_107aa3ebb1_b.jpg

Smarty (one of these):

301432_191890347552233_2096592508_n.jpg
307788_191890427552225_1194821134_n.jpg

Yayo:

desert-sunset-west-humboldt-range-nevada

Back Cover:

x-jewelcase_palm_finczuub7.jpg

The digipak inset picture would be one of the Coney Island/Nevada pictures like the shot of LA in the Ultraviolence digipak and booklet.

I would prefer to not really have an image there. Photos from the AKA cover-shoot can be in the booklet, but I would like the backcover to be in this yellow/creme colour, like the wall she is standing in front of on the cover.

Digipack
Jewel Case
Slimcase

Album Cover
Other (post a suggested picture)

All lyrics – like BTD/P
Most lyrics with choruses only stated once – like some songs in the Electra Heart booklet

I don't really know why everyone wants it gapless .. I would prefer the tracks to be one-by-one.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

@@Anthem if you go to advanced editing in the OP there should be a sidebar that allows you to add a poll with multiple questions. Before you do that I think you should set a deadline for idea submissions so we don't have an influx of additional options, and then whoever still wants to buy one can just settle on the design we choose in these stages. Also the talented people of LanaBoards coughtrashmagiccough need to be doing this booklet before we end up with something less cute

btw the album is called Lana Del Ray, not Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant (just so that you get the right info when burning the cd) :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

The first one.

Digipack
Jewel Case
Slimcase

Album Cover
Other (post a suggested picture) The palm tree picture that was posted earlier.

All lyrics – like BTD/P

@@evilentity is probably the definitive user with information on the album, we should probably ask him about specific details!

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I have a very clear idea in mind, a running theme of hotel rooms and views from the windows like vegas, atlantic city etc. I had an idea to make a back cover like a marquee or whatever but I think it may be too ambitious 

DzMj8UV.png

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Sign me up! :smile2:

Jewel Case

I love the suggestion @@PinUpCartoonBaby put for the label, just perhaps a different image of the palm tree franz! 

All lyrics – like BTD/P

I'll suggest a few photos - I noticed one in consideration for Gramma has Lizzy featured with more plump lips, and I like to tend to avoid images from that time when coming to the Lana Del Ray album.

Smarty - 320890_191888590885742_1580371344_n_2812

Kill Kill - tumblr_m70pqsP7tk1rb1h0do5_r1_1280.jpg

Oh Say Can You See - normal_001.jpg

Gramma/Little Girls - by_Edward_Smith_28129.png

I also adore @@PinUpCartoonBaby's back cover. MUST be used.

If you happen to make this into a vinyl as well, I would definitely purchase. I've wanted Lana Del Ray on vinyl forever.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

@@Anthem if you go to advanced editing in the OP there should be a sidebar that allows you to add a poll with multiple questions. Before you do that I think you should set a deadline for idea submissions so we don't have an influx of additional options, and then whoever still wants to buy one can just settle on the design we choose in these stages. Also the talented people of LanaBoards coughtrashmagiccough need to be doing this booklet before we end up with something less cute

Thank you! I'll add it.

I should have made it more clear but there is one in the OP - the 25th. I'm thinking that might be a little ambitious with the holidays and finals since lots of us are in college, so I'm probably going to set it to the end of the year and be done with it. I'll go back and edit the OP with this. If we end up with something before then that we all mostly agree on, I'll move forward sooner, as I don't want this thing to take months and months to do. 

And I do believe @@lmdr posted something earlier that they and @@Trash Magic are working on something (right?) and will probably most likely be used since I'm not getting much else from people and I'm shit at this.

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

this is the highest quality of the "official" back cover that i can find on the internet (412 x 325):

5794912.jpg

+ regarding lyrics, i think it would be better to have the lyrics written fully e.g:

Me, I spend them looking for men I like

Like you

Like you

Like you

Like you

instead of

Like you (x4)

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

this is the highest quality of the "official" back cover that i can find on the internet (412 x 325):

5794912.jpg

+ regarding lyrics, i think it would be better to have the lyrics written fully e.g:

Like you

Like you

Like you

Like you

instead of

Like you (x4)

Agreed on the lyrics, thank you for actually looking at them. And I actually didn't know about the title  :deadbanana: Again, these are the reasons why I wanted lots of people involved.

I have added a poll to the thread. Please answer it so I can get a general count for how many of these things I need to make. If you decide later you do/don't want one, then add/delete your answer. Feel free to get one of each and if you want more than one of each we will deal with that when I get closer to the printing stage. I will print a sample of each and post pictures so that people know what they are getting before making any kind of commitment.

Also, if you are making any kind of contribution to this in the form of lyric book pages/CD labels/back covers, your deadline is the end of the year (Dec 31st). I will post them on January 1st and LB as a whole will decide what we want to use. If we decide to use something you make, I will need it as a .pdf and in the correct size. 

Thanks!  :heart: 

Since I edited most of the lyric pages from this site, I vouch for those interpretations; however, I agree they'd be cuter without the parenthetical bits. Also we don't necessarily have to repeat the choruses, a lot of lyric books don't. For example:

Bound up the stairs
I'm in the shower
Do you know I am going to leave you?

I'm in love with a dying man
I'm in love lying in the sand
I have done everything I can

Tell me about Ray and his girl
Do you know Ray is going to meet you?
Love you, I do
Stay here, I won't
The stars fade from your eyes

One, two, make it fun
Don't trust anyone

Opinions?

EDIT: Also is this the highest quality cover?

LDRAKALG.jpg

I have a very clear idea in mind, a running theme of hotel rooms and views from the windows like vegas, atlantic city etc. I had an idea to make a back cover like a marquee or whatever but I think it may be too ambitious 

DzMj8UV.png

I like this approach for a booklet but I prefer your orig back cover that I posted

Since I edited most of the lyric pages from this site, I vouch for those interpretations; however, I agree they'd be cuter without the parenthetical bits. Also we don't necessarily have to repeat the choruses, a lot of lyric books don't. For example:

Bound up the stairs

I'm in the shower

I'm in love lying in the sand

I have done everything I can

Tell me about Ray and his girl

Do you know Ray is going to meet you?

Love you, I do

Stay here, I won't

The stars fade from your eyes

One, two, make it fun

Don't trust anyone

Opinions?

EDIT: Also is this the highest quality cover?

LDRAKALG.jpg

I personally like that idea for the lyrics the most and it is one of the options on the questionnaire. That's what I meant by "like some songs in the Electra Heart booklet" as a few of them are like it, but maybe people didn't know what I meant/aren't familiar with the booklet. I'd love that for the sake of space.

And the highest quality of the cover I could find is the one in the OP. Its roughly 750x750 and I need 1000x1000.

I also just double checked the transitions in the gapless version of the album that I have and its perfect! I am going to segment each track out and make a tester CD for it hopefully by the end of the week. For anyone interested in the track I am using, it is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6n1foroehb66k2b/Nevada%20%28Gapless%29.mp3?dl=0 (@)

I have a friend that does professional graphic work that *might* be able to blow up the back cover to 1000x1000 and sharpen it 

As in the blue Coney Island one?  :crying:

Oh and it also just occurred to me we haven't discussed the centerpiece of the digipak in much detail. I'm thinking a picture of Coney Island or a Nevada one? Thoughts?