ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Don't shade mariah girl... When u partially stan for a knockoff 99 cent "generic" version of her.

Yall must never heard Mariah Carey music to call it "generic"

Honestly Mariah destroys your basic POp girl in every thing including Lana but let me keep it real cute.

Ariana? I do not stan for that insufferable little girl. :toofunny:

I think that she likes UV and prefers the wider creative control she had over it that she didn't really have with BtD, but she hasn't /done/ anything with it because it is such a sad, melancholic album. It's full of dark stuff and I think she wants to move on from it & be happy.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I don't understand Lana sometimes, if u love UV so much show some enthusiasm.

Shoot more videos and promote it.

She doesn't even give a fuck.

Also, it bothers me and I am sure a lot of fans as well that she keeps this " I don't do hip hop anymore" bull shit.

Bitch you literally hate what put you on the map. She'll lose all her fans if keep this up tho. But I guess whatever for art.

That's nice, hon. Now go take your meds.

Ariana? I do not stan for that insufferable little girl. :toofunny:

Gay, plz.

I recommend you listen to the original which is far superior.

Daydream, and Butterfly are far better than any Ariana's album lyrically, melodically, you name it.

Also better than any Lana's album. And one the best R&B records of all time.

Gay, plz.

Daydream, and Butterfly are far better than any Ariana's album lyrically, melodically, you name it.

Also better than any Lana album. And one the best R&B records of all time.

:bye:

Gay, plz.

Why do you have to turn every thread into a mess? Nobody cares about Merrier anyway :eyeroll2:

Lana give us some news please :toofunny:

ZmJh1LG.jpg

Also, it bothers me and I am sure a lot of fans as well that she keeps this " I don't do hip hop anymore" bull shit.

Bitch you literally hate what put you on the map. She'll lose all her fans if she keeps this up tho. But I guess whatever for art.

Video Games put Lana on the map. Video Games is a four minute love ballad with orchestral production and no drums or any kind of beat. Not only did it put her on the map, she was catapulted into stardom and acclaim in less than a few weeks after it's release. BTD, an album full of hip hop beats (besides VG) was panned almost universally across America and over the course of it's release she became one of the most controversial and widely criticised singers of the year. (I'm not saying I don't like BTD, it's great, but yeah based on her experiences in that kind of music, and the fact she genuinely stated she was dissatisfied with it, I'm fairly sure we're not hearing anymore loon for a loooong while)

Also, need I remind you that her exact description of Honeymoon was "Similar to btd AND Paradise"?

The only similarity between Btd and Paradise was the orchestral production. No overly loud beats or samples on Ride, Cola, Blue Velvet, Yayo.

Uv was Lana's way of proving her own artistic merit by releasing an album with little commercial appeal and promo. Maybe we'll get a few hits this era, maybe Beyoncé and Jay-Z are getting separated. It's of little concern to me if the music's still good.

If you want beats, go listen to A$AP Rocky, if you want R&B, go listen to Malignant Cuntwart (the elusive STD) let Lana write whatever she feels inspired to write, she's not the only outlet of music you know?

I'm cool with Nowels and Heath co-writing again, but I really hope they do not produce anything...I'm sure they will, though. I also wish she would bring Parker back for a couple of tracks. He's so talented and executes her vision well.

I also wish she would bring Parker back for a couple of tracks. He's so talented and executes her vision well.

:pray2:

i should give that one up though tbh

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

I just want happy songs. Ultraviolence is probs one of my fave albums ever but goshhh it's so fucking sad I can't listen to it when I'm really sad :toofunny:

Anyway I know she won't disappoint

tumblr_mlxya6hyee1qbh0eio4_250.gif

I know, right! That Lana del Ray girl isn't really that great. Idk why so many of her fans have joined Mariahboards. :(

14417469274.gif

I have an idea, we should all write down our far-fetched, maybe unrealistic wants about the album. You know...if you were in charge, what would you make Lana do?

Here's mine:

I want a song called "When you leave" and I want it to draw parallels between leaving for the Honeymoon and also being left by someone you love. I want it to be dark and sad. I want Lana to say she can't live without her man and that she will wait for him a million years. (sort of a mixture of Without You & Blue Jeans thematically, but with next level lyrics of course). Given how she writes about the same things over and over (I know most of you bitch about that all the time but I love it, Lana don't ever change) I could see something like that happen.

+ Also I want Daddy hints and references :oop: But not in the way she did it in Old Money, but more like the way she did it in Put me in a movie and Yayo

+ I want her to express her submissive nature in relationships just to enrage the lizard bitch once more, causing her to flip out and do something embarrassing

I trust that Lana will live up to my expectations :whitney:

funny thing is, even if the album is nothing like i just described, I'll most likely love it anyway :toofunny:

She did say that she wasn't crazy about the production on BTD, though.

She has even more creative control now and Haynie doesn't fit the sound she is going for.

We don't really know what sound she is going for so she could easily work with him again. 

Bitch you literally hate what put you on the map. She'll lose all her fans if she keeps this up tho. But I guess whatever for art.

I think the label had something to do with that though, either they didn't invest as much in the era as they did BTD or she just didn't want to do all her visuals and promote because she wanted critical acclaim..

qsVmBMd.png