ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Why are you guys concerned with Lana's finances? What's in your checking account right now?

Β 

Lana writes literally almost every song she records & tours rather consistently. Born To Die, after 3 years, is still in the top 80 of the albums chart & Ultraviolence went #1. I'm sure she's doing just fine financially.

Lana is reading this topic from her mansion sipping on her wine in her bathtub laughing at us peasants tbqh

Β 

Bitch what mansion she can't even afford to decorate her Malibu beach house

Β 

Β 

Β 

this is a joke

Β 

9ISvyf0.gif

still got nothing???? damn shes actually keeping this secret for once good for her. i mean she worked with two producers so at least she knows they aint the leakers. now she just has to decided whether dan, haynie or parker are the rats

is actually Honeymoon gonna be released worldwide on September 18 or only in few countries? Because if the only release date is 9.18 it means the album will leak later right? instead of a week before because a different country already has it..

Take me on a honeymoon to Paris.

is actually Honeymoon gonna be released worldwide on September 18 or only in few countries? Because if the only release date is 9.18 it means the album will leak later right? instead of a week before because a different country already has it..

I think that it will be released worldwide on September 18

Lana makesΒ hundreds of thousands of dollars on touring and royalties a year

Everytime someone clicks on any youtube or any streaming or buys any merchandise (as long as it is authentic)

Her songwriting makes hundreds of thousands and her songs being placed in movies and television shows (like American Horror having Jessica Lange sing Gods and Monsters makes so much more.)

Just on songwriting and her 350 plus songs, she can live off of royalties for 250 years.

Β 

When one doesn't need money, one is free to enjoy life any way they choose, and is not restricted to whoring themselves like the artists who have to be #1 on the singles chart every single week

for a short period then fade out.

Β 

As for Ed, he is going for #1 songs therefore, he is this years model next year forgotten. (BTW-whatever happened to Lorde?)

(the amazing double entendre of "This years model" when Elvis Costello titled one of his best lps that. BTW- no one ever said anything about Elvis Costello changing his name and saying

he was not authentic.) And I like his music, but he is irrelevant to Lana

Β 

@@SarcasticBeauty-

Please don't use Β the oldest anti-Lizzy meme about her father being rich

That is so demeaning to Lana.

Seems to me, from all one reads, Elizabeth herself has been the prime caretaker for her two sibblings, and it seems to me, Elizabeth herself is the one financing her family now.

Β 

sheesh.

Β 

and btw, I fell in a trap the other day-

the long post I was answering did something very swift- The first line was written as a given. I disagree with that line 100%,

It laid out a whole spiel that Lana was failing, bla bla bla.

While I said I disagreed with it, some of my response on the followup response might have had readers not know that I100% disagreed with the premise

Β 

and another thing-

with regard to airplay-in the USA on USA charts

these days almost ALL songs start off with downloads and slowly airplay winds its way across the USA

So a song would debut the first eligible chart week, drop quickly, then if radio kicks in the weeks/months after, it moves back up the charts (or reenters).

Some songs these days take 50 weeks to become a radio hit.

Not that Lana is going for hit singles in the first place.

Shut yo ass up. You're trying to go away from facts. Stop trying to be all stay away from the truth. HER DAD is RICH! It's realistic. He is.

Ok can we all stop to talk about the sexuality of her fans and her bank account and just agree it's not artistic at all to not do any kind of good promo but that it's not really suprising she behaves that way?

Yeezus, I'd rather talk about some fake snippets.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

still got nothing???? damn shes actually keeping this secret for once good for her. i mean she worked with two producers so at least she knows they aint the leakers. now she just has to decided whether dan, haynie or parker are the rats

Β 

Do you mean when her stuff usually get's leaked or has something leaked recently?

qsVmBMd.png

It's very simple about leaks- don't listen, don't forward, don't illegally download, buy the official versions and adults should be able to wait 3 weeks

Β 

It's like so many here are kids at Christmas and rip open a little piece of wrapping paper to peak at the gift, then on Christmas there is no surprise.

Β 

It's one thing for unreleased, never released extras

Β 

But the album itself should wait until it is released so every click and download counts to her (so one then can't complain while depreiving her of a sale.

Β 

unless of course one is here to mock her.

Β 

@@SarcasticBeauty- btw- when she takes a few years offΒ  have kids, her kids will be instant millionaires too. How cool is that. And that is 100% thanks to her.

Maybe she will do what Garth Brooks did and take 15 years off.

Her fans will be there on the other side of that.

Β 

And yes, it is artistic to sing and release music if one is a singer.

The promo stuff has nothing to do with artistry.

As the movie "Field of dreams" says "If you build it, they will come"

The music is building it.

Coming is up to the fans.

(you decide if this is a pun or not).

Lana isΒ our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlsonΒ Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons,Β Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Isn't weird how Honeymoon doesn't appear to be under Intescope license on itunes? UV and BTD are both under license of the two labels but only Honeymoon says ""Lana Del Rey, under exclusive license to Polydor Ltd. (UK)"

Isn't weird how Honeymoon doesn't appear to be under Intescope license on itunes? UV and BTD are both under license of the two labels but only Honeymoon says ""Lana Del Rey, under exclusive license to Polydor Ltd. (UK)"

Β 

Sometimes pre-orders don't have all the info filled in/updated, it may change.

9ISvyf0.gif

This just occurred to me out of nowhere and it's pretty lame but what if Honeymoon is Lana fighting a dual-personality/persona? Like Lana Del Rey vs Elizabeth Grant? The fact that she has two instagrams made me think of this, as well as the two definitive genres that we can expect on the album.Β 

Β 

Also the line "You are what you are. I don't matter to anyone" in TLY makes me think of Elizabeth singing to Lana, maybe? And how she listens to the radio to hear herself again and how she lost herself when Lana faded (or more like, will possibly one day fade) into obscurity? Or maybe it's alluding to how Lizzy faded into obscurity.Β 

This just occurred to me out of nowhere and it's pretty lame but what if Honeymoon is Lana fighting a dual-personality/persona? Like Lana Del Rey vs Elizabeth Grant? The fact that she has two instagrams made me think of this, as well as the two definitive genres that we can expect on the album.

Β 

Also the line "You are what you are. I don't matter to anyone" in TLY makes me think of Elizabeth singing to Lana, maybe? And how she listens to the radio to hear herself again and how she lost herself when Lana faded (or more like, will possibly one day fade) into obscurity? Or maybe it's alluding to how Lizzy faded into obscurity.

OMG THIS WOULD BE SO COOL

:excited:

This just occurred to me out of nowhere and it's pretty lame but what if Honeymoon is Lana fighting a dual-personality/persona? Like Lana Del Rey vs Elizabeth Grant? The fact that she has two instagrams made me think of this, as well as the two definitive genres that we can expect on the album.Β 

Β 

Also the line "You are what you are. I don't matter to anyone" in TLY makes me think of Elizabeth singing to Lana, maybe? And how she listens to the radio to hear herself again and how she lost herself when Lana faded (or more like, will possibly one day fade) into obscurity? Or maybe it's alluding to how Lizzy faded into obscurity.Β 

Β 

I mean it's possible, but Lana said in an interview not too long ago that Lana Del Rey isn't a persona of herself.

Β 

Β 

"Is Lana Del Rey a character played by Elizabeth Grant?"

"No. Lana Del Rey is exactly who she's supposed to be: Free enough to be her own person, and that's exactly who I am. I'm not like a persona. I'm not a caricature of myself."

9ISvyf0.gif