ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Even though i joked about it the whole Ultraviolence in May thing, that was different, she had no idea she was being filmed, it was probably in the talks about a release date, but I don't think shed go out and say september without anyone asking, Im sure interscope already has a date in September, Tropico i feel was more up to Lana too. And September is a perfect date, im just happy that we have a time frame, and she doesnt announce the release date a month before lol, I feel like at this rate we could still have a single within the next few weeks, and then another one in August, since she has two videos shot, but maybe im just being optimistic. 

I really hope she's smart with this album and continues to evolve her sound and lyrical content. I think a lot of her future success in the industry is contingent on what she does with this album. She could either be an alternative pop artist who had a couple of nice albums or continue to cement a legacy with a monumental album. That's not going to happen if she keeps singing Dan Heath-produced songs about bad boys. I trust her judgment, though. She always surprises us and MTWBT seems like a promising concept. I'm probably reaching, but it could have a very interesting take on reversing the male gaze that is so prevalent in popular music.

LOL accept the truth, Lana will forever singing about bad boys, AND work with Dan Heath  :troll:

Lol, as if Lana's announcements would mean sh*t. Remember Tropico? Remember Ultraviolence? We probably have it August 2016.

I hope for some kind of single or promo soon, as this would really mean we'll get SOMETHING.

And why are you all so sure September would mean she'll do promo? She could just go on summer holiday and do nothing, like with UV.

She said Ultraviolence would be out May 1st and instead she released it a month later lmao calm down. Even if September is just a guesstimation of hers, there's nothing pointing to it being unrealistic.

VyIsfwC.jpg

She said Ultraviolence would be out May 1st and instead she released it a month later lmao calm down. Even if September is just a guesstimation of hers, there's nothing pointing to it being unrealistic.

Exactly. Idky people bitch so much over release dates (I'm talking about most every fandom). It's not like she had a giant mishap like Azealia Banks, so stop the dramaaaaa

I hope y'all are right and she's telling the truth this one time. But I don't believe it until we have the official release date.

She knew that what she said was going to be taken as truth. And with two videos shot, as well as the tour ending in June (break for promo, hopefully?), I'm confident we'll get it before the end of the year. And I say that because I also need an official release date. But I think all signs point to the fact that we're relatively close to getting the album.

For some reason, I keep imagining Honeymoon being like a modern version of Stevie Nicks' debut solo album, Bella Donna. Upbeat dreamy pop-rock with colorful lyrics and imagery.

OMG that would be amazing! I love Stevie Nicks!

I AM MY ONLY GOD

For some reason, I keep imagining Honeymoon being like a modern version of Stevie Nicks' debut solo album, Bella Donna. Upbeat dreamy pop-rock with colorful lyrics and imagery.

I would love that, I really hope one day we get an 80's rock inspired album, I would be in heaven.

:bodyisready:

yes this is exactly what I've been imagining!!!!!!!!

"Dreaming your life away" in Honeymoon also reminded me a lot of "Dreams unwind, love's a state of mind" from Rhiannon and I hope it sounds like that

Even though a lot of you guys are thinking SK has a chance at being on the album, I really don't think it will - didn't a band member say that the label was questioning why she wanted to play the unreleased tracks? I highly doubt it would have been a questionable decision had they been intended for the album.

That being said if Lana were to have an unreleased track or two on the record, I can see a reworked Afraid being included in the last third of the tracklist - the song ties in with the Honeymoon lyrics and I'm not entirely convinced the entire album will be as light as it's being made out to be.

qpgosw.jpg

Even though a lot of you guys are thinking SK has a chance at being on the album, I really don't think it will - didn't a band member say that the label was questioning why she wanted to play the unreleased tracks? I highly doubt it would have been a questionable decision had they been intended for the album.

Agree. She simply isn't going to play upcoming album tracks randomly and not say anything. I don't think her label would let her if she even tried. The fact that she is singing it live makes me feel 99% sure it won't be on there.

Then again, the title track's lyrics were released through a piece of merch so who even really knows.  :deadbanana:

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Honestly why would you guys want SK on Honeymoon anyway? I mean it's a nice song but it just wouldn't fit the HM theme AT ALL, I can't even picture it as part of the tracklist... Also what @@Anthem said is true, she wouldn't be performing it so freely if it was part of her upcoming record, or any of the unreleased for that matter 

ZmJh1LG.jpg

One of the most exciting things about Lana is that no two albums sound alike. That's pretty rare in popular music these days.

True... But I find that kind've unsettling too. This is just my opinion! But idk, because I preferred BTD, when I heard UV I wasnt as excited for it. I love it, dont get me wrong, but I was already use to and a fan of the other sound. (I was soo proud when I heard FK tho.)

But maybe this next sound will be a surprising twist that we need.

I really hope she's smart with this album and continues to evolve her sound and lyrical content. I think a lot of her future success in the industry is contingent on what she does with this album. She could either be an alternative pop artist who had a couple of nice albums or continue to cement a legacy with a monumental album. That's not going to happen if she keeps singing Dan Heath-produced songs about bad boys. I trust her judgment, though. She always surprises us and MTWBT seems like a promising concept. I'm probably reaching, but it could have a very interesting take on reversing the male gaze that is so prevalent in popular music.

This is a smart assessment of the point in which Lana is right now.

HM is her crucial album in my opinion too. UV was different from BTD, it was less viable commercially but what was lost in that area it was compensated with critical acclaim. I see Lana as a borderline mainstream artist (she had a few hits WG, SS, YB) but her lack of exposure in the mainstream media, for about more than 2 years now, is a problem for her because she became overly dependent commercially on her fans (UV was very successful for 2-3 weeks, when her fan base snatched up the album, but after that dropped like a rock in sales). She has some unique strengths: unique voice, ear for melodies, the ability to conjure a specific mood, looks. But she has weaknesses: sub par live performances, repetitive lyrical content. So, at this time she has a solid fan base but this is not granted forever to her. Let's not forget that some of her fans are rooting for her for 4 years now and this is a long time for any relationship. She has a fairly varied fan base but the bulk of her fans are young people who are evolving and who will expect soon some variation in her lyrical themes to remain interested. I think that HM will be a watershed for her fan base. If she will disappoint musically and she'll show the same "I don't care" attitude like in the UV era she'll lose a lot of quality fans.

The crux of her new era will be her attitude: she needs to shred the overly shy, uncertain singer image. After 3 years of touring there is no reason for her to feel crippled on stage, she absolutely can sing but she has to take seriously her performances (from what I saw in this tour she improved in all areas of her show).

I have to say that I don't like the leaked HM lyrics. In my opinion, as far as lyrics goes, they aren't viable commercially and they aren't good from a critical point of view. It's the bad middle-point that I fear for the HM era. I think that there is time for her to make adjustments and she needs to pay attention to the few critics who made valid points about her work.

At least we get a new album this year :)

It would be worse if she would release it September next year.

Than she needs to promote UV with at least 4 Videos and 3 new singles.

Did we even know the theme of HM?

Mfhp.gif