ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

i wish she would do more radio shows because those isolated live recordings are sometimes better than the album versions 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_85hcBq6NE

but it seems even less likely than a TV performance now that she's ridiculously famous. radio promo is typically reserved for lesser known artists, i would think? i'm currently trying to imagine west coast and/or pretty when you cry in that minimalized, studio-type setting and i want to die 

:sadcore3:

ZRBNill.jpg

i wish she would do more radio shows because those isolated live recordings are sometimes better than the album versions 

but it seems even less likely than a TV performance now that she's ridiculously famous. but i'm currently trying to imagine west coast and/or pretty when you cry in a minimal, studio-type setting and i want to die 

I wanna be confident we'll get something like this again  :defeated:

but it seems even less likely than a TV performance now that she's ridiculously famous. radio promo is typically reserved for lesser known artists, i would think? i'm currently trying to imagine west coast and/or pretty when you cry in that minimalized, studio-type setting and i want to die

I am hoping that she does a BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge. She was meant to do one last year but then she got ill or something. :sadcore6:

Pessimistic part of me thinks it's less likely that Lana will do a Live Lounge now as Fearne Cotton has left the station. :sadcore:

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

tbh, I don't really care about promo.

Like the music will stay the same music even if she will get 1# all over the world.

The only 1 important thing is how *YOU* feel when listening to the music, you don't have to care about *OTHER* people who are listening to it.

Promo does not change the way music is.

That's why the promo isn't that important for me.

Ok, I just....Ok,...lemme try one more time. Of course it is not important to you in terms of your own pleasure. When the music sucks, it sucks. Promo doesn't make it better. Nobody is denying it.

However, when the music is great, you would want to hear more music from this artist in the future that is on the same level, right? Therefor this music needs exposure, so that further releases don't fall short, because it needs to sell well.

Besides, you would certainly enjoy this artist performing these songs live, because you love the music and you get excited seeing it performed, right? There is just a positive feeling seeing your fave on the screen singing. Or playerd on the radio when you drive to your workplace? You'd also love to see great visuals that the song deserves because it's sad when the visuals of a great song suck, right? Because it doesn't do it justice. And guess what, great visuals need money. It also isn't a bad thing to see other people reacting in a positive way towards it, because we are human after all. We love being part of something that gets recieved well and to say to ourselves: ha, ma girl. i was rooting for her from the start.

We shall all root for Lana and hope to see as much as possible from her, cause she is our favourite artist. 

Because if we don't, I haven't seen a stranger fanbase than this one. Not wanting to see their fave often, performing, being liked and do commercially well as a reward for the hard work they put into the work.

We love being part of something that gets recieved well and to say to ourselves: ha, ma girl. i was rooting for her from the start.

We shall all root for Lana and hope to see as much as possible from her, cause she is our favourite artist.

Because if we don't, I haven't seen a stranger fanbase than this one. Not wanting to see their fave often, performing, being liked and do commercially well as a reward for the hard work they put into the work.

A-fucking-MEN

You sum my feelings exactly. Spot on. :kiss:

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

Interscope won't put up with her antics indefinitely unfortunately. They won't back her career forever if she doesn't put effort into promo. Paradise and UV were nowhere as successful as Born To Die. If her label ditches her, that's very bad news. Lana has true talent for songwriting but does need a team of producers and some co-writers. Without the continued support of her label, she can't continue releasing good music.

Even though Lana might have pissed Interscope off before and after releasing UV, her indifference actually ended up ultimately benefiting them so I don't think they would drop her that easily. It takes a LOT of money to promote an artist and a single, and even without Interscope spending a ton of money trying to make UV successful, it still had sales that could compete with some of the most promoted artists out there. Ariana Grande was one of the most heavily promoted artists of 2014 with a bunch of successful singles, and her album has sold basically the same amount that UV has worldwide. UV's debut sales even managed to be bigger, despite no successful single. Lana's selling out venues that only huge artists can sell out. Most acts out there are playing at venues of around 5K people and are lucky if they can fill out a 10K+ venue, much less the 20K+ places Lana's performing at now.

She might be a frustrating act, but I think it would be really hard for Interscope to drop her when she's making them as much as or more money than a lot of the artists they spend a ton of money promoting.

