ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

the fact that we still don't even have / now where the original audio interview where she talked about Music To Watch Boys To is really strange 

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

great job with the OP. I am so excited after reading through all of it. Everything she talked about we have already partially seen come to fruition.

"I'm kind of enjoying sinking into this more noirish feel for this one." perfectly explains performing Us Against The World and Serial Killer in the Metropolis-like set on tour 

"I’m currently trying to do some new things. It’s a bit surrealist, full of colors. I feel much more inspired by people like Mark Ryden, Fellini or Picasso" Like the Honeymoon lyrics or not, this fits them perfectly. "Dark blue" and she used an image of a painting in the book

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

If I had to predict the sound of Honeymoon, I'd say Back to Black meets Nancy Sinatra's Bang Bang. A mixture of Ronson beats, a jazzy tone, and surf guitar twangs. Plus the colorful lyrics of Stevie Nicks' Bella Donna...like I said yesterday.

I hope when we won't get UV Kind of songs at least some songs like Bel Air, Dark Paradise, Blue Jeans, Born To Die and Summertime Sadness.

Mfhp.gif

the fact that we still don't even have / now where the original audio interview where she talked about Music To Watch Boys To is really strange

lol it was a swedish interview iirc - not sure, it was one of her stops between festivals last year

the girl who posted the original clip (lizzydelgrant) shared it in full i believe.

VyIsfwC.jpg

The positive thing is that she didn't said that UV is her last album like she did with BTD or P.

I hope she didn't said that after HM is out

Mfhp.gif

As much as I doubt leaked tracks on HM ... I think SK has a fairly realistic chance to become a bonus track on a deluxe/ Itunes/Target whatever exclusive version. While she dropped YCBTB and UATW from the setlist, she kept it and it seems to be a biiiig fan favourite. Could be a smart move ...

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

As much as I doubt leaked tracks on HM ... I think SK has a fairly realistic chance to become a bonus track on a deluxe/ Itunes/Target whatever exclusive version. While she dropped YCBTB and UATW from the setlist, she kept it and it seems to be a biiiig fan favourite. Could be a smart move ...

I don't want it on the album because it's on my fanmade album, as the closing track

Mfhp.gif

I don't want it on the album because it's on my fanmade album, as the closing track

Ok">http://31.media.tumblr.com/34494f1dcea13acd428130240b5cb869/tumblr_mxi0a3kS921qee6wmo4_r1_250.gif] Ok , now that you say it, it really makes 0 sense that it could be on HM

And I don't want Emile Haynie to produce anything on HM since my Itunes library already holds 19 songs he did, but guess what ....

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

i think by futureretro she means that itll be like 1970s-1980s neon signs and smooth glossy cars and spaceships... maybe a little disco since she does have mark ronson as a producer

that sounds like froot to be honest...

it would be interesting though

i love how we seem to know what she has to do to have a successful album more than she does XD 

she really does need to get out and promote.

Let the music speak for itself.