Anthem

Project "Lana Del Ray A.K.A Lizzy Grant"

To be honest, I don't like how this is single file. And this doesn't seem any more gapless than my copy of Lana Del Ray.

Hmm, yeah. The "official" gapless version was still separated. This seems like someone took what we all have and just manually spliced the tracks together.

Hmm, yeah. The "official" gapless version was still separated. This seems like someone took what we all have and just manually spliced the tracks together.

To be honest, I don't like how this is single file. And this doesn't seem any more gapless than my copy of Lana Del Ray.

Yes, you guys are right that it is just the tracks put together. It had to be done that way before I could re-take it apart or else it would have potentially been all kinds of awkward. The CD will have the tracks separated still but will sound identical to what I posted earlier, I just posted the one single track so people could listen to the transitions.

And there's no way to make it sound "more" gapless, the album just sounds like that. It was never that terribly noticeable to begin with, you simply won't hear any pauses in between the tracks the way you normally would with a CD. And there isn't really anything I can do more with it because this is how it was intended to sound, unless I start splicing it up myself which I don't want to do because the idea is to keep it as true to the real album as possible. :/

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Oh and it also just occurred to me we haven't discussed the centerpiece of the digipak in much detail. I'm thinking a picture of Coney Island or a Nevada one? Thoughts?

We could zoom in on the background of these shots? I think they exist in high enough res for that to work and it suits the aesthetic of the album

post-1-0-63236400-1349554384.jpg

post-1-0-97535900-1349554365.jpg

We could zoom in on the background of these shots? I think they exist in high enough res for that to work and it suits the aesthetic of the album

post-1-0-63236400-1349554384.jpg

post-1-0-97535900-1349554365.jpg

I *love* these shots. If her hair had been the same style, I would have definitely used them for the booklet photo suggestions.

I like the idea of using the background of one of those, if quality allows. I suggested just taking one of the landscape shots from the booklet as was done with the UV digipak, though.

also isn't this the front cover in 1000?

lana-del-rey-aka-lizzy-grant-4f3ac0c189b

also I like this picture of Coney Island IMG_0784.JPG

the enlarging didn't go well, the image couldn't be cleaned that well

also here's sunrise on Coney

102_1coneyisland_sunrise_090_s.jpg

BzhmW.png

also I like this picture of Coney Island IMG_0784.JPG

I also like that Coney Island image. I think it was one of the ones in my list as well (or it was one that looked very similar. Edit: Anthrm found it). One of those could go in the Mermaid Motel slot. It would be a good digipak inset photo as well (or the daytime desert shot).

@@Anthem for when you update. The others I put together are on the last page.

@ thanks for the cover! Will update the OP! :)

I kind of like this picture ilovetati posted earlier as it could be used for the center of the digi but its just me: http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1737243/thumbs/o-CONEY-ISLAND-facebook.jpg The best part too is that it's already a large enough image. 

If we had the cover, used the back cover with the palm tree that was posted a few pages earlier, and ^ for the middle, I think it would be a nice balance of the darker/lighter pictures. But its just a suggestion. 

I'm starting my own pages too as a backup. They are kind of just lame/cliche aka era pictures with the lyrics in the TypicalWriter font (same one as BTD/UV) but could be a safe backup if nothing else. 

Also, anyone making pages be warned, I'm simply not going to consider anything made with this image: 

http://lanaboards.com/uploads/monthly_10_2012/post-1-0-54857700-1351615868.jpg

I'm trying to keep my own personal biases out of this as much as possible but I hate this picture.

What would you prefer for the CD packaging?
Digipack
Jewel Case
Slimcase

What would you prefer for the CD label?

THIS IS PERFECTaka-cd_180uzb.png

What would you prefer for the album booklet?
All lyrics – like BTD/P
Most lyrics with choruses only stated once – like some songs in the Electra Heart booklet
Some lyrical snippets – like UV

I'm absolutely in love with this. It's the best I've seen so far, and it's getting my money! 

Not a huge fan of images of Coney Island or Nevada with the tracklisting. I think it looks far better with text on a solid cover, as previously posted

I respectfully disagree - I love how it makes a connection forwards to the UV booklet and the whole aesthetic of the various eras being strongly connected to the place where Lizzy/Lana was/is living/hanging out.

[sorry for all the slashes in that sentence...]

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Why why WHY, do people insist on making things SO much complicated than they need to be? I'm not being mean but this talk of gapless is so fucking stupid!!! Just use the original album!!!

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

@@Trash Magic I'm not sure why you are wound up about it, since you don't really have to deal/care about it, but all of that has already been issued and agreed upon so its really not up for debate. Gapless is how the album was intended and 99% of the people on here have stated that is how they want it. But to clarify:

Just use the original album!!!

The original album IS gapless. Period.

I needed the gapless version.

Someone gave me the gapless version.

I posted it for people to listen to.

It will be split up and used for the CD.

...because the album IS gapless, so I AM using the original album. 

Why why WHY, do people insist on making things SO much complicated than they need to be?

I've been dealing with this whole project and really the track part of it hasn't been that complicated, it was just a matter of getting the right files together, which I now have. :)

I hope that helps. I'm not trying to be rude but I'm just not certain what or why you are upset about using gapless tracks on a CD for an originally gapless album. 

As a side note, finding a place that does custom digipaks has been such a pain. I live in a college town with a big music scene so you'd think there'd be more options here.  :lanasrs:

What image would you want for the back cover? 

x-jewelcase_palm_finczuub7.jpg

What would you prefer for the CD packaging?
Digipack
Jewel Case   ---BOTH! 

What would you prefer for the CD label?
Other (post a suggested picture)

-the CD with the black palms and yellow background-

aka-cd_180uzb.png

What would you prefer for the album booklet?
All lyrics – like BTD/P

Anything else you think should be taken into consideration?
 include pics inside the booklet, the BTD one is too plain

and include the photo-shoot of her on the beach with the blue dress, its her best photo-shoot 

Edited by W7e

I like the CD with the hibiscus flowers I made but the black palm trees one looks SO much better... I'd go with that one :agree:

They're both amazing, but the palm tree one fits the scheme so well and it would be a good excuse to use the palm tree back cover. Imagine that disc, that back cover, full lyrics for each song, those beautiful Lizzy/Nevada/Coney Island pictures. It will be so gorgeous. :defeated:

If everything goes well we could make a "Sirens" CD as well. I'd love to have one. :)

I was thinking this but I didn't want to get too ahead of myself! Glad you brought it up :giggle:

sugar baby crying ezgif_com_c98a0a05e8.gif tears of gold