Even though Lana might have pissed Interscope off before and after releasing UV, her indifference actually ended up ultimately benefiting them so I don't think they would drop her that easily. It takes a LOT of money to promote an artist and a single, and even without Interscope spending a ton of money trying to make UV successful, it still had sales that could compete with some of the most promoted artists out there. Ariana Grande was one of the most heavily promoted artists of 2014 with a bunch of successful singles, and her album has sold basically the same amount that UV has worldwide. UV's debut sales even managed to be bigger, despite no successful single. Lana's selling out venues that only huge artists can sell out. Most acts out there are playing at venues of around 5K people and are lucky if they can fill out a 10K+ venue, much less the 20K+ places Lana's performing at now.

She might be a frustrating act, but I think it would be really hard for Interscope to drop her when she's making them as much as or more money than a lot of the artists they spend a ton of money promoting.

she is not on a 360. Interscope doesn't get any money from  her touring.

i understand your point, but I also think UV did well because it was THE follow-up to the hit BTD/P. If Lana doesn't make an effort to promote HM, I fear that album sales will deteriorate significantly. It really is important that she makes an effort for HM.

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

leaked_version-

No, I disagree

We have 100s of records done prior to when Video Games and Born to Die became big hits

So the talent came before

What is it you are looking for?

Take Elton John. The biggest star of 1970-1976

People wrote him off after 1977 at their mistake

Continues to sell out show after show every single year, and his 80s song "I'm still standing"

It's now been 47 years since his first recordings (2 or 3 years prior to his first hit)

Better to have a long long career then being the flame of the day that burns out. Look what happened to Elvis, Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Kurt Cobain

Would rather have say Lana like Leonard Cohen, still going strong in his 80s, Lou Reed who continued til his lifestyle caught up with him

Meanwhile, Lana has had 4 movie songs recently, is on a tour where anyone in the USA could see as many dates as they could afford to get to, videos coming out, a new album coming out,

maybe some print interviews, more critical reviews of said album

Seemingly she has a new news item every day one when searches

and the best of all for her, she has a private life on any day she chooses to avoid the cameras.

And can in an instance, should she choose, choose to sing with anyone in the musical world worldwide, at which point a duet could be released

at which point, that artist could keep her in the news (much like the name dropping Brian Wilson did for months)

Though the song wasn't on his lp, the name dropping means if one does a search for Lana/Brian countless entries show up

(Why do you think Marilyn Manson kept name dropping her? At just the time he wanted publicity).

If one really wanted Lana to win an Oscar, hopefully she will do something where she creates something writes something, produces something that like

Matt Damon and Ben Affleck, forever get to call themselves Oscar winners (for screenwriting credits). Matters little what Oscar people win. An Oscar Winner=An Oscar winner

Same with forever she can say she is a Grammy nominee.

Same as forever she is one of just a limited amount of people to have a #1 CD and a #2 CD and Paradise was Top 10. and counts same as a full lp in the official chart records.(with a 4th one

coming shortly) and the Lana Del Ray EP actually was Top 20 on the Top 200 Album charts and charted for 3 weeks.

So Honeymoon officially will be the 5th.

And at some point a greatest hits and live albums and unreleased tracks and Chrismas and so on and so forth

And one knows, were she to go on a SNL again or something like it, one can guarantee the press would start up again and again

And just for fun- Lana has outlasted Brian the Liar and the one that obnoxiously sent that nasty tweet on her Williams.

How cool is that! Couldn't happen to a bigger asshole than Brian Williams of NBC news is.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

i understand your point, but I also think UV did well because it was THE follow-up to the hit BTD/P. If Lana doesn't make an effort to promote HM, I fear that album sales will deteriorate significantly. It really is important that she makes an effort for HM.

album sells are the pits rn too so she needs to promote, not on the lvl of taylor but yeah. She doesnt have the hype either

album sells are the pits rn too so she needs to promote, not on the lvl of taylor but yeah. She doesnt have the hype either

it is possible, but it's hardly a good scenario for her or for fans. She won't be able to easily access an orchestra or other producers. Without the support of a label, Lana won't be able to do promo even if she wanted to. Losing her label/ not having a record label would probably kill her career and her relevance.

