ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

can someone let me know if the electric guitar in freak is obvious when you heard it in store?

Yessss!! It comes in very strong I almost thought someone was playing another song over it.

I'm still listening to the better recordings just posted but this album is so diverse and amazing. I love it! I will definitely say that the stronger songs were not picked as singles. I mean I still love the songs that we have it's just I wasn't expecting something this interesting tbh. I can hear different influences from her past albums all combined into this one. It is really good. I want to listen to it in HQ before I make a decision about it's ranking but I will definitely say it far exceeds BTD. I'm feeling it may exceed UV too but being I'm so partial to it I'd like to hear Honeymoon for real before deciding that. 

I'm still listening to the better recordings just posted but this album is so diverse and amazing. I love it! I will definitely say that the stronger songs were not picked as singles. I mean I still love the songs that we have it's just I wasn't expecting something this interesting tbh. I can hear different influences from her past albums all combined into this one. It is really good. I want to listen to it in HQ before I make a decision about it's ranking but I will definitely say it far exceeds BTD. I'm feeling it may exceed UV to but being I'm so partial to it I'd like to hear Honeymoon for real before deciding that. 

hopefully she pushes out 2-3 more singles and videos [after mtwbt] for this era to really showcase it. with the right song choices the album could gather extra sales in the long term.

i hated that ultraviolence only had 3 singles.

I never thought I'd say this, but I really love 24. It's got such a beautiful 50s chanson feel about it...

does it sound like the left over bond theme we all thought it would be?

haven't listened to the snippets yet but i love reading what you guys have to say. i'm particularly glad to hear HM and TLY might be the weaker tracks, i was honestly gettin a lil worried about how i'd find the album but ya, this is exciting.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Can all the people who said HM would suck and would be the end of career please stand up? Thanks.

you can't blame anyone when she or her team picked the most uninteresting/monotone songs on the whole record as the singles lol

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

haven't listened to the snippets yet but i love reading what you guys have to say. i'm particularly glad to hear HM and TLY might be the weaker tracks, i was honestly gettin a lil worried about how i'd find the album but ya, this is exciting.

I definitely wasn't expecting what it is lol! I was expecting something more akin to the two you referenced honestly minus the three middle songs. But it really is so different. Stand outs so far to me are GKIT,SALV,TBD. They really are amazing. Still listening to the rest lol!

Does anyone else hear the melody of the sax part of Careless Whisper during Verse 3 of Salvatore?

[Verse 3]

The summer's hot

And I've been waiting for you all this time

I adore you, can't you see, you're meant for me?

Summer's long without you, cold without you

I was so wrong not to tell...

I'm in regine, tangerine dreams

I had posted on 30th May 2015 my top 3 songs which LDR shud cover and in that I had written Careless whisper. See it here -> http://goo.gl/z7B5vy

Also tracks 9 to 13 (Religion to Swan Song) is a fucking fantastic consecutive run of tracks that is possibly even better than the first 5 of UV. The second half of HM with the exception of DLMBM simply annihilates the songs officially released so far.

(this is all IMO :))

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

I definitely wasn't expecting what it is lol! I was expecting something more akin to the two you referenced honestly minus the three middle songs. But it really is so different. Stand outs so far to me are GKIT,SALV,TBD. They really are amazing. Still listening to the rest lol!

Agreed!

I'm so glad the rest of the album isn't at all like HM and TLY... Phew....

Also tracks 9 to 13 (Religion to Swan Song) is a fucking fantastic consecutive run of tracks that is possibly even better than the first 5 of UV. The second half of HM with the exception of DLMBM simply annihilates the songs officially released so far.

(this is all IMO :))

It really is pretty amazing! :oprah:

Agreed!

I'm so glad the rest of the album isn't at all like HM and TLY... Phew....

I like them lol, so I had myself prepared for that!

But this is so much better!

Exceeds expectations for sure.