ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

I basically want BTD Lana back. I'm tired of the boring rock and "jazz" Lana. I want her back with her beautiful auburn hair with gorgeous and shiny curls. I want her to dress well again, using some make up. Let MTWBT be something that I would hear in BTD

Yes, please.

I'm tired of this basic bitch causal white t shirt..jeans image.  :facepalm:

One of the reasons, she underperformed tbh this era. This imagery, videos are just not strong enough to gain new interest from the gp.

Everything is so bland. 

Music To Watch Boys To just gives me a vision of smoking cigarettes and sucking on lollipops while in the front seat of an El Camino with your Mexican homegirl

watching the boys play basketball lmao

The title makes me visualise two girls with sunglasses on, hair blowing in the wind, sitting under a tree watching boys at a skate park, in black and white? every single time i hear the words 'Music To Watch Boys To' i instantly get that visual. every. time.

The more I think of this 'Revenge Of Lizzy Grant' idea the more I fall in love with it :toofunny: I mean how cool would it be if she transformed her old self into her alter-ego for this next album? It would literally blow everyone away, especially the ones who called -and keep calling- her a fake... It's probably never going to happen but the profile pic Lana uploaded and the photograph Chuck shared are feeding this little dream of mine haha

"THE LIZZY GRANT LP" by Lana Del Rey

I can imagine a jazzy, LDR-style title track. A summery-sounding chorus where she intermittently sings "music to watch boys to" and hums a little.

And why do people thinking that it's going to be in the style of DICWB? Just because Ronson is producing & both titles share the word "boys" does not mean she's going back to bubblegum pop.

I could imagine the song doesn't feature the song title at all (Old Money) , or at least not as a chorus (Blue Jeans)

Oh, I think with the ambition she shows, this time she WILL give us a really fitting look. However, maybe we already see it now. Like, she seems to quite over the UV era, so maybe the latest shoots could imply the look (and by this sound).

This look , or the Galore-Magazine look don't seem quite UV-ish for me. And they would fit the topic.

I'd love to see her going for the style of Emma Peel, like fance and colourful but yet somehow "exotic" clothing completet with the wonderful hairstyle ...

(The internet only gives me pictures of Peel in jumpsuits or boring clothes, but i know that through the series, she displayed a lot of wonderful outfits, especially during the "The Avengers Colour" time)

MV5BMTY2OTUyMTM1Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDQ5

0.jpg

And I hope for glamour-y photoshoots like during the BtD era.

Music To Watch Boys To reminds me of the 60's song Music to Watch Girls By.

If Lana goes with this James Bond/Groovy horn sound I will be in heaven! :D

OH GOD YEAH I WOULD LOVE THIS SOUND!

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

This imagery and sound would be perfect.

I mean she kinda did the 60s thing with BTD (that was more housewife-y glamour look) but I want a more edgier version of that.

lategan_twiggy.jpg
twiggy04.jpg

Kinda like this but with videos as well:

lana-del-rey-6.jpg

Can't she just release something like Anaconda or Shake It Off?

It would certainly be entertaining to see Lana in a music video like Shake it off or Anaconda had

It would totally work

That fan edit of Lana dancing to Anaconda made me addicted to the song, I must have watched it like 10 times :toofunny:

@@ilovetati Lana goes Bardot :oprah:

The fact that you guys are far more interested in her hair than the music itself :rip:

But whatever, BTD Lana is never coming back (I mean sonically) so get lost if you want Emile's overproduction and tiring samples all over again. I'd like a hot summery album as the title MTWBT suggests, but if we keep into account what Lana said it's gonna be jazzy and slow. I'm happy with either of them tbh

ZmJh1LG.jpg

I really hope she finds that "future jazz" sound she is/was looking for. I feel like she tried that with UV, but ended up with her "narco-swing" genre. I've always thought she would be an awesome jazz singer, ever since she compared herself to Nancy Sinatra. I'm really glad she's working with Mark Ronson, he did some of Amy Winehouse's best work. It's all very exciting and I'm really looking forward to this next album.

I'm a bad jazz singer

Giving you the finger

No matter what you'll linger

Cause you like me even when I'm mean

@@ilovetati Lana goes Bardot :oprah:

The fact that you guys are far more interested in her hair than the music itself :rip:

But whatever, BTD Lana is never coming back (I mean sonically) so get lost if you want Emile's overproduction and tiring samples all over again. I'd like a hot summery album as the title MTWBT suggests, but if we keep into account what Lana said it's gonna be jazzy and slow. I'm happy with either of them tbh

Well aka is sort of a mix of sugary summer pop and jazz (as the phrase 'surf noir' suggests) and that's really what I predict this record will sound like- Lana going back to her roots.

Then again when I first heard the title "Ultraviolence" I was sure Lana was giving us some "Beyoncé" esque dark, ethereal beats with lavish production. She went the other way and still managed to exceed my expectations in terms of quality so I'm past the point of questioning Lana's methods. This bitch can do no wrong. :oprah:

Well aka is sort of a mix of sugary summer pop and jazz (as the phrase 'surf noir' suggests) and that's really what I predict this record will sound like- Lana going back to her roots.

Then again when I first heard the title "Ultraviolence" I was sure Lana was giving us some "Beyoncé" esque dark, ethereal beats with lavish production. She went the other way and still managed to exceed my expectations in terms of quality so I'm past the point of questioning Lana's methods. This bitch can do no wrong. :oprah:

Yeah I couldn't agree more. In the end, whatever Lana puts on the table it's gonna be of great quality as almost everything she's released so far. I'm quite confident, I don't know what this album will sound like but I'm positively sure it's gonna slay me back and forth.

ZmJh1LG.jpg

Ultraviolence was a bit 'heavy' so it would be nice if she went back to a lighter sound for the next album. The direction it sounds like she's going in sounds amazing and exactly what I want from Lana. Beach anthems!! 

This description is perfect - 

The title makes me visualise two girls with sunglasses on, hair blowing in the wind, sitting under a tree watching boys at a skate park, in black and white? every single time i hear the words 'Music To Watch Boys To' i instantly get that visual. every. time.

qsVmBMd.png

Pretty sure that she and Interscope agreed to abandon UV very quickly. After all the budget has been cut and she managed to release the record she wanted, they have probably agreed to let her release it, but to come up with a new record the next year. At least this is what it looks like to me and then to pair her with a successful producer.

Not complaining though, there might be a chance of gettin a few radio friendly songs. I could need some Lana at work when the radio is on.

Meanwhile the 'alternative' fans be like:

After Lana has released her 37 minute psychedelic grunge epic "I Actually didn't fuck my way up to the top (feat. Courtney Love)" accompanied by a music video of herself painting her toenails grey and slitting her wrists on the thorns of white roses (filmed on an iphone, ffs) the indie queen/reincarnation of Kurt Cobain will cancel her summer tour to find a reason to break up with latest boyfriend Francesco Carrozzini. Then on May 1st Lana will release her latest album (title unknown) to critical acclaim and continue not to release singles for the next year before staging her own drive-by shooting, framing Lorde then returning from the dead one week later and suprise releasing her revolutionary future-jazz album "suicide note" (dedicated to the late Barrie James O'neill) before buying herself out of her contract with interscope to join Azealia Banks' newly formed independent label "F U IGGY RECORDS" and Lana shall be initiated into the league of icons by Beyoncé, wearing the skin of Stefani Germanotta as she bathes in Chanel No 5 and sacrifices a child to the spirits of Hollywood.

Hey, at least she never has another top 40 single :oop:

but is the bolded part actually that far fetched?  :troll:

tumblr_n90y9oYmu41qzj1pro1_500.gif