Can we talk about how it's basically necessary for artists like Lana to do promo and what not to sustain a career in general?  :hooker:

it is possible, but it's hardly a good scenario for her or for fans. She won't be able to easily access an orchestra or other producers. Without the support of a label, Lana won't be able to do promo even if she wanted to. Losing her label/ not having a record label would probably kill her career and her relevance.

Isn't she essentially an "Internet" artist? The level of fame she achieved it wasn't because of interscope promo - actually whenever they put her on tv, interviews and so on only prejudiced her career so far.

I'm not saying that promo isn't important but I completely disagree that's what will maintain Lana a relevant name. What will define if she wants to continue as a major pop name is if her music is accessible enough for the public or not. UV wasn't a pop album capable of attract the attention of general public, she knew it ( and that's what she wanted after all), her label knew it and they didn't spend as much ( they even complained about the lack of singles).

In the end is all about the music, if she decides to continue follow an even more alternative/experimental route that may not appeal to everyone not even endless promos on national tv can help her. I know I'd love it but commercially it wouldn't be as successful.  :hooker:  Or she could follow her fellows on interscope and be like Maroon 5 - trying to be relevant and releasing the same shit over and over and everytime worse than before.

For now I think she is doing pretty well and I'm not sure why some of you think Interscope could drop her... I mean she is 1# most popular female artist on spotify without radio plays and she is on her biggest tour yet. This is very unusual for an artist that basically is only doing online promo ( and she doesn't even do this right :facepalm: ).

For now I think she is doing pretty well and I'm not sure why some of you think Interscope could drop her... I mean she is 1# most popular female artist on spotify without radio plays and she is on her biggest tour yet. This is very unusual for an artist that basically is only doing online promo ( and she doesn't even do this right :facepalm: ).

Good points. I was thinking of the worst possible scenario - it is highly unlikely she'll get dropped by Interscope.

One thing I noticed was that even without doing TV/radio, Lana was making her life difficult by doing bad interviews and presenting herself as an unlikeable person. During the release period for UV, the actual buzz for the music was overshadowed by the controversial comments she made in her interviews (I wish I was dead already, feminism just isn't interesting to me, etc). A lot of my friends only heard from the media about how she was being a "morbid, depressed, abuse-glamorising anti-feminist" and didn't really hear about her acclaimed album.

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

leaked_version-

No, I disagree

We have 100s of records done prior to when Video Games and Born to Die became big hits

So the talent came before

What is it you are looking for?

Take Elton John. The biggest star of 1970-1976

People wrote him off after 1977 at their mistake

Continues to sell out show after show every single year, and his 80s song "I'm still standing"

It's now been 47 years since his first recordings (2 or 3 years prior to his first hit)

Better to have a long long career then being the flame of the day that burns out. Look what happened to Elvis, Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Kurt Cobain

Would rather have say Lana like Leonard Cohen, still going strong in his 80s, Lou Reed who continued til his lifestyle caught up with him

Meanwhile, Lana has had 4 movie songs recently, is on a tour where anyone in the USA could see as many dates as they could afford to get to, videos coming out, a new album coming out,

maybe some print interviews, more critical reviews of said album

Seemingly she has a new news item every day one when searches

and the best of all for her, she has a private life on any day she chooses to avoid the cameras.

And can in an instance, should she choose, choose to sing with anyone in the musical world worldwide, at which point a duet could be released

at which point, that artist could keep her in the news (much like the name dropping Brian Wilson did for months)

Though the song wasn't on his lp, the name dropping means if one does a search for Lana/Brian countless entries show up

(Why do you think Marilyn Manson kept name dropping her? At just the time he wanted publicity).

If one really wanted Lana to win an Oscar, hopefully she will do something where she creates something writes something, produces something that like

Matt Damon and Ben Affleck, forever get to call themselves Oscar winners (for screenwriting credits). Matters little what Oscar people win. An Oscar Winner=An Oscar winner

Same with forever she can say she is a Grammy nominee.

Same as forever she is one of just a limited amount of people to have a #1 CD and a #2 CD and Paradise was Top 10. and counts same as a full lp in the official chart records.(with a 4th one

coming shortly) and the Lana Del Ray EP actually was Top 20 on the Top 200 Album charts and charted for 3 weeks.

So Honeymoon officially will be the 5th.

And at some point a greatest hits and live albums and unreleased tracks and Chrismas and so on and so forth

And one knows, were she to go on a SNL again or something like it, one can guarantee the press would start up again and again

And just for fun- Lana has outlasted Brian the Liar and the one that obnoxiously sent that nasty tweet on her Williams.

How cool is that! Couldn't happen to a bigger asshole than Brian Williams of NBC news is.

God you are so fukcing annoying. Always comparing Lana with artists where she shouldn't be compared with. Lana is nowhere near these artists and she won't be if she continues with her habits from the UV era. Pls, stop embarrassing yourself.

Truth hurts? You are wrong. And negative.

Stop comparing her to people who are just today's versions of someone else.

Today's whoever, yesterday's Miley who was yesterdays Britney who was yesterday's Celine who was yesterdays Mariah who was yesterday's Whitney who was yesterday's 100 others none of

whom are Madonna who is still standing strong.

Aretha was and is better than all those names and is, as long as she remains healthy and alive, still with us still sounding almost as great as she used to.

Best example is Edith Piaf. Been what, nearly 100 years and her name lives on.

Sorry, but I don't want Lana to be Meghan Trainor or Katy Perry.

And Lana has an ace in the hole Katy or Beyone or Rihanna don't have-

if Lana wanted to do the most commercial radio friendly album out there, she could  put it out as by Elizabeth Grant, songwriter. And have a whole new career.

Or do something people (but not the haters) probably wish had happened already, 2 old friends Duet album together- Lana and Gaga. (though I may be the only one who doesn't hate one or the other).

Something like Paul McCartney did with Michael Jackson.

Lana is albums not commercial singles.

But if she wanted to do an album of "Queen of Disaster" "Pale Moonlight" and 20 other highly commercial songs, I would be first in line for that too.

Satisfaction should be knowing that her style is hers, and she can do any style.

Others need autotune and someone controlling their every move.

(While it's a great catchy anthem song, Rachel Platten's Fight song sounds like 250 other people and the high notes are embarrassing. As she has been around a decade, more power to her now,

but it is 100% generic, even if it gets to #1.

This is my opinion, feel free to disagree, I am not looking to change anyones mind.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Dudes and Dudettes, LOL, LOL..

No one cares what you or I say, or think about Lana and what she should do, or whom she is compared to.

Your 'reality' and view on anything, is just that.. its your view.. which than becomes 'your' reality.

Lana could care less, what anyone here thinks. Lets get real a little bit even?

At the very end of the day, if you like her music or some songs, JUST ENJOY THAT!

I dont try to 'force' anyone to accept my beliefs. To each their own.  :lanahairflip3:

I think it's hilarious that people are so concerned about her being lazy with album promotion, but barely ever complain about how lazy a live performer she is for 20,000 people paying to see her every night.  I couldn't care less if she forgoes tv and radio promotion -- I just wish she put more effort into her shows that people are paying good money to see.

I think it's hilarious that people are so concerned about her being lazy with album promotion, but barely ever complain about how lazy a live performer she is for 20,000 people paying to see her every night. I couldn't care less if she forgoes tv and radio promotion -- I just wish she put more effort into her shows that people are paying good money to see.

eww what do you want her to have?? back up dancers?? new stage costumes every 2 songs?? please no, thats not lana. i feel like her performances are fine they just need a little more confidence, but she has grown so stop complaining!

eww what do you want her to have?? back up dancers?? new stage costumes every 2 songs?? please no, thats not lana. i feel like her performances are fine they just need a little more confidence, but she has grown so stop complaining!

No, I want her to put on a performance that lasts more than 13 or 14 songs -- something those back-up dancer/costume change artists that you make fun of have managed to figure out.  When you see Lana, you hardly get your money's worth, at least compared to every other major headlining artist in her genre.  It's pretty sad that even fucking Lorde (who has one album and has been out like a year) plays longer shows than a multi-platinum, multi-album star like Lana.  She's pretty lazy when it comes to her performances, and pointing that out is a perfectly legit "complaint."