ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

She needs to get her ass up and promote all around the world. People in Europe almost forgot about Lana Del Rey. It's simple as that: if you don't promote, you don't earn much recognition from the music buying public and you are forgotten.

So ironic, since Lana doesn't want her work to be forgotten, but is not willing to work hard for it with interviews and live performances. I hope it changes. If she promotes in Germany, France and the UK, she is unstoppable. She better tours in Europe and Australia next year, otherwise she is completly erased from these markets.

And she can also leave her Instagram filtered videos for herself. Nobody wanna see that anymore.

And she can also leave her Instagram filtered videos for herself. Nobody wanna see that anymore.

And if you don't like it you can beat it, beat it baby  :hooker:

(No, honestly, I know many people won't agree with me on this, but I actually like what Lana did with UV because at least, she could be more herself and seemed more comfortable.)

Lana followed Pete Isben on twitter...

I know it means nothing, but at least it can make some speculations.

LOL she followed almost everyone who we thought would be working with here: Mark Ronson, that guy from Muse, now this guy (who already worked on SK btw)

A little movie like Tropico would be awsome with 3 or 4 songs from UV as an end of the era :)

I would choose Sad Girl, Pretty When You Cry, FMWUTTT and Brooklyn Baby for The movie

Mfhp.gif

A little movie like Tropico would be awsome with 3 or 4 songs from UV as an end of the era :)

I would choose Sad Girl, Pretty When You Cry, FMWUTTT and Brooklyn Baby for The movie

Just becasue she's done it once, doesn't mean she'll always do it (and I don't really see the UV songs fitting into a "movie")

It would just consume time and postpone the release date of Honeymoon.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

She seems to have moved on from UV unfortunately - not to mention finished Honeymoon and release it soon. Remember when she bragged about Tropico for forever since the release of Paradise? That's how a film is guaranteed to happen.

Lol I've been gone for two days and now I'm over here reading this thread like  :agree2:  :cumming2:  :dance: .

Lots of great points! I'm so excited for H o n e y m o o n! No lie I hate having to wait but I mean if it's to do it right then I will survive! 

September isn't that far I will have to tap into my inner patience skills.  :legend:

Some of the points that were hit I felt were very spot on. I also believe that this is an important album for Lana! It will be interesting to see how this goes. Promo is a necessity that we do need to get behind with this one! I mean of course us the F A N S are going to buy and support it with little to no promo but what about the general public. I mean I hate to say it but being successful is important to one's career. We want her to stick around! Don't get me wrong even though I'm a "ride or die" fan promo would be nice for me as well. I mean we like videos and interviews too! It builds on the album and the artists persona. This is important in holding people's attention. It does seem like they are trying to work on that a bit! I can see the differences already.

As for the album and the direction, of course I'm going to buy it and probably love it no matter what. I do like that each album has been an evolution from the previous. Honestly that's what was so fresh and interesting about UV. I hope we keep that going. I liked the point @ made about the the fan base that has been rooting for 4 years, this is so true. Four years is a long time. We have changed and evolved ourselves just in life. It's called growing up. So we are wanting/ expecting something different. What was once important or cool to us has changed. I just want a progression forward and not a regression. I mean it is still fun to listen to her earlier stuff but as far as relating I like the UV stuff because it feels more mature. I'd like a mature theme or at least undercurrent to the album. I know she still has a lot of young fans too so that needs to be tapped into as well! I just hope that it's multifaceted in the aspect that it can speak to whomever! You can't make everybody happy though! 

The mention of attitude is also spot on! Lana has been doing this for a while now, this isn't new. Let's see that confidence shine through! 

Either way September needs to be here lol! I'm excited. I can't wait till the first single drops! :excited:  :excited:  :excited:

The good thing about it is we know when the Album will drop. It's better than we know when the first single arrives. I think the first single comes in June or July followed by a second in August and maybe promo singles

Mfhp.gif

We might get a lead single by the end of June/ start of July.

I think the lead single might get released on one of these dates:

1. June 21th

2. July 4th

3. Ultraviolence's 1 Year Birthday (June 13th)

Those are typical Lana dates.

giphy.gif

I'm actually here to instagram movies, if it fits the song of course.

I want her to go back to her huge budget videos, aka Ride, National Anthem, Born To Die. If she gets another video shot with the same quality as Born To Die that would be the best thing ever right now! At the same time if we get a few big budget videos, then I'm happy for a few instagram filter ones too.

qsVmBMd.png

Call me pessimistic, but I'm not too sure Lana will properly promote Honeymoon or do lots of live performances on TV or radio seeing she's effectively barred journalists from the Endless Summer Tour...

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

Call me pessimistic, but I'm not too sure Lana will properly promote Honeymoon or do lots of live performances on TV or radio seeing she's effectively barred journalists from the Endless Summer Tour...

Agreed. I wouldn't get too excited about proper TV performances or promo. I think she was forced to for BTD, but was never a fan. Now that she's successful, I doubt we'll see her do much of it again.

I'm just excited that she's passionate about visuals and making videos again. It's such a large part of her package/appeal. I think a HQ album with new lyrical content, a few magazine covers, and a handful of nice videos would be a successful era. Maybe one or two televised performances.

I couldnt care less about tv appearances. Photoshoots>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

true but i only care for them for a week then its over lol like they dont hold much in time and they dont help in nothing to enjoy the music apart from the actual album lol

I couldnt care less about tv appearances. Photoshoots>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

true but i only care for them for a week then its over lol like they dont hold much in time and they dont help in nothing to enjoy the music apart from the actual album lol