ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

I don#t get why you all are so greedy. In the end, we were never meant to hear these songs and I'd appreciate redone versions of them.

Omg, I'm not greedy, I'm just saying... And, how could I be greedy if I have all, and I mean ALL of her songs (albums + unreleased)?? Well, maybe we were never meant to hear unreleased stuff, but we did, and songs will leak until the end of time.. Imo, one cover eventually two covers are enough for the album, and unreleased but HEARD songs as bonus tracks seems like lack of creativity

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

While I'm happy about all the news, I actually don't really mind what Lana is going to do sound-wise. It's not that I don't care, it's just that even though all the music Lana has made is really different, I loved every single one in the end! I'm just gonna trust Dalai on this one and drink my tea in the meantime until she blesses us again with her music  :flutter:

(Sorry if this is possibly Off-Topic  :ohno: )

her albums usually don't leak that much in advance. 

uv leaked like a week or two before right? 

Not here for unreleased tracks being on HM. If they end up being there it will be another Yayo-situation.

Lana has moved on, so shall we.

MTE. 

Lana's management have been really really careful now in terms of leaks since the massive leaks back in 2012. I think Ultraviolence was leaked only a couple days in advance.

Edit: Ultraviolence was leaked on 8th June. Release date was 13th June.

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

You're all so negative. What makes you think it won't come out in Sept.? She's shot two videos, has most likely finished the album (or a good portion of it), and has been revealing info about it for about 5 months.

I know she has a history of giving false dates, but I have no reason to believe that HM won't come out in September.

You're all so negative. What makes you think it won't come out in Sept.? She's shot two videos, has most likely finished the album (or a good portion of it), and has been revealing info about it for about 5 months.

I know she has a history of giving false dates, but I have no reason to believe that HM won't come out in September.

this.... it actually seems she might come through this time. she has 2 videos ready to be released already. she's put out lyrics for one of the songs and a snippet of another possible song (life is beautiful).

it seems she's actually getting her shit together this era.

RVhKIwP.gif

Lana's management have been really really careful now in terms of leaks since the massive leaks back in 2012. I think Ultraviolence was leaked only a couple days in advance.

Edit: Ultraviolence was leaked on 8th June. Release date was 13th June.

Technically that isn't leaked. Several country e.g. NZ/Aus get their release 1 day early, and some music stores stock the physical version 1 week early. UV surfaced on the internet because someone in a random country got hold of the physical version on the 8th of June

Omg, I'm not greedy, I'm just saying... And, how could I be greedy if I have all, and I mean ALL of her songs (albums + unreleased)?? Well, maybe we were never meant to hear unreleased stuff, but we did, and songs will leak until the end of time.. Imo, one cover eventually two covers are enough for the album, and unreleased but HEARD songs as bonus tracks seems like lack of creativity

Don't be offended hun :3

I don't think we'll have two covers, even though I'd LOVE to have Do Right as a studio version ...

Not here for unreleased tracks being on HM. If they end up being there it will be another Yayo-situation.

Lana has moved on, so shall we.

.. and still she plays these songs live. Doesn't mean we'll get them, but it makes it more likely.

Nah, it leaked a few days before the official release

As long as we only have her words, there is no reason to trust her. Remember Tropico and Ultraviolence. She never announced dates that turned out to be real and she changes her mind so often. She might just cancel videos or do whatever. Not like it would be the first time. SHe decided to cancel the whole UV era after releasing the album, so there is really 0 reason to actually BELIEVE that we'll get some nice promo and stuff. Hope, yes, but it's naive to acutually believe anything until officially confirmed.

I really hope we'll get something official soon (a single :hooker:), so we'll have something to hold on. Before anything like this happens, we shouldn't get too many hopes up.

gurl Blue Jeans is not sexy

"you probably wouldnt know the magic of poetry sexiness even if it hit you across the face" :hooker:

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Don't be offended hun :3

I don't think we'll have two covers, even though I'd LOVE to have Do Right as a studio version ...

I'm not offended, but I'm sure that I sound that way  :eek:

Nope, we'll get one cover, I just said two for example.. But yeah, I'd love to have Do Right studio version  :kiss:

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

I'd laugh my arse off if its released on my sisters birthday (Which is the 16 September)...

But as much as I'd like to take the September date seriously I'm taking it with a pinch of salt. Lana is notorious with dates and she doesn't have much of a say on when the record is released either - that's up to the record company at the end of the day.

But I'm hopeful that we will get a single very soon though especially since music video(s?!) have been shot...

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

I'm actually so happy there's an actual release, whatever which date. This is my first era so I'm just so glad she hasn't stopped making music just when I became a fan. I'm very excited :)

ZKcaooE.png

I'm actually so happy there's an actual release, whatever which date. This is my first era so I'm just so glad she hasn't stopped making music just when I became a fan. I'm very excited :)

right! At least we're getting music

I really hope she's smart with this album and continues to evolve her sound and lyrical content. I think a lot of her future success in the industry is contingent on what she does with this album. She could either be an alternative pop artist who had a couple of nice albums or continue to cement a legacy with a monumental album. That's not going to happen if she keeps singing Dan Heath-produced songs about bad boys. I trust her judgment, though. She always surprises us and MTWBT seems like a promising concept. I'm probably reaching, but it could have a very interesting take on reversing the male gaze that is so prevalent in popular